tank pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tank pump
I've just re studied the tank pump clean guide, thanks to Paul 13 who did that !

Is there any catch or tang or terminal locking device to defeat on the electrical connection to the tank pump unit please ?

I think its time to check the tank for crap/water etc.......I will be draining the fuel filter today and report back.....will probably do the tank pump sunday, then have a good bath as I hate the smell of diesel, which is ironic since the car is a diesel !

Done some more reading of similarish threads on here, idle does fluctuate slightly when engine is cold ( from 850 to 950 ish ) but is rock steady when engine is at normal running temp ( 80 degrees these days since new thermostate ) .

So will clean tank pump and tank ( will report back on these topics ) , flush lines to filter, clean and replace fuel filter, clean fuel pressure sensor and flush rail.

can the fuel high pressure pump be drained ??
Thanks given by:
I don't think there is anything special about the electrical connection, you just have to be weary of the level float when removing it. The only way I can think of flushing the pump etc is to remove the return and let the in tank pump do it, then collect the diesel in a bottle or summit.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No voltage at tank lift pump KevinTW 4 1,195 12-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Last Post: xudlingo
  In tank pump fuel strainer Welshy_Pete 2 1,315 20-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete
  NEED HELP ... HDI iN TANK PUMP joelww 6 1,520 07-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Last Post: joelww