306 D turbo Clutch options

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 D turbo Clutch options
alright guys!!
i brought a d turbo 2 weeks ago its a ph2 one ! the clutch is nearly on its way out , just wondering what clutch options i can go down,
me and a friend are going to tune the car and make it into a sleeper hopefully its going to run around 180bhp by the time we are done

soo yeah what clutches would you recommend??
Thanks given by:
Cg motorsport 4 paddle unsprung clutch plate and a valeo. Pressure plate is what a few of my mates are using
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ahh cool ! do you know how much they are?
Thanks given by:
Just a friction plate alone is like 150ish I think :/
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My one cost £220 I think. To be fair though you can get away with a decent stock clutch like a Valeo.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
hmmm that's not bad to be honest , hopefully me and my friend can make a really nice sleeper out of mine!

wouldn't the valeo one slip ive heard good and bad things about them running a bit more bhp??
Thanks given by:
Im a running a standard genuine valeo dt clutch.
2.1, 12v with a gt2056s....masses of torque and its done 3000miles of fine driving so far
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Standard valeo for the price..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Stock clutch for now.

Spend your time and money reaching your figure first Smile
Thanks given by:
can upgrade just friction plate with CG for around £100. keeping the gen valeo pressure plate
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2013, 10:20 PM)Piggy Wrote: can upgrade just friction plate with CG for around £100. keeping the gen valeo pressure plate

Can you buy stock pressure plates on their own though?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
As jimbo said CG paddle unsprung friction plate and vaelo pressure plate. That's what im running. I got lucky and got an old stock motaquip clutch (which is valeo) off ebay for £30 and used the pressure plate from that and I got the friction plate from CG which the guy did me a deal on 2 for £250 the pair, I think there usually £150 ish each for the friction plate he said.
Thanks given by:
They are pretty good at CG for discounting I would do a group buy but I've still got my old one sat in the garage waiting to go on the sedan.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I was pretty impressed with them. Only took a couple of days to come which wasn't to bad as im pretty sure they make to order
Thanks given by:
stock valeo clutch will hold up to 300lbft

Ruan - DT with GT2052V, TMIC, 11mm, Water Injection - 175.3hp 313lb.ft torque

Depends on what turbo you are running/going to run.
Thanks given by:
soo basically what your saying guys go with the stock valeo for the time being and when we have more bhp and if i have any problems from there consider a CG motorsports one ??
Thanks given by:
Yeah that sounds a good plan. I only changed mine cuz it was slipping even though I don't have a massive amount of torque. When I took the standard clutch off there didn't seem to be any thing wrong with it but it was defo slipping and since I have fitted the paddle clutch I haven't had any clutch slip problems
Thanks given by:
Personally I'd go genuine VALEO as you've mentioned and then move onto something beefier if that eventually wears out.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
What do you guys rate LUK clutches like?
Thanks given by:
From what I remember LUK is rated more then Valeo for HDi's not sure about XUD's.

Probably CG>LUK>VALEO.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Im using a borg and beck with a td04, only really use the car at the weekends so its done about 8-10k of abuse and not slipped once
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2013, 03:37 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Im using a borg and beck with a td04, only really use the car at the weekends so its done about 8-10k of abuse and not slipped once

Same here, using a Borg and Beck this last 40k miles, last 8k of which are on a K14-2. No problems atall!
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hmm might go for valeo clutch then and see what happens from there !
Thanks given by:
Sweet LUK are over a tenner cheaper 56 quid for a 3 piece clutch
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2013, 08:17 PM)sherman306 Wrote: Sweet LUK are over a tenner cheaper 56 quid for a 3 piece clutch

To be honest I would stick a valeo in for the little extra as that's what everyone recommends for XUDs and its tried and tested. I haven't really heard anything on LUK clutches in XUDs
Thanks given by:
I thought LUK are on par with Valeo? is it not normal to get a valeo in a LUK box?
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2013, 09:51 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: I thought LUK are on par with Valeo? is it not normal to get a valeo in a LUK box?

They could very well be but I don't hear people going on about LUK like they do with valeo
Thanks given by:
LUK are ment to be complete oe spec and there warranty system is pretty decent
Thanks given by:
As long it's LUK/Valeo/CG I wouldn't worry.

It's the cheapo unknown eBay special brands you need to worry about.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2013, 09:44 AM)silverzx Wrote: As long it's LUK/Valeo/CG I wouldn't worry.

It's the cheapo unknown eBay special brands you need to worry about.

^^ What he said
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD build turbo options Adam CD P1 16 10,240 26-12-2019, 07:03 AM
Last Post: monika16
  Tell me how to spend some money pls.. turbo options? 089 8 4,250 22-10-2018, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Dave
  clutch options? ash23 5 1,475 19-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Last Post: ash23