South Midlands Meet Sunday 5th October

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Midlands Meet Sunday 5th October
A few people have mentioned wanting to do this, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling and start a thread. I will PM all those who expressed an interest but all are welcome. If you are thinking of coming say so in the thread or message me and I'll add it to this post, so that everyone who opens the thread can immediately see time, place and who is going.

TBC, but South Midlands area, so Warwickshire, M40 corridor, Stratford etc. etc. This is deemed to be approximately in the middle of everyone who wants to be there. If anyone has any good ideas for places to meet, with good photo spots etc. then please feel free to post it up or message me.

Date:
Sunday 5th October

Attendees:
RetroPug
Ozonehostile
Pebbles167
Orta
AndyJ (missing two wheels)
Matt-Rallye (if his exhaust stops being broken)
NOSE (If his car isn't in primer)
Piggy (potentially)

Stratford upon Avon is here:
[Image: 11b4049.png]
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I'm sure to be there, any excuse to take the gti6 out and all that Wink
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I think Stratford makes a lot of sense, its a lovely place and is relatively close to everyone.

I'm in Wink
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 11:58 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: I think Stratford makes a lot of sense, its a lovely place and is relatively close to everyone.

I'm in Wink

Pretty decent roads around too iirc from the last time I was over that way?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Stratford upon Avon is not far from me and it is indeed very lovely although I'm not very familiar with it. Relatively easy for you guys to get there too. Might have a little look for good locations around there unless anyone else knows of any? A nice photo-whoring spot would be good. Big Grin
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Hi Luke, yeah I'd be up for this providing I have the car on the date your looking at matey, as I mentioned to you before, I'm just waiting for my mate to give me the thumbs up to get my car over to his body shop to have paint work done. So not wishing to mess you about, I'm only half committed at the mo'.
Thanks given by:
Don't worry about it! Do you know roughly when that will be? I suppose we should set a provisional date soon so people can say when they are free or not. At the moment it could maybe be the 27th or 28th of September, or 4th and 5th October as a made-up time. If anyone's got any input or isn't free let me know!

List upated.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
4th-5th would be better for me due too money lol

I'll have a scout around and see if theres any decent pic whoring spots Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Hopefully within the next couple of weeks Luke, but i know he's rammed at the moment, so can't expect him to take the car just yet.
Thanks given by:
Ok. Smile

(28-08-2014, 03:24 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: 4th-5th would be better for me due too money lol

I'll have a scout around and see if theres any decent pic whoring spots Smile

Shall we set the 4th-5th as the provisional weekend then?

Good man. Smile

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I may scoot up if its early october. If not more to do some ride alongs and swap parts with peeps!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2014, 09:59 PM)Piggy Wrote: I may scoot up if its early october. If not more to do some ride alongs and swap parts with peeps!
Ok I'll put you on the list.
Sounds like people would prefer the weekend of the 4th and 5th.

Are people more free on saturdays or sundays?

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Potentially considering moving this to Hereford and integrating it with this:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-26413.html

So that way we could have RR runs and good photo spots and pubs etc.
Ozone contacted me about possibly doing this.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 07:45 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Potentially considering moving this to Hereford and integrating it with this:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-26413.html

So that way we could have RR runs and good photo spots and pubs etc.
Ozone contacted me about possibly doing this.

Top idea Big Grin RR day then off to the hungry horse for bit of bait sounds ideal too me Tongue
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Up for this, non french car appearance though.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Up for this.

French engine, not a french car.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
More the merrier chaps Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Only a couple of weeks away now chaps is this meet defo on ?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
I might be up for this, take the 6 for a drive.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Are you guys thinking the 5th or the RR day in hereford on the 19th? Smile im keen for both tbh
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I am also keen for both!!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Can only do 19th Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Then only come on the 19th Mr bacon Tongue

I just wanna attend as many things as possible Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Right guys sorry I've been very busy!

I might be going to the RR meet, but that's no reason not to have a good meet up on the 5th as well!
I'm still up for this if others are! I'm still not sure on a precise pub or place to meet in Stratford but we can figure that out.

Everyone who is interested is welcome. Smile

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I'm defo on. Just let me know where and when
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Im in Smile sure ozone will be too
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I'll be in Cornwall that weekend unfortunately, Stratford is only down the road from Brum, too.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Ah that's a shame.
Anyone know of any nice places? If I don't get any suggestions I'll just pick one using google. lmao

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Only a week to go chaps can we finalise attendees and meet location?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Yes I was just thinking of getting on it, sorry.
I'm thinking about 1pm time wise, and as for location I will look something up either today or tomorrow.

I will also PM everyone who has expressed an interest.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Essex Meet - Wednesday 25th October - The Grange (then onto Southend) Silky 1 1,994 27-09-2017, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Hobo Ash
  GI: South West Meet Up mr_fish 69 25,461 02-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Sian
  East Coast Meet - Sunday July 24th - 10AM - IP6 8LP Eeyore 36 19,177 23-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Last Post: 7057sam