Tell me how to spend some money pls.. turbo options?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell me how to spend some money pls.. turbo options?
Hi, I wanna go faster Smile

Current car specs are : 2dr 205 fitted with a NA DW8 block with XUD9 intake & exhaust manifolds with KKK turbo and unmodded Bosch fuel pump. No intercooler whatsoever, just turbo outlet literally connected to intake plus a boost readout for pump. Spool is quick to say the least..

Car already goes down the road like a scared monkey on meth but turbo is puking oil out the intake so most probably seals are gone.. Makes sense to me to upgrade to something better. A nice twin-pass intercooler will be added to the car when the new turbo is here, plus it will be gearbox mounted most probably.

The goal is a quick spooling, reliable-ish 150-160hp with room for it to go to 180-190 when i upgrade to a 10mm or 11mm pump plus ARP headstuds. Would love it to go over 200 but custom conrods are a bit out of budget for now..
Candidates are:

The Merc GT20
The Volvo GT2052v
The Audi GT2052v (what are the differences except the obvious visual ones?)
The BMW GT2256v

Any others I should consider? Opinions? Thanks for the input!!
Thanks given by:
A decent block be a much better start...

Then when you do, get some ARPs and a decent HG ready for that nice modern blower.

GT2056s or v or GTB2056
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yup, would not be surprised if the NA bottom end shits itself soon enough, the TD is stronger and has better cooling, also lower compression and bigger injectors as standard.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
What are the differences between the blocks? Crank, conrods and pistons? Injectors may have been changed prior to buying, is there a way to make sure? What do you mean by better cooling?

Also, Piggy, GTB2056? Never heard of it.. know someone who fitted it? are you speaking from experience?

Thanks for the replies and suggestions Smile
Thanks given by:
Google it. It's been superceded a few times already. But it's a cheapish turbo now and very capable. Yes, use them on my motors.

Block/rods/crank are all different. Amazed it hasn't blown already on the dw8 block tbh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Do dt rods and crank fit a dw8?

On another note.. does a dw8 head fit the xud block? I'm asking because i am a surprised as you are about it holding boost and not turning everything into mush.. could it be that they only changed the head? And all the rest is normal XUD stuff? Is there any way i can distinguish between the blocks?

Thanks and sorry for all the noob q's.. Smile
Thanks given by:
just get the whole engine.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I know this is an old thread but yes to answer the question, a dw8 head fits a xud block as is the case with my dturbo, some say it gives better performance but I  don't believe this due to different cams etc..
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2018, 02:31 PM)zack Wrote: I know this is an old thread but yes to answer the question, a dw8 head fits a xud block as is the case with my dturbo, some say it gives better performance but I  don't believe this due to different cams etc..

To be honest, those blowers on low boost/low egt/low emp will yield heaps more power and be cooler than a t2/k14 screaming itself with hot air.

If it was running 12psi of boost it would see 5k no issues on a NA block. Not making power with torque doing it with revs and amodded 9mm pump would be ideal. Never gonna make 200ftlb but on a nad block you dont need to, hit it with revs and this block would be ok and be much more fun/reliable than 20psi with stock blower taken to 4k.

Best bet is to just get whole new engine as said though
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD build turbo options Adam CD P1 16 10,156 26-12-2019, 07:03 AM
Last Post: monika16
  VNT Turbo Options tenwierdufos 12 7,507 12-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Last Post: tenwierdufos
  Exhaust options for fresh turbo 306Puggy 9 3,566 09-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Last Post: jay5488