NEED HELP ... HDI iN TANK PUMP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED HELP ... HDI iN TANK PUMP
my in tank fuel pumps gone and i need to replace it ... im gonna try and do it myself just wondering which black cap under the rear bench is removed to gain accesss to the in tank pump and also how hard of a job is it to do ? Thanks in advance Smile
Thanks given by:
OS (Drivers) side cap Smile

Not that hard at all, all pushfit connectors and you just pull off the connector plug for it...

Just make sure you've got less than half a tank and you're not parked on a slope to the drivers side, otherwise soon as you undo the cap you'll get Diesel go absolutely everywhere.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers ruan so its the cap behing drivers seat nearest to the door then ? . Yeah ive got less than half a tank so shouldnt be too messy then i hope ? Do i need to bleed air out of it or anything after fitting it ?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the one nearest the side of the car on the drivers side Smile

Shouldn't be toooo messy - when you lift the pot out, it'll be filled with Diesel, so have rags and stuff on hand to mop up any spilt, and be prepared to chuck it all back in the tank once you've lifted it out - awkward, but if you're careful it's fine.

Don't need to bleed it - but I'd take the chance to put a new Diesel filter in and clean out the inevitable brass filings in the filter housing. When you first turn the ignition on, just turn it back off and on a few cycles (you'll hear the new pump priming) just to get through any air you introduced in the LP side and go for it Smile

HTH
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
If you've still got an interior i'd suggest covering the surrounding area with a sheet of plastic, else the car will stink of diesel for months lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers both of you ... yeah ive got a pretty clean interior so gonna get as many rags ass possible .. i did an oil filter change yesyerday before discovering it was the in tank pump causing my problems ... ive not got too much fuel in their so hoping with a shit ton of rags ill get away with it .. cheers for the help and ill let u know how it gets on later on Smile
Thanks given by:
Well got the pump all disconnected ready to remove just waiting for the new pump to arrive hopefully by 2 o clock . Then can get new one in and all connected... hopefully tonight she runs again Smile then onto fixing the humming noise and other little niggles .. god how i love 306's ...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tank pump pug306driver 1 716 27-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Uberderv
  No voltage at tank lift pump KevinTW 4 1,207 12-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Last Post: xudlingo
  In tank pump fuel strainer Welshy_Pete 2 1,328 20-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete