Manual boost controller

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual boost controller
Well guys, its fmic time soon and ive tapped my inlet with a nice nipple for the boost gauge, so the gauge will be run from there.

Any tips on fitting the boost controller to the hdi? I took to it today to get an idea of the fmic install and mbc install, and I can only access one side of the waste gate pipe. The side that goes to the actuator is nowhere to be seen, so what way did you guys fiy yours, any tips on how to access the other side, or should I just get a joiner and use the existing pipe? Ideally I want to replace it all if possible.

Does the engine need to come off certain mounts to get access?
Thanks given by:
Depending on what turbo you've got it may well just be easier to adjust the wastegate.. takes less than a minute to do with a long 10mm spanner and a KO3
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ita a hdi, ideally want a boost controller so I can adjust it with my stage 2 map. I cant even access the wastegate arm either it seems like the engine would need dropped down and tilted forward to make any progress :/
Thanks given by:
You can just adjust the arm to suit, if you think that then you're not looking at it from the right angle, it's awkward but once you know the route it takes no time really
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This definately on a hdi? All I can get is the actuator pipe coming from the compressor housing,

If I shine a torche I can see the round part of the actuator and I can see whrre the rod goes into the wastegate, cant see the threaded bar and cant see the other end of the hose going to the actuator?
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2013, 07:35 PM)mcglynn Wrote: This definately on a hdi? All I can get is the actuator pipe coming from the compressor housing,

If I shine a torche I can see the round part of the actuator and I can see whrre the rod goes into the wastegate, cant see the threaded bar and cant see the other end of the hose going to the actuator?

Had been looking for an actuator like the one on previous diesels i have worked with, but this one goes into the actuator at an angle instead of straight on, may well be able to do this now that i know the route.

[Image: IMG_0011actuator.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boost controller GFB G-FORCE II loli_04 6 2,434 18-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Last Post: loli_04
  electronic boost controller ??? Donkeybubles 5 1,594 16-07-2015, 03:41 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  manual boost controller and egr blank plate fitting, please help dirtyboost89 6 1,936 02-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Last Post: dirtyboost89