DW10 vs DW12 vs DV6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DW10 vs DW12 vs DV6
Hi everyone!

My car is little bit past 250k miles and different ideas start to creep in my head. no engine tuning has been don at this point.

so big question would be for engine swap if it is needed.
will DV6 or maybe DW12 fit inside without modding?
I am considering DV6 because of way it feels. somehow easier revving and more lively than dw10. I have driven dv6 in peugeot partner and peugeot 5008.
but on other hand it seems like DW12 (dw12 ted4 to be more specific) is way to go for POWER. in small body of 306 would be great (sleeper?).
and together with engine gearbox would be considered too! ideally 6 speed and conversion to hydraulic clutch.
for now it is not planned, but more like future ideas if budget would allow.
Thanks given by:
I would like to see a DW12 in Big Grin especially with your ideas of hydraulic clutch and 6 speed box...

Sounds very intriguing Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
I have done small research, and biggest difference for dw12 is lower engine mount possibly, but more like fitting space is concerning me!
Thanks given by:
I think someone might have done this before but i can't be 100% on that. Space would be an issue i guess lol the DW10 engine struggles in these as it is. I emailed a company called Pug1off asking about the 2.2 being dropped into mine and they said do-able but they had not done it before and would be costly.
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
There is a 2.2 in a Dimmer on here. What about a 2.0L 16v HDI ?
Thanks given by:
The dw12 and dv6 both need a fair bit of modifying to fit iirc, shafts, hydro clutch, gear cables and mounts off the top of my head. It has been covered before, can't remember the details though. Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will be along soon, the cornish derv mafia are currently holidaying in Italy so give it a few days.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
dv6 can make pretty big power, and internals aren't too shabby iirc
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2015, 04:44 PM)Poodle Wrote: The dw12 and dv6 both need a fair bit of modifying to fit iirc, shafts, hydro clutch, gear cables and mounts off the top of my head. It has been covered before, can't remember the details though. Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will be along soon, the cornish derv mafia are currently holidaying in Italy so give it a few days.

Wasn't the dw12 a near enough swap?
Use a 306 hdi gear box and use the 306hdi loom (swapping sensors over) then get it mapped?

I swear I remember Dum-Dum saying something about this ages ago
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah i was assuming he meant the newer 16v unit.

I think the dv6 would be great in a 306, should do it!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Is there any chance of seeing fitting point compatibility without getting actual engines and trying to fit them?
Thanks given by:
Sure, you can go round the respective engines and take a ton of measurements from suitable reference points, probably help if you're handy with cad. The dv6 was fitted in the 206, as was the dw10 8v, so you might find some useful details there, same goes for the dw10 8v and dw12 in the 406 or 806.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
As far as I know the DW10 and DW12 should bolt up with minimal fuss into a car which had an xu engine in. In a 205 GTI I've seen all XU engines fitted so you should be OK in a 306.Never seen the DV6 fitted but people generally go up in displacement.

Letting us know what your original engine is will help with the more tricky bits like wiring and cooling system etc.... If it where me I'd go for the 2.2HDI.
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with the 2.0 hdi 16v
Thanks given by:
The 2.0 16v HDi is the one I'd go for- the "feel" of the 1.6 vs 2.0 engine is mostly down to the calibration rather than marked differences in engine design.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
so the best thing would be to change engine from 8v to 16v? and most worrying thing would be electrics, not physical fabrication.
Thanks given by:
At least with the DV6 the turbo is right up front, which would be pretty handy if you were planning to do a power build...
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
not too much of a power build is planned, because student for now. bet turbo placement makes building easier!

has anyone done dw10 136hp stock engine in 306? how much wiring is different?
Thanks given by:
RHR DW10BTED4 136hp engine has more changes than you'd expect.

The injection system is Siemens, commonrail pump driven off cylinder head, engine sits at 15* rather than 30*, different gearboxes used, wiring is entirely different, crank sensor not in same place (behind crank pulley), the rail itself is quite different, injectors entirely different and the engine itself isn't enough of an improvement over the RHW motor to be worth the hassle - easily get the same power from a RHW engine with modifications.

As said, best way is the RHW 2.0 16v DW10ATED4 from 807/C8 and Eurobus taxis - use original 2.0 8v DW10TD ECU and have the maps on that ECU adjusted to suit the 2.0 16v DW10ATED4.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
thank you for making that part more clear!
Thanks given by:
See, i said "someone" would be along shortly. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
quick response always helps!

so now all is left to do is start a project thread and get going!

and maybe not spending all money on car parts! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
It's old thread but...

Could someone tell me differences between DW10ATED and DW12TED4 blocks? Mainly I'm interested in height of both. Difference between stroke is 8mm (96-88), so DW12 should be 4mm higher. But I found somewhere piston height and this dumbfounded me, because DW12 piston was ~4mm shorter.

Anyone?

Cheers.
Thanks given by:
makes sense, allpws a longer rod which reduces severe rod angles, quite important when trying to male big power & torque
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
DW12 block.... Cant use the stock 306 gearbox.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Up.

What's the problem?

Does head mount from 16v fit into 8v, or I need some modifying?
Thanks given by:
take the dw12 and put all the bit's in to the 8v block, the head fits fine and put the 6 speed box on it if you want to its all interchangeable
Thanks given by:
That doesn't work either. You need to use RHW/RHM/RHT 2.0 16v pistons, RHR/RHK pistons are different again.
Thanks given by:
Okay. Does RHY equipment fit onto RHW? I know that injectors should be from 16v engine, but if I remember correctly fuel pump is the same across 2.0 HDi and 2.2 HDi powered by EDC15. Alternator, starter? Or would it would be "easier" to use RHY block? Also, anyone tried RHR exhaust manifold?
Thanks given by:
6 speed box off the DW12 won't fit the 8v block....tried it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Oh. And what's the problem?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Converting DW10 to IDI (XUD) TwinkleToes 22 6,712 27-09-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  DW10 Piper cam 306clot 17 5,630 13-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: toseland