The Turbo 8V Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Turbo 8V Project
(10-02-2014, 05:33 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 10:15 AM)JethroJay Wrote: Thinking of Custom plates for the car! Which one's do you guys think?

[Image: PlateImageServiceaxd_zps9277ce46.png]

The Hello Kitty one?

[Image: PlateImageService2axd_zps38fee272.png]

Or this Me To You one?

They are both illegal and very noticably so.

I know cause the backing, gonna take backing off and get them done for road use then have them for shows :-)
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2014, 08:26 PM)JethroJay Wrote: I know cause the backing, gonna take backing off and get them done for road use then have them for shows :-)

They'd still be illegal then, just far less obviously so.
They need the relevant british standard mark and the name and postcode of the supplier at the bottom instead of "Tatty Teddy Powered".
The border with the hello kitties at both sides is also illegal on the top one.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2014, 10:37 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 08:26 PM)JethroJay Wrote: I know cause the backing, gonna take backing off and get them done for road use then have them for shows :-)

They'd still be illegal then, just far less obviously so.
They need the relevant british standard mark and the name and postcode of the supplier at the bottom instead of "Tatty Teddy Powered".
The border with the hello kitties at both sides is also illegal on the top one.

What the actual f**k? Is DVLA tryna screw us over or something? Or just do they hate us that much, they need to sort the f**king roads out before making things "illegal" muppets, you a tank just to drive on the roads now there that bad, they need to start repairing them for real, I'll put 'em on the car and if cops stop me I'll say "sort the roads out, when you do, I'll take these off"
Thanks given by:
Yeah good luck with that, I'm sure they'll listen to you and send you on your way with a handshake..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2014, 12:06 AM)JethroJay Wrote: What the actual f**k? Is DVLA tryna screw us over or something? Or just do they hate us that much, they need to sort the f**king roads out before making things "illegal" muppets, you a tank just to drive on the roads now there that bad, they need to start repairing them for real, I'll put 'em on the car and if cops stop me I'll say "sort the roads out, when you do, I'll take these off"

The DVLA aren't responsible for the condition of the roads, your local councils are.
The reason number plate legislation exists is to stop people buying ones that can't be read easily by human eyes and cause problems with ANPR cameras etc. Number plates are functional and there for a reason afterall so what's the point in having defective ones that don't do what they are supposed to?

If you buy a legal number plate from a legitimate supplier it will come with all of these marks. They have them so the DVLA and the police can trace who is making dodgy plates and force them to comply with the law.

If you want to fit them without the supplier at the bottom etc. then it is unlikely that they'll be noticed. However, they will still be illegal, I'm just advising you of that. No need to lose your rag over a piece of plastic with some letters on it.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
You can still have that message at the bottom, it's just that somewhere it must display a postcode and "manufacturer" of the plate.

Your font is okay Big Grin

No images allowed though :/

Yeah it's a bugger.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2014, 09:43 PM)Martin306 Wrote: You can still have that message at the bottom, it's just that somewhere it must display a postcode and "manufacturer" of the plate.

Your font is okay Big Grin

No images allowed though :/

Yeah it's a bugger.

Sucks man, Meh, I'll just leave these on for road use and get them for show use Smile
Thanks given by:
So I tried to fit the Powerflow center and it didn't fit, it would of if I could of bent out the edge's of it to put the clamp over to clamp it to the center pipe, but I wasn't strong enough to so I gave up unless someone in Darlaston or near by can bend it out for me?
Thanks given by:
Also forgot to say that it pops and bangs ever so slight when giving it a boot full in 2nd and then you let off to slow down without using the brakes once it drops to about 3kRPM you can hear it then, only a small tiny pop and bang a few times nothing you can hear unless you listen out for it, it's funny cause the 1.1 used to do it as well, lol!

Maybe a problem with the car or just how they are?
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2014, 12:27 PM)JethroJay Wrote: Also forgot to say that it pops and bangs ever so slight when giving it a boot full in 2nd and then you let off to slow down without using the brakes once it drops to about 3kRPM you can hear it then, only a small tiny pop and bang a few times nothing you can hear unless you listen out for it, it's funny cause the 1.1 used to do it as well, lol!

Normal, lots of cars do that.

My 106 GTi does it at 1800rpm. I had an impreza that used to do it at 2400.

It'll be the point where the ICV becomes active and the ECU adds a tiny bit of fuel? at a guess.
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2014, 06:25 PM)Martin306 Wrote:
(19-02-2014, 12:27 PM)JethroJay Wrote: Also forgot to say that it pops and bangs ever so slight when giving it a boot full in 2nd and then you let off to slow down without using the brakes once it drops to about 3kRPM you can hear it then, only a small tiny pop and bang a few times nothing you can hear unless you listen out for it, it's funny cause the 1.1 used to do it as well, lol!

Normal, lots of cars do that.

My 106 GTi does it at 1800rpm. I had an impreza that used to do it at 2400.

It'll be the point where the ICV becomes active and the ECU adds a tiny bit of fuel? at a guess.

Ahh okay, thanks for that info mate, would it be better to De-cat it and straight through pipe for it to be louder?
Thanks given by:
No, because it will sound horrendous at all other rpm's. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Potentially a little hole in the exhaust near the cat somewhere...?

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2014, 06:35 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Potentially a little hole in the exhaust near the cat somewhere...?

Nah mate, brand new exhaust on it, downpipes, cat, center and back box was all replaced :-)
Thanks given by:
Oh, fair enough, well...enjoy your pops and bangs then haha!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2014, 11:12 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Oh, fair enough, well...enjoy your pops and bangs then haha!

I will I want them louder, lool
Thanks given by:
So I've gone and got a Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Clay Bar & Lube Kit for £12.99, I'll let you guys know how it is, hope it's better than that crappy Auto Glym one I used, but yeah!

I'll be getting before and after photo's of it, see if it makes a difference, I know how you guys like to see a shiny 306 in Morning Piss/Blaze

Here's the link if you guys wanna try it for yourself: Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Clay Bar & Lube Kit
Thanks given by:
So before the 9th of next month I plan on giving this car a full wash and detail for the Cov car meet that's going on, also changing the gear knob on it (due to the leather on this one FALLING off) Tinie (Nik, my fiance) is also gonna get a few other things for the car (no idea what though) so when the car arrives at the meet (if it ain't tipping it down) it should look clean (some what) also the pressed plates WON'T be on it as we don't have them yet, gonna hope to get some inside neon's for the foot wells (Front and Back) so yeah other than that nothing else to update it with :-)
Thanks given by:
Do update if the clay bar is good as I've been considering investing in one myself!
Good to know that the autoglym one was crap as I've got some other autoglym ones which are great.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2014, 10:09 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Do update if the clay bar is good as I've been considering investing in one myself!
Good to know that the autoglym one was crap as I've got some other autoglym ones which are great.

I'll let you know about it mate, I'll do the bonnet first (have done have not) and let you guys judge for yourself but I've seen the reviews and it's good, also know someone who's used it who said it's good, the amount of lube you get with the clay bar does 4 bottles (that's what my mate said he got out of it) so all in all it seems good value for money, the Autoglym one was HORRID to use, left clay on the car which was MEGA hard to get off, once I got it off the car looked okay ish at best so I invested in this one to do the 306 with, I hope this one's good for me, I used the Autoglym one on the Astra and it was the same on that, I would say to get one if you like hard work and streaks all over your paint work, it didn't get nothing off the car it just dragged no matter how much Auto detailer I used, I'll be washing, clay barring, washing it off again with clean water to get any residue left from the clay bar, then drying it and clay baring it again (too make sure everything it can get off is off) then just throwing clean water over it and wait till it dries normally and then I'll be waxing it twice just to make sure it's as good as I can get it, trim wax I'll only do once as there's only a few things to do, tire shine I'll do once as no point in going all out on that! I'll let you guys know how it is :-)
Thanks given by:
If you need any Blaze parts let me know as i'll be breaking my 5 door blaze up soon.
Thanks given by:
The door rubs gold mate? What mods you done to it that'll fit a Phase 2 1.4?
Thanks given by:
Anyone ever heard of anyone that's excited to be HAULING ASS on a car cleaning wise? Nope, well you have now, like I swear down, I'm more excited about cleaning the car than going to the car meet, I always find reasons to clean the car, well so Tinie thinks anyway, when she had the Focus it was never dirty, used to clean it every day when I had the chance to, now she's got this and I'm back in Wolvo I guess I can't clean this as much but still, everytime she's been down in it I've cleaned it, haha, never done a full detail on it though, I'm gonna be printing off pics of the car for a little scrap book I've got for it, I just hope she keeps this 306 as long as she did the 106 (had it 9 years) I just hope she keeps this car even longer than that, best car she's had, best car I've drove, best handling car I've drove, just this car is awesome, I've drove some "okay" cars but they was nothing to this, more powerful yeah well that's not hard but none can handle as good as this one does!

Well lets say this, I'M EXCITED TO BE CLEANING/DETAILING THE CAR!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, LETS GOO!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Have fun! D: DO mine when youre done?
Thanks given by:
You are far far too excited for this time on a Monday morning -_-

Get some pictures up when your done love a nice clean blaze Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
You should leave it dirty then you can pretend you have a black car instead of... blaaaze D:
Thanks given by:
Get picrures up Smile

What cleaning produces do you use? I allways go for the 2 bucket method
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Yeah excited peeps and for sure I'll be getting pics up and 2 bucket with grit protector thingy, I wash, dry (microfiber), clay bar, polish (save pulling it back off with clay bar) then I color restore, color seal, then wax, trim wax, and tire coat with that back to black stuff (no point in using dear stuff on tires as it's just gonna come back off again)

Also I just got another thing for the car, SWAGGIN' THE ME TO YOU STUFF NOW BABY YEAH!!!!!

[Image: _12_zpsb3b516e7.jpg]

So yeah Tinie's got another little toy to play with, HAHAH!
Thanks given by:
[Image: 3E906EF1-32B2-4369-9F26-B991E087F35D_zps6722800d.jpg]

My wash and wax/polish bucket (I use 2 bucket method, just keeping them apart from each other) some stuff is missing from it like my wax and clay bar + lube (waiting for the post man to bring me my clay bar and lube Tongue)
Thanks given by:
Wish I had that dedication, by the time I've finished with soap and sponge I'm bored so just dry it off and walk off
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,353 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 188,433 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,769 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01