RetroPug's Ph.1 Diablo Gti-6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RetroPug's Ph.1 Diablo Gti-6
Not much has really happened with this other than random little things like bulbs etc.
However, I have been running a stainless straight through centre-section with a scorpion backbox for a while and it sounds bloody great.

Once I've got an external mic I'll be making some gopro vids I think. Big Grin
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Hit 60k yesterday. Sad

Not to worry, I should be getting a daily sorted soon so that this can be more pampered.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Still not a great deal happening, been driving it to work and back every day and racking up the miles, 60500ish now. Sad Off to look at a new daily this weekend so hopefully this will become a driveway queen and only be used for weekend blasts.

Also bought parts for servicing it and recieved some shinies today, TD pro race 3s 15" in white. Crap garage pic:

[Image: 24zatte.jpg]

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Ooh gorgeous wheels
Thanks given by:
White wheels make cars go faster Wink
Thanks given by:
Liking those wheels
Thanks given by:
Mmm, I do like white PR3s!
Thanks given by:
Wheels look great,only problem with white wheels is it shows the arch gap more.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Those wheels are horrific! you cannot be actually considering bolting them onto your lovely car?

You should sell those revolting wheels immediately without delay!

In fact pm me a price so i can help with the sale Wink Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yes! I've wanted a set of 15" pro race 3s in white for aaaaaages but they so rarely come up for sale, got these for a good price and they are 15" 7J and 4x 108PCD so perfect. Saw them for sale for a little while and kept telling myself I shouldn't then I MTFU and bought them. lmao
Just need to get round to going and measuring the offset. Couldn't find it stamped anywhere on them.

Matt-rallye that'll be 1 million pounds posted. Big Grin
On a serious note the tyres will probably be for sale, think one is punctured, all worn a lot on the very inside edge but the rest of the tyre has loads of tread. Maybe someone will want the other three to use for a cheap trackday or something.

Also I have a bare metal OMP strut brace that I haven't gotten around to doing with other than unwrapping.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsOVloLBnfE

Little blast to test the go pro. Quality sucks, need to mess with the editor to stop it compressing it so badly. Drove pretty slowly as the mount was new and I didn't want to lose a brand new go pro!

On the plus side it sounds great. Big Grin

Car got an oil change, filter and new spark plugs today, plus swapped for spare coilpacks to hopefully solve hesitance from cold.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
My sister got me a go pro3 for my 40th. I thought it was some sort of joke or dig Smile and it has only been used once.

But having seen this I should get a car mount. Smile
Thanks given by:
This is the first time I've used mine. I'll also be taking it skiing in about a week which should generate some amusing footage of people falling over!

I bought some sort of extremely cheap knock-off handlebar mount that I put on the tow hook.
It doesn't quite clamp securely though so might have to make a collar or bodge something else together.

I don't trust the suction mounts. lmao

Be advised that you'll probably get windy sound outside the car with just the camera and no microphone out of the airflow.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
If you get a genuine go pro mount, the suction cup could pull a dent out of a body panel. They are seriously good and i have no worries with sticking mine to the car anywhere!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Fair enough.
Tow hook mounting seemed to be pretty cool. Really need to sort out the editing side to maintain footage quality and size though.

I bought the car with almost no history. In just over a year of ownership I have built up a bit of my own:

[Image: 20uan9f.jpg]

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
If it a 3 then they should be a external mic output which can then run a mic to anywhere on your car jammapic did a video with different mounting postions with it a certainly made a difference.
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2015, 12:06 PM)7057sam Wrote: If it a 3 then they should be a external mic output which can then run a mic to anywhere  on your car jammapic  did a video with different mounting postions with it a certainly made a difference.

That's what I did. The microphone was on the airbox.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Test fitted wheels today. Noticed a lot of play in the front left brake disc and alarmingly both the retaining screws were barely on, and as soon as I touched one the head just dropped off.

I'll be getting new screws for both sides just to be sure, although the right hand side doesn't have any play in it.

Anyway, the wheels look good, fit perfectly and sit very nicely spaced out by 20mm. I just need to get my tyres swapped over onto them and get four locking nuts and then they can stay fitted.

[Image: 1ie7tk.jpg]

[Image: 4rt9no.jpg]

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Looks sweet,how does it side after fitting the wheels

I know after fitting my 1.2's I had to lower it abit more.
Thanks given by:
If you mean sit I didn't put it back on the ground, put the cyclones back on.
Three tyres are either low or not legal and one is flat. The ones that aren't legal are worn just along the inside edge the rest have good tread so maybe someone will want them for track tyres.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Hurry up and get some tyres on them. Tongue

Also the disc screws aren't important, they're only really there to stop the disc spinning when putting the wheel back on. The disc is clamped between the wheel and hub by the wheel bolts. Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 03:58 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hurry up and get some tyres on them. Tongue

Also the disc screws aren't important, they're only really there to stop the disc spinning when putting the wheel back on.  The disc is clamped between the wheel and hub by the wheel bolts. Smile

As I thought but even with the wheel on there's unacceptable play in the disc.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
How can there be unless the wheel is lose as well?
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 05:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote: How can there be unless the wheel is lose as well?

this!
the wheel clamps the disc to the hub with the wheel bolts
all the little torx bolts do is stops the disc turning when you try to line the wheel up with the bolt holes

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I'll go and double check how tight they are then.

Edit: All good. I was sure I'd checked after tightening the wheel nuts and found play but I must have done it before fully tightening them.

Thanks. Smile

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
At 62 thousand miles (so I'Ve done 9k in it) this has finally been retired from the drudgery of plodding through average speed checks to work on salty roads and is now a weekend toy!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Not much has been happening, mostly due to work and crap weather, but I've serviced it using genuine oil, filter, NGK plugs and swapped coil packs for a known good set which go rid of cold hesitation and made it run generally better everywhere.

Needs a blow sorting from the cat outlet pipe which is making it sound very loud and farty.

Other than that I've been gradually accumulating shinies:

[Image: zocqps.jpg]

I need to get tyres swapped onto the new wheels but I can't find anywhere near me that charges less than 50 quid sadly.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Nice what springs are you going to run with them? ?
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking eibachs with the rear beam lowered to suit but not sure at the moment. Need to source a set of rear dampers, and would like to stick a rebuilt beam on rather than just lower a worn one and have good dampers and springs but bad wheel geometry anyway due to a bad beam. Have an OMP upper brace to fit along with this but can't decide on colour.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
lovely things have happened since I last checked up on this thread Smile love the pr3's they suit a ph1 perfectly
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: