The Astor Platinum Onyx

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Astor Platinum Onyx
If you can prove the engine was damaged before you bought it then you might be able to get something back but then again...if it's internal to the engine and not checkable you may not have a case

An engineers report including pictures may add some weight i.e. Proving it's been a long term problem and would have noticeable when it was previously in the car...engines don't just blow up without any tell-tell signs
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Who did you buy it off then? I take it was someone local?
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 09:44 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Who did you buy it off then? I take it was someone local?

Yeah bloke the other side of wickham market,about 40miles away maybe.Goes by the name of fordygti on 306gti6.com I had some wheels of him (1.2's) and i beleive the turnini where once owned by him.

I ll be researching my rights and small claims today
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Well after abit of "f*cking crap 306" "I m a dick for buying a shit engine"etc.

Decided to pull my head from my arse a get on fixing it Big Grin

So found this guy in Norfolk who breaks xsara and 6's,sents parts to brazil and stuff.So got down to look for a engine,heard 1 from a vts on 115k full history on car and engine was honest one of the quietest if heard pulled well.Even took the car for a very naughy drive round the industrial estate.got say was quite liking the drive of the xsara bar the looks everything better than a gti lol

So struck a very responsibility deal and engine should be with us monday or tuesday fingercrossed Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Good news mate, hope guys decent engine this time :-)

I'm surprised no one on here has a xsara vts actually, only reason I wouldn't have one is the awful dashboard of all things haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2014, 07:25 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Good news mate, hope guys decent engine this time :-)

I'm surprised no one on here has a xsara vts actually, only reason I wouldn't have one is the awful dashboard of all things haha

yeah it all plasma dailed and looks like a saxo lol

As it's at my mate garage,been there so long starting to forget i own a 306.
Hopefully be driving it properly by the end of the week Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear its getting fixed (again). I know how you feel when you do all this work then it goes wrong :p
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2014, 07:25 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Good news mate, hope guys decent engine this time :-)

I almost bought one when my ph.2 died but then I had the chance to buy a ph.1 so couldn't ignore that. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2014, 09:31 AM)Niall Wrote: Glad to hear its getting fixed (again). I know how you feel when you do all this work when it goes wrong :p

Yeah mainly just this lack of common decently by the person who f*cked me over on the first engine,who just get trolled by me on the 6 forum,has the highly hood of me getting my money back Is very slim if I can discourage people not to buy from me that I could live with.

Yeah will this weather and show season comming up fast,It's really spurred me on Big Grin

Getting the old f*cked engine back aswell so have a play around try make a turbo manifold just for shits and giggles as got the whole winter It create somthing crazy..

(16-03-2014, 09:32 AM)RetroPug Wrote:

I almost bought one when my ph.2 died but then I had the chance to buy a ph.1 so couldn't ignore that. lmao

Was in half a mind to buy it then realised why I was there lol
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2014, 12:27 PM)7057sam Wrote: I almost bought one when my ph.2 died but then I had the chance to buy a ph.1 so couldn't ignore that. lmao

[/quote]
Which car was that? Mixed up now!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2014, 03:44 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(16-03-2014, 12:27 PM)7057sam Wrote: I almost bought one when my ph.2 died but then I had the chance to buy a ph.1 so couldn't ignore that. lmao

Which car was that? Mixed up now!
[/quote]

Xsara vts.Go for pennies compared to 6's. Considering the ph1's have the quick rake and all have the 21mm tb I think would make a as good track car definitely a thought if this goes tits up Smile
Thanks given by:
So bit of a update

Engine is in a running sweet as a nut Big Grin

Also fitted rallye aux and alloy pulley as well as cambelt,new fluids

Done the mot and decat and magnex today,going to pick it up tomorrow,can't wait it's been too long

Oh and focus decided to fail tonite,scouse rac guy was a complete legend.So got the alternetor to do on that at some point
picture of said focus fail lol

[Image: 20140401_224534.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Goodlad but your over the moon Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2014, 12:51 AM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: Goodlad but your over the moon Big Grin

Yeah buzzing mate,just ring green light and confirm my insurance and good to go.

quite funny how the focus fucks up the day before getting thw astor,must be some sort of sign lol

Can't wait to give it a major clean aswell,its been sitting since the middle of January so fairly grimy.
Thanks given by:
Sounds good man. Cant wait for us to be 306 fwends again!
Thanks given by:
Major update people!!

Right so here how its stands with 3 months (maybe more) dust and gimme on it.[Image: 20140402_161629.jpg][Image: 20140402_161615.jpg]

Literally just justed a bucket of warm water and spooch,then demon shine and microfibre cloths,the side light where pretty cool never even know about them,may have to turn into one of them "drives around with his sidelights on people" lol
Results:

[Image: 20140402_190005.jpg]
[Image: 20140402_190011.jpg]
[Image: 20140402_185829.jpg]

Ohh 2 hours into 306 ownership,battery did not want start her,so off to halford I go!
[Image: 20140402_191621.jpg]

Engine isnt nothing the write home about,the the bits are hidden Dodgy
Note my old camcovers Smile will to cleaning it up on the coming weeks

[Image: 20140402_191738.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good job on getting it back on road! First time I took mine for a drive today was well chuffed!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks gorgeous...

dont suppose that sahara sand helped much!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It does look amazing mate. I hope youre really happy with it! Id love it! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Nice one Sam, Astor ftw!
Thanks given by:
Good man Big Grin makes me miss my astor a little seeing that. Looking forward to more updates
Thanks given by:
Looking very well, good luck with it!
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys for all your kind comments and advice up to this point in my project,haf moments where just wanted to give up but getting it today and driving round has made it all worth it

already done 70 odd miles and useing 20-25 pound of petrol lol

Think maybe tracking out slightly and the magnex with no audio takes some getting used to lol
Thanks given by:
Looking good chap. Astor is such an awesome colour!
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2014, 08:46 PM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: Good man Big Grin makes me miss my astor a little seeing that. Looking forward to more updates

Cheers buddy

Astor such a easy car to clean can't wait to get the turnini's on.Temtped to pull the td's on for a few days,never driven on track tryes before.

Had a little snoop round the interior aswell,the previous owner left In Smile
Infinity 6x9 and door speakers so that my audio sorted Big Grin also has the original changer strap for the disc changer in the back so find a decent headunit and changer now,looking into a aphine quite old one (late 90's)as want it to suit the car.

[Image: 20140402_161348.jpg]
[Image: 20140402_161328.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Having fun bashing your head on those getting stuff out the boot lol... My 6x9 shelf lasted about a week before I refitted a standard one! lol
Thanks given by:
Lucky you, nice little present Big Grin

Welcome back to the Astor club
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Looking spot one dude! need to get mine polished asap
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2014, 09:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Having fun bashing your head on those getting stuff out the boot lol... My 6x9 shelf lasted about a week before I refitted a standard one! lol

They look worse from that picture,tehy don't go to deep,and there have been stealth mounted so look very oe.

Also got a spare ph3 spolier which ill either spray black or colour code

busy busy Big Grin

(11-06-1970, 03:06 PM)sam Wrote: Looking spot one dude! need to get mine polished asap

Chees buddy

didn't every do a major clean just a bucket of water then quick detail and tyre shine Smile

Going to test fit turnis on friday if I get enough time
Thanks given by:
Looking really nice again now,its a credit to you ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Onyx Rallye. 182.1bhp & 154.5ft/lb Wilwoods & axle arrived! Welding finished! Matt-Rallye 420 116,122 11-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Platinum Silver S1 306 HDI MY95 16 6,016 17-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Last Post: MY95
Smile Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi StarBenn 144 60,122 29-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Last Post: StarBenn