Strange boost leak? funny noise!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange boost leak? funny noise!
You had a thermometer on it whilst you were driving? It will be almost pointless sat still.. but moving would have a fair bit of difference i can imagine :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
No idea then, seems weird for a hole to just appear
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
^^ unless of course it was rubbing against something?
Mine always used to rub against the master cylinder and create a hole there :-(
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I see what u mean Tom, yea the car was stationary.

The hole is drilled in but not for anything. The silicone covers it anyway now and my t piece and bits have arrived so I'm guna sort it out today.
Thanks given by:
Ideal let us know if you get it sorted :p Im waiting on some pipe and T piece aswell to redo mine Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I sorted the leak noise out today and it's pulling better now but only to 11 psi, so there must be boost escaping from somewhere. It was the hole that was causing it.
Thanks given by:
Wound my LDA out as far as it will go but haven't noticed any difference?? My cars in the garage now for a week cuz i'm skint so won't be tuning it for a little while now. Guna sort any boost leaks out though and re-route the piping to avoid the rad heat.
Thanks given by:
Pretty much gave up for a few months- no money and too many problems to fix. Got all the fmic how I want it now, found my boost gauge was the boost leak and the locknut on the turbo actuator wasn't tightened up properly. Gave it another turn and tightened it up and it's hitting standard now...although it still hits 19psi when you first put your foot down for a split second then drops back down. It must be the gauge as everything else is tight.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  D turbo strange noise Frosty 41 13,753 20-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Last Post: mangler
  boost leak ? Motatalk 3 1,152 19-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Boost leak... philpemberton94 6 2,032 13-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Last Post: toseland