WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT
(08-08-2012, 06:41 AM)vlj Wrote: Looking good mate Smile

Thanks, got a way to go yet before its how I want it, but its getting there! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My new boot badge turned up today, but I'm not sure if I'm happy with it. The old badge was painted Diablo, with a black lion, so was going for the same vibe with the gel one. Unfortunately the new badge seems to be more of a cherry red background than Diablo. What do you guys think?

Original:

[Image: 2eny6aje.jpg]

New:

[Image: ba8anesa.jpg]

[Image: 3e6erynu.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
A little something i have installed recently, i cant think where it was i first saw these, but i saw a set in halfrauds last time i was in there, and thought it'd be a nice little touch, especially as i often drive (and park) the car at night. I invested in a couple of 30cm white (to match the interior lights) SMD strips, and applied them to the underside of the front doors, creating "puddle lights", to illuminate the area that you'll put your feet as you get out.

Excuse the poor quality photos, they were taken at night for the best effect:

[Image: 2012-10-24190735.jpg]

[Image: 2012-10-24190757.jpg]

These will be joined by a 5cm red "marker light" strip each side as soon as i can sort the strips out.

Also coming soon, will be a set of wind deflectors from aaron_one, as well as a decat pipe and de-boxed centre section for the exhaust. Hopefully, the missus will also be buying the Arianes that pompey306mark has for sale as well, for my birthday/christmas. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Nice idea pal. Would of been better if you tried to cut into the door card and fit some say side repeaters with the bulbs in
Much more OEM

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Very cool idea! My grandad has the puddle lights on his bmw and they are a brilliant idea Smile Also i have 5 doors and a powered by coal sticker! Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 10:15 AM)Arron Wrote: Nice idea pal. Would of been better if you tried to cut into the door card and fit some say side repeaters with the bulbs in
Much more OEM

Would a side repeater chuck out as much light as the SMD strip though? Tongue

(26-10-2012, 10:31 AM)Tom Wrote: Very cool idea! My grandad has the puddle lights on his bmw and they are a brilliant idea Smile Also i have 5 doors and a powered by coal sticker! Wink

I think it may have been a bmw i saw them on before spotting them in halfords. The halfords ones look fecking awful though, big round domes covered in chrome. Puke
Thanks given by:
You can get the led strips on ebay quite cheap Wink Im tempted to try this myself, its always muddy where i park so it could be of some use to me!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 12:35 PM)Tom Wrote: You can get the led strips on ebay quite cheap Wink Im tempted to try this myself, its always muddy where i park so it could be of some use to me!

Exactly this, the ones i used cost a grand total of £2. Job done.
Thanks given by:
I've just realised where you're going with this wingnutz, you need a ph3 diablo cabby bumper Smile

[Image: %24(KGrHqF,!rkE+rd707nuBQJ5giS9q!~~_12.JPG]
Thanks given by:
Yep, you got it! But any ph3 Diablo bumper will do really, as I want the black strip painted gloss black, instead of bare plastic. Same goes for the rear bumper, will be wanting a cut out at some point, but with a painted gloss black strip across it.

Got a Bosch pump to fit first though! Wink
Thanks given by:
Really must get in the habit of updating this more often.

Since my last update, ive fitted a sunstrip to try and combat the winter sun....not immensly deep, and i havent got a pic of it yet, might take one tomorrow.

Went to the Ace meet last night, and picked up my new wheels:

[Image: Wheels.jpg]

Gonna get the curbed wheel re-powdercoated, and im just gonna spray the spare white, as ive got some white paint left over from when i did my fans. Then ive just got to wrap them in some rubber ready for summer. The lasers on the car were always destined to be my winter wheels.

Im hoping to get myself a decat and straight centre section for the exhaust soon, at which point ill be doing a mid to backbox conversion, and finishing it off with a bolt on tip.

Then need some lows. Preferably before the araines go on in the summer.

Also need some Bosch fuel lines and injectors, so i can get my Bosch pump fitted, and should be having the cambelt/tensioners/water pump done at the same time.

Thats kind of it for now, as ive said before, this is gonna be a slow moving project, as funds are tight at the moment. Only got a few more months left before my loan is paid off though, so then ill have an extra £250 a month that i can plow into the car. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Lol putty I deleted the pic off my photo bucket this afternoon. Sorry.

But enjoy the alloys.
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 09:53 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Lol putty I deleted the pic off my photo bucket this afternoon. Sorry.

But enjoy the alloys.

Doh! Lol, no worries, I'll just have to get a new pic later. lol

EDIT: Must have still been in the cache on my PC, so just copied and pasted it into photoshop, uploaded it and done! Wink
Thanks given by:
saw this at ace and you of course! If your going phase 3 can i have dibs on your bumper?lol whistle
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Consider it done mate. Big Grin

Although thats probably a way off yet, so you may need to remind me when i do, unless you've sorted one out yourself by then! lol
Thanks given by:
lol i need a phase 2 foglight glass you see lol. but can wait for sure
Thanks given by:
Can anyone advise me what size spacers i'd want to run my new Arianes? I was looking at 10mm front and 20mm rear? Hubcentric of course. Wink
Thanks given by:
whats the offset? et number on back of wheel? 306 stock is et15-18
Thanks given by:
Pass, I'll have to check when I'm back out at my mother-in-laws where they're being stored. Unless anyone else can shed some light?
Thanks given by:
From what I remember is nothing on the front and 15mm on the rear.

I run 20-20.

20 up front to clear the brakes.
20 on the rear to fill the arch better.
Thanks given by:
Cool, might get away with just 20 on the rear for now then, still running standard brakes at the moment. Wink
Thanks given by:
Hmm, pretty sure now that I'm still leaking fuel from somewhere, 28mpg from the last 20quid I put in. Undecided

Pump is still dry after the rubber band fix, leakoff pipes seem fine, there seems to be absolutely no trace of a leak anywhere under the bonnet.
Haven't had the time/tools/weather/motivation to get under the car properly to check the lines and tank, but have had the car running and revving hard over a 306 sized piece of cardboard to try and find if it's dripping at all, which it's not.

Any other suggestions guys/gals?
Thanks given by:
Are you a hooligan? lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Lol, a bit, but no more than anyone else on here!
Thanks given by:
evaporating fuel me thinks i just got about 60mpg yesterday so yours should be more like 45-50mpg
Thanks given by:
I get about 36 average i think and i drive like im in a hurry soo you must have something wrong Big Grin How do you check your mpg? The fuel gauges are so wank on these you cant really do it properly without brimming the tank each time.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 10:37 AM)Kwik Wrote: http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

You need to know exactly how much fuel you've used to do that.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Basically I was playing fuel light roulette when I put 20 quid in, which made 14.2 litres, and I'm now playing the same game, so just took how many miles I've done since putting the 20 quid in and worked it out from there. Might not be 100% accurate, but it'll be close enough! lol

(29-11-2012, 10:33 AM)Kwik Wrote: evaporating fuel me thinks i just got about 60mpg yesterday so yours should be more like 45-50mpg

I'd be Happy with that, best I've had recently is 35mpg!
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 10:42 AM)Tom Wrote:
(29-11-2012, 10:37 AM)Kwik Wrote: http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

You need to know exactly how much fuel you've used to do that.
so if you want to do a reading you reset odometer to 0 when you stuck fuel in and when it goes back to same place you know how much you stuck in and the odometer tells you the mileage......
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WiNgNuTz's Smoothed HDi Estate WiNgNuTz 150 56,626 25-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard