2.2 Dimma Hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.2 Dimma Hdi
It's been off the road for a while as ran out of tax, back on the road now, so making the most of my day off tomorrow and having a play with it
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a plan

You planning on doing any shows this year ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I'm going fcs and pugfest Smile
Thanks given by:
Little bit of an update,

A mate and I had a look to see if we could work out the boost issue, we put a scope on the solenoid and drove it down the road, the ecu is not telling the solenoid to do anything hence the no boost, as we couldn't work out why this was he is going to build me an electronic boost controller.

Also encounter a small issue, whilst out driving it the oil gauge pipe moved and rested on the exhaust manifold, causing it melt and catch fire and pour oil everywhere, luckily it was only a small flame so no damage was done, just half the engine bay is covered in oil
Thanks given by:
Glad to see your be at pugfest and fcs

lucky one with the fire,hope get it sorted.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
What replacement ecu did you put on?!? Sounds like it doesn't have boost control in the software...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
The same as what was on there and changed the map over
Thanks given by:
Iirc the boost control on the stock ecu has to be enabled separately doesn't it..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What so just changing the map won't activate it?
Thanks given by:
Got some progress with the boost tonight, all the pipes now have mikalor clamps so no more popping pipes hopefully.

I have about 15 psi of boost at the moment, but need to get another map sensor as it keeps going out of range at about 20psi meaning it reads 0v therefore end up with off the gauge boost again.

So ordered a new map sensor, then we just have to wire it in to the controller and finishing programming it Smile
Thanks given by:
Pretty much got the boost sorted now just need to finish fine tunning the map

Although for some reason it doesn't fuel enough, as it doesn't pull anyway near as hard as it should
Thanks given by:
Good start though fella....keep at it, should be worth it!! Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Got a new maf today, and that has finally cured the problem Smile

Goes like stink now, just need to fine tune the boost map now as all that extra fuel has made a lot of difference.

So happy it's nearly there now Smile

It is very smokey but shall see what's its like when the boost map is sorted, if it's still very smokey may look at getting a slightly bigger turbo Wink

Hopefully get on the dyno in a couple of weeks to Smile
Thanks given by:
Glad you stuck with it and sorted the problems, instead of jacking it all in and dumping a shitey petrol in it Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes it was very tempting at times, but glad I got it sorted as it keeps the car different Smile
Thanks given by:
Can't imagine you need a bigger turbo....

That think should clear a lot of fuel!! Think I am most excited to hear this project is still going over all the projects on here.

Brilliant. Just brilliant!....

When might we all see it in the flesh?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well with 25 psi, but coming in a bit late until we finish mapping the boost you can barely see the road behind for smoke!

And tomorrow at fcs?
Thanks given by:
Oh awesome ...you be on the 306oc stand?

That smoke is surely from the boost coming in too late? The GT2256v on that 2.2 should be hitting full boost by like 2000rpm

However Im sure a GTB2260vlkr wouldnt hurt Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah we shall see when it's sorted, it was spiking off the gauge at first so it's turned down until we finish mapping the boost at the moment.

And I'm on the .net stand
Thanks given by:
Great news, can't wait to see this thing in action.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The map sensor that was originally on the car was only a 2.5 bar sensor, so only good for 1.5 bar boost, managed to get a 3 bar map sensor today so can now run 2 bar of boost Smile

Just need to fine tune the boost map now and all is sorted Smile

Just in time to go on the dyno on Friday Smile

Now that's is finally running correctly I can start tidying up the engine bay and look at getting rid of the really annoying exhaust rattle which has developed since taking the engine out and putting it back in!

Also need to remove the mid box and get a smaller back box, possibly thinking of a twin tip as it will fill the cut out in the bumper nicely
Thanks given by:
Awesome car mate, love it.
Thanks given by:
saw this at FCS, really tidy and loved the colour!
Thanks given by:
Ended up not going on the rollers today Sad

As once again had boost issues, I think the new sensor I got the other day died.

Haven't been able to get another one as the sensor they gave me was different to the part number on the box so not sure what it's from.

So picked up a vw 3 bar sensor and plugged and wired that in this afternoon

Just to to map it again at somepoint and see how we get on

Using the vw sensor and plug also gives me the option of been able to get a 4 bar sensor which will plug straight in if we find i need a bigger sensor
Thanks given by:
See this a FCS and had a chat with you a very nice car mate.
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
Boost is pretty much sorted now, I have a 4 bar map sensor and we have been out mapping this morning, now holds more or less 30psi

Because it of how quick it builds boost we couldn't stop it spiking in 1st and 2nd without being laggy in the other gears, so just have to be carefull with first and second.

Done a quick test in 4th, floored it at 1800rpm and had 30 psi by about 2800rpm.

It's still a bit smokey but what tuned diesel isn't Smile

Just have an issue with one pipe that keeps popping, it was fine for a few hours, but now it's popped once it keeps popping, the silicone joiner seems softer to the others so gonna order up a new silicone and see if that cures it, if not I shall speak to a mate about welding a bigger bead onto the pipe.
Thanks given by:
30psi by 2800rpm?!!

Sounds laggy to me!! Undecided
My GT2056 non vnt boosts to 25psi by 2100rpm if I mash it at 1800rpm!

30psi also seems a lot for a vnt, or am I being a wuss?! Didnt think those do very well spinning up to that sort of pressure Undecided

Well done mind, guess the 4bar sensor helped a lot

Can you not map in gear related map changes? Like they do with VVT on the 1.7zetec engines?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It is gt22 so bigger turbine side aswel, we could make it less laggy but then it just over boosts all the time as the controller doesn't react quick enough.

Well if 30 is too much then it will go bang eventually and be replace with a gtb2260vk which I read somewhere on vag tunning are good for 36psi. I'm guessing the fuelling was mapped for 30 as at 25psi you can't see behind for smoke.

We may still be able to make it better later on but it's good to have it running nice for now
Thanks given by:
For a vnt though, it should still spool really well

You wont need more psi with the GTB!!! More efficient, so you will need less and have more air, cooler too as a result.

Although, still, that VNT should spool quicker Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it's it's not running at full duty at the moment because it kept over boosting, we where wondering weather it's because the Solenoid can't react quick enough.

Can look at playing with it more in future, but for now it the best it has been running yet.

Will see if I can get some videos at some point
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Dimma Coupé Pbalerado 9 3,918 07-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Last Post: johnnygomez
  Dimma 306 Cezeli 37 20,520 11-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  205 TT Dimma Daniel306 18 6,356 19-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Daniel306