Dw10 fuel supply/filter.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dw10 fuel supply/filter.
Hi all, I need to create space in the engine bay of my 205. By removing the original filter and associated Gubbins I would gain plenty.

Can anyone see any issues in using an inline filter? As long as the inline filter has a micron rating of 5 it should be OK.

Only problem I can see is inside the fuel filter housing there is a pressure regulator. This regulates the supply pressure to the pump, by removing the housing the HP pump will be getting the full fury of the in tank pump.
Thanks given by:
I never managed to find any information on the in-housing regulator, but being a simple spring-loaded arrangement i suspect it's just there to stop the hp pump being run dry. I know a couple of people have run with an alternative filter in the past, apparently without problems, so can't see it being an issue.

How is your 205 coming along? Thought i'd check your thread since i haven't looked at it for ages, only to find it seems you haven't either. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Not updated much as I haven't been in there for a while. My original plan of charge cooling is more than likely being replaced with a FMIC set up which is why I want to move the filter etc.... Besides that the car runs nice and smooth. I just need new brakes, tyres and sort the inter cooling out ready for MOT.

I've been researching which is the biggest intercooler I can fit above the rad but there ain't much space-
[Image: IMG_20130712_232759_zps3210f25d.jpg]

Still not 100% which to choose.
Thanks given by:
Fairy snuff, married life not taking it's toll, i hope..? Wink

Ah, that makes sense. That really isn't much space is it... I reckon there's a few about that should fit nicely though, what are your options so far?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Jag x type diesel intercooler would fit there nicely.

I cant see an issue with relocating the filter either, as poodle says the regualtor isnt exactly a high tec bit of kit and a dont think a 1 bar change in input pressure is going to hurt the CR pump that runs at 1800 bar and has its own regulator
Thanks given by:
Lol the days of working all night in the batcave have unfortunately reduced, hence the lack of updates.
My options are up to now-

+Continue with the P38 oil cooler as the charge cooler pre rad, then get a custom thicker one made at a later date.
+Fit a 4x4 cosworth intercooler.
+Fit a landrover discovery 3 intercooler.
+Fit a BMW E61 intercooler.

Last option which would break the whole standard GRDT look..... Strap a BFO universal one up front.

(12-01-2014, 05:55 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Jag x type diesel intercooler would fit there nicely.

I cant see an issue with relocating the filter either, as poodle says the regualtor isnt exactly a high tec bit of kit and a dont think a 1 bar change in input pressure is going to hurt the CR pump that runs at 1800 bar and has its own regulator

While trawling eBay for an x-type intercooler I might have found one which will fill the space perfectly :-)
Thanks given by:
The e39 one's are almost identical in overall dimensions and are about half the price on ebay. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
^^^ I did wonder that
Thanks given by:
Looks like it will be a good fit-
[Image: Screenshot_2014-01-13-08-54-48_zps5pripona.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel Filter pug306driver 8 2,724 25-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Last Post: pug306driver