Track Day 26th October

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track Day 26th October
I'm organising a track day on .net and was wondering if any of you would be interested in coming along?

The location is near Pershore in Worcestershire and is a disused airfield. The track layout itself is approx a mile long.

Here's some more details:

The way it would be run is only one car would be on track at a time, therefore significantly reducing the risk of any car-to-car collisions. Laps would be timed so the racing would still be competitive. There are large run off area's at the track so if it does go wrong there'll be several hundred yards of clear area with no danger of hitting anything. There are also marshals and a safety car on site.

SpeedfreekZ track day’s offer registered car clubs the chance to have their own track day’s utilizing our track, motor sport timing gear and marshals.
On our private gated facility our 1 mile sprint circuit, with its sweeping bends, chicanes, hairpins, semi hammerheads and finishing straight will test every aspect of you vehicle set up and driving ability.
Times will be collated from our timing gear and a leader board regularly updated.
The day breaks down as follows:-
Gates open 0900-0945
Gates close, Safety brief, Helmet fit 0945-1000
Track familiarisation, timing gear fit 1000-1030
Track opens 1030-1600
Costs
£50 per driver/car per day
£10 per spectator
All payments to be made in full to your club event organiser 1 week before event (should extreme weather conditions be forecast 2 days before event we will cancel, re-schedule and issue full refunds)
SpeedfreekZ Safety Rules
1. Helmets to be worn on track
2. Vehicles driven at own risk (waiver to be signed)
3. No antisocial behaviour/driving (perpetrators will be removed with no refund)
4. Always adhere to starters and marshals instructions
Motorsport is dangerous, SpeedfreekZ take no responsibility for damage to vehicles or personal injury during the day.

Helmets can be supplied on the day.

Proposed track layout:

[Image: SpeedfreekZTrack_zpsfc929b86.jpg]

We have a few members on .net already confirmed as attending so if anyone's interested in coming along drop me a pm.
Thanks given by:
Potentially well interested!
Thanks given by:
Aaawwww wtf, would have loved this with a bit more notice. Will see what I can wangle, but im not hopeful. Sad
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well since I'm guessing lllaannnddddooowwww isn't going ahead this might be some good fun :p
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
"£50 per driver/car per day
£10 per spectator"

Is there no passenger allowance on this track. Like say I went with Steve, I couldnt be a passenger on one of his runs?
If we are allowed passengers then does that fall under Driver or Spectator price?? Big Grin
Interested for sure... Wouldnt even mind taking the mini for a spin... But would rather be a passenger is possible Smile makes it cheaper for both me and steve
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Would go if it wasnt 1 at a time hill sprint style. Bit gay

Thanks given by:
As far as I'm aware passengers are allowed in cars while they're on track.....

therefore if it's your car and you want to put it round the track it's £50 admission

if you want to spectate or ride as a passenger it's £10 admission

I need to know if any of you are definitely planning on coming preferably by the middle of next week........next weekend at a push as payments are needed in by Sunday 20th at the latest.
Thanks given by:
Event now cancelled.......
Thanks given by:
what the hell?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not enough people
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
^ what Dan said.......

Needed at least another 10 people to be definitely attending and putting their cars around the track........the deadline was originally tomorrow but no further names came forward since last week so I've had to be realistic about things.

May possibly be organising another for the Spring........
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that bud, keep us updated if you would, would be well up for it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks Alex......it's a damn shame really TBH mate.

I'll keep you up to date if a Spring event is on the cards Wink
Thanks given by:
Needed more time really mate.
Thanks given by:
would have been interested if it wasnt one at a time!
Thanks given by:
yeah...a few months build up and we can easily get 10!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Id of been interested if it was next year.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
trouble is its £50 for a couple of circuits, the more people going the less chance you even get at it!

i probably would have given it a miss, its jus a little too steep
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You'd have had quite a few more than a couple of circuits...........and to be honest £50 for a track day is damn good value for money in my opinion.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pugrun 2015 ~ 26th April, New Forest ~ TOMORROW!! Details in first post Poodle 124 38,574 27-04-2015, 12:57 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Scammonden water 6th October 6pm Adam-m-h 61 13,468 09-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  South Midlands Meet Sunday 5th October RetroPug 61 12,054 07-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Last Post: RetroPug