Scammonden water 6th October 6pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scammonden water 6th October 6pm

Hi so I was going to go to retro rides and it's been CANCELLED.

So from an idea off The_Liam any one interested in starting/helping organise one in the Stockport,sheffield or derby area..

Any ideas/suggestions welcome[/font]

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Thanks for doing this mate. I'd probably suggest somewhere near the M1 or M62, that pretty much links most of Yorkshire, Lancashire and Derbyshire. Maybe somewhere like Scammonden Water?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2014, 03:12 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Thanks for doing this mate. I'd probably suggest somewhere near the M1 or M62, that pretty much links most of Yorkshire, Lancashire and Derbyshire. Maybe somewhere like Scammonden Water?

Near to a motorway is a good idea
Is there any good pubs near scammonden water?

A few ideas
1.http://fleeceinnholme.co.uk/contact.html
Or nearer sheffield

2.The drawbridge
Fellowsfield Way
Rotherham, South Yorkshire S61 1JN

3.http://www.dogandpartridgeinn.co.uk
Good views and some good roads?

(30-08-2014, 03:12 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Thanks for doing this mate. I'd probably suggest somewhere near the M1 or M62, that pretty much links most of Yorkshire, Lancashire and Derbyshire. Maybe somewhere like Scammonden Water?

Can we just copy rr's idea first Monday of every month and same time 7-730ish
Just need an idea of some locations,

Thanks given by:
IMO find a biker cafe, somewhere similar to ace cafe and do it there as its alot easier to be regular in the cold/wet months when you can all sit inside with a brew.
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2014, 04:20 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: IMO find a biker cafe, somewhere similar to ace cafe and do it there as its alot easier to be regular in the cold/wet months when you can all sit inside with a brew.

Good idea. I'll have a look around see what there is Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2014, 04:26 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote:
(30-08-2014, 04:20 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: IMO find a biker cafe, somewhere similar to ace cafe and do it there as its alot easier to be regular in the cold/wet months when you can all sit inside with a brew.

Good idea. I'll have a look around see what there is Smile

There's Squires in Sherburn but it's a long way from Sheffield/Barnsley/Rotherham way...
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking of using the 1st Monday of every month @ 7pm
And if there's enough interest find 2/3 locations between say Leeds/Manchester ,Stoke on Trent and Lincoln.
And rotate between them to give the option of meeting up with different people/groups
Open to ideas or suggestions.
Thanks given by:
I vote Scammy, its a 10 minute drive for me lol
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Leeds/bradford area gets my vote. Still a 40 minute drive but fairly central
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
So from the sound of things scammonden water is a likely candidate.
Does any one know the area and know of any good places to meet?
Thanks given by:
Pete's the man for that I would have thought...
Thanks given by:
(31-08-2014, 08:51 PM)Pete Wrote: I vote Scammy, its a 10 minute drive for me lol

Pete is there any good places near scammonden water we can use as a meeting place?

Also is the first Monday of every month 7pm a good time/date for people?
Thanks given by:
Theres a carpark overlooking scammy but think the gates will be shut at that time not sure though..Pubs wise the Lower Royal George is up the road on the A640 and Nont Sarahs but think that's shut now. If you want to go abit further towards Ainley Top J24 you've got The Wappy Spring and Toby Carvery. Could possibly drive up the A640 for pics

This spot, I'll dig through my pics see if I can get some better ones.

[Image: 208399_1045598134451_9061_n.jpg?oh=502a6...fe470fe09c]
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 08:54 PM)Pete Wrote: Theres a carpark overlooking scammy but think the gates will be shut at that time not sure though..Pubs wise the Lower Royal George is up the road the A640 and Nont Sarahs but think that's shut now. If you want to go abit further towards Ainley Top J24 you've got The Wappy Spring and Toby Carvery. Could possibly drive up the A640 for pics

Looks a nice spot and a couple of pubs near by to eat in,

Also if I chuck a date out say Monday 6th October 7pm is that ok with people?
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't mind a bit earlier myself, say 6pm, is that too early?
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 09:41 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Wouldn't mind a bit earlier myself, say 6pm, is that too early?

6 is fine with me Smile

I've got it the turnpike at rishworth moor looks a nice pub and next to reservoir

Post code: HX6 4RH
Thanks given by:
I'm in!
Thanks given by:
There's one in Stockport the first Thursday of every month....

Steve - you should come. Full of ricers, but there's also some really nice cars show up - and some stuff I guarantee you'll go "wtf is that?"

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 05:04 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I'm in!

I'm in

Monday 6th October
@6pm

The Turnpike Inn
Oldham Road
Rishworth
West Yorkshire
HX6 4RH

I'll have a word around see if I can gets some mates to come if that's ok
Thanks given by:
Yeah sound.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 05:11 PM)jammapic Wrote: There's one in Stockport the first Thursday of every month....

Steve - you should come. Full of ricers, but there's also some really nice cars show up - and some stuff I guarantee you'll go "wtf is that?"

JP

Where and what time in Stockport?
Is there still the " untouchables" in Stockport?
Thanks given by:
Normally 8pm, there are two places depending on the weather... hard to describe where. Near the big asda.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 07:12 PM)jammapic Wrote: Normally 8pm, there are two places depending on the weather... hard to describe where. Near the big asda.

JP

I think I know where you mean near Pizza Hut and bargain madness like little retail park?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, there's a little bridge / tunnel, go under that and up near the mini roundabout there's a carpark. There.
JP
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 07:21 PM)jammapic Wrote: Yeah, there's a little bridge / tunnel, go under that and up near the mini roundabout there's a carpark. There.

I know where it is.
And is to bad I'm working this week if it's on Thursday Confused could have had a trip down.
Thanks given by:
Ok just going to go with this

Monday 6th October 6pm
Address:
The Turnpike Inn
Oldham Road
Rishworth
West Yorkshire
HX6 4RH

All are welcome
Thanks given by:
I'd better show up then seeing as I'm HX4 lol Just so you chaps know Scammoden water's carpark shuts at 6 so you wont be able to use that, plenty of other places to use though Smile
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 06:38 PM)Pete Wrote: I'd better show up then seeing as I'm HX4 lol Just so you chaps know Scammoden water's carpark shuts at 6 so you wont be able to use that, plenty of other places to use though Smile

That's a shame
I was thinking this pub overlooks booth wood reservoir
But we could have a scout round for places
Thanks given by:
FYI, Stockport cruise this Thursday night...
JP
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 07:31 PM)jammapic Wrote: FYI, Stockport cruise this Thursday night...

DAM I can't make it I'm working Thursday Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  South Midlands Meet Sunday 5th October RetroPug 61 12,053 07-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Llandow Open Pit Wednesday 23rd October £65!!! Norledge 106 20,044 20-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Last Post: lolsteve
  Track Day 26th October gareth7 18 3,012 18-10-2013, 05:09 AM
Last Post: gareth7