The Astor Platinum Onyx

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Astor Platinum Onyx
Ok,all sealed up ready for the winter and maybe a trackday (birthday present from the parents) 

Carl sprayed the bumper and back panel satin black witch looks pretty good all think considered,hopefully do the bootlid and with abit of winter dirt she be ok for a few months.

Also got a well deserved oil change as it's done way to much track time on the old stuff.Aswell as the better less bodged decat so the pops and bangs are back on the menu.

[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Think the title needs changing...'The Astor Platinum Onyx' Big Grin

Glad it's getting sorted for you though! Smile
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2015, 08:57 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Think the title needs changing...'The Astor Platinum Onyx' Big Grin

Glad it's getting sorted for you though! Smile

Done lol 

Can't wait to get back in a petrol and go for a hoon Smile
Thanks given by:
Haha lol

Yeah I agree, diesel just isn't the same for a hoon!
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate! Big Grin Just need to get mine sorted out now.
Thanks given by:
Glad to see you didn't give up with this mate! Looks like a decent job has been done
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys,can't wait to pick it up tomorrow,only thing I'm dreading is ging back to awful mpg a well go back to using the missus clio which we can't shift off 59.8 :lol

Here pictures I received from carl today 

Thanks given by: 1616six
Good to see it back man. Like i said if you need a sprayers quote just ask. Have friends who do it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Looks good. Race car with the black back end haha!
Thanks given by:
Looks like a diesel conversion with coal up the rear end now. lol
Thanks given by:
Needs a Dturbo sticker now lol glad to see one being saved Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
So gave it a clean,the wheels where bad dunno parely my fault partly yellowstuff,things give off so much dust aleast I know they working.

Anyways been driving it this week things I like 
: kick arse heater (better than the 15 plates I've been driving) 
Driving postion 
Exhuast 
Power 

Dislike 
Tracking (even though it's been done less that a year ago) 
Steering,is abit waywood,pulls to one side and is super heavy so I got to do some head scratching and get it on bash's ramp and see what's broke.

Thanks given by:
Is that a hint. Lol. Im sure i can help.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2015, 08:32 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Is that a hint. Lol. Im sure i can help.

Yes please.No massive rush just when your down the unit on a Sunday I'll pop over or something.
Thanks given by:
Works for me. Ill let you know. Smile i. Sure we can figure something.
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2015, 09:26 PM)7057sam Wrote: Ok so work has commenced,so turned out it got cat c'd and got the pay out and obviously kept the car.

So the boot lid was creased I worse than we thought so just swapped it out with another,going get it sealed up and weather tight for the winter and spray it up in the winter or as long as I can deal with a 3/4 toned car :[emoji38]

Well here's same photo of what carl did in a few hours,hopefully be done and ready to hit the road next of next week.
Glad to see you've got it back mate! Would have been a shame to see it brocken for parts!
(16-10-2015, 12:02 AM)7057sam Wrote: Cheers guys,can't wait to pick it up tomorrow,only thing I'm dreading is ging back to awful mpg a well go back to using the missus clio which we can't shift off 59.8 :[emoji38]

Here pictures I received from carl today 
Thanks given by:
Cheers  Matt 

So about a week ago i was driving through town when I heard a horrible knock from the engine then I investigated and fold my fans and cut the cooler lines pushed 4 litres of oil everywhere.

Got rac to get me back and tom came and gave me a massive hand taking the cooler off and getting some new oil in it.

Now 1 week along everthings fine,but starting to think the track tryes and comming off in the next few weeks and the clones are going on plus I also need to do (get Done) 

Icv 
Tracking 
Change to clones 
Think I broke the exhaust (agggggaaaaiiinnn !!) 
Probably need a new air filter at some point to old one took alot oil in last week lol.
Thanks given by:
Mate is the backbox a sleeved one? ive got a spare magnex backbox i need to get rid of if that helps you out. Jealous of your silver cylcones... dont fancy a swap for yellow ones?
Thanks given by:
Nah the exhaust f*cked at the mid selection maybe your straight throw section would be fun Big Grin

The clones are going back on in a few weeks when find 2 cheap 195 50 15's

Maybe put the rallye on the dragons and we can start stripping the yellow ones down ?
Thanks given by:
Long overdue update so in October the oil cooler rubbed the fans resulting in the line cutting and oil everywhere in the middle of town,managed to get the rac man to tow me back home and me and tom set about removing the cooler and refilling the oil.Not gonna lie in tapped it's nuts off but with fresh oil and all the tappets filled it was better 2 days later the engine was sounding fine and going well. Few pictures of said destroyed cooler and lines.

So have no idea if the cooler would be salvageable but as luck would have it I got a Mocal 16 row a 1/2 bsp lines for 30 pound posted

I decided as it was crappy winter I could get away without a cooler.Also my front ns2r on the front finally died so had to slap on so road tyres.

So mot was fast approaching was It passed with reasonable ease.

Anyone now what a idler rubber boot ??
I has got some track rods ends and icv as the same time as mines been playing up for last 2 year ( first new parts in a long time)

Decided to clean it after it passed it mot,used some new kick arse wheel cleaner aswell,still rocked the multicoloured look

Then went on a roadtrip for car parts and tick a few things of the list.

Big thanks to Damien,I'm very happy totally worth the journey

Because I f*cked my roller bearings decided to go for somthing alittle less track.
Vibratech p bush,arms and ball joints

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Good (overdue!) update there Big Grin Cars looking well. Cant wait to see it on track soon Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I have no idea what a steering idler boot is either lol? Only steering boots are on the TRE and inner rods, but not sure why either would be called an idler. Confused
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2016, 07:21 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Good (overdue!) update there Big Grin Cars looking well. Cant wait to see it on track soon Smile

Cheers mate go another upload comming tonite if the Internet wants to play ball.

Yah working crazy hours atm so maybe some unexpected shinies Smile

(13-04-2016, 07:26 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I have no idea what a steering idler boot is either lol?  Only steering boots are on the TRE and inner rods, but not sure why either would be called an idler. Confused

Even carl was like WTF 

But even with the new icv it still is'nt perfect low down so could be that
Thanks given by:
Inner, damn autocorrect?
Thanks given by:
so you went on a epic car parts journey and bought seats.... but where are the pictures?
Thanks given by:
Got new second hand omp wrc wheel and boss

Awaiting the flat seated bolts then we'll get it on.
Then on a wet Saturday tom came over to lend a massive favourite as serously lacking tools at the flat.
In the beginning..

They a corbeau clubsport xl running standard belts and they awsome 10 time the comfort than standard and a hell of a lot lighter.damiens going to give me the cg clips that will tension the belt up and make them spot on for track.
Thanks given by:
what cage are you going for?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
so do the standard seatbelts actually hold you in or are they sat away from you because the seat wraps around?
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2016, 11:02 AM)Eeyore Wrote: so do the standard seatbelts actually hold you in or are they sat away from you because the seat wraps around?

Wrap around be going to see about cutting the clips down so it can be feed throught the harness hole.
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2016, 01:01 PM)7057sam Wrote:
(13-04-2016, 11:02 AM)Eeyore Wrote: so do the standard seatbelts actually hold you in or are they sat away from you because the seat wraps around?

Wrap around be going to see about cutting the clips down so it can be feed throught the harness hole.

Dont think you need to cut the clips down? Just unbolt the bottom mount point and feed that through. Its bound to fit.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Onyx Rallye. 182.1bhp & 154.5ft/lb Wilwoods & axle arrived! Welding finished! Matt-Rallye 420 116,423 11-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Platinum Silver S1 306 HDI MY95 16 6,022 17-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Last Post: MY95
Smile Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi StarBenn 144 60,190 29-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Last Post: StarBenn