Roof Lining And Carpets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roof Lining And Carpets
Have many people change these? I'm sure I've seen a few threads where they've been changed but not much info on how to go about it.
Thanks given by:
Ive recovered a few headlinings, heat resistant glue, smooth it on and trim to fit. Sorted.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was thinking more on changing the colours of both can you get them made to fit?
Thanks given by:
A lot of people now seem to have swapped carpets for the blue ones which came out of phase 1 xsi's like I have
Thanks given by:
The roof lining you need to:

-Remove all the grab handles
-Remove all the lights in the lining
-Remove the boot seal trim
-Remove the sun visors
-Remove the door seal trims
-Remove the A,B,C pillar trims

Then its a case of working it away from the roof skin. It is spray adhesive'd to the roof.

The carpet:

-Remove the door seals
-Remove the seats and all associated brackets
-Remove the petrol flap release
-Remove the two 10mm bolts on either side of the dash (one goes through the bonnet release for an idea of location).

There may be one or two I have missed. I know the front carpet can be tricky with the dash in place.

Its easier to do both in one job as the roof lining will be easier to manoeuvre with no seats, and you will have the door seals off already etc.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I have a two spare roof lining, one already covered in material if you want to practice.

But they are pretty easy to remove. As posted above.

I have done black, blue and brown before.
Thanks given by:
If you've got ac the exhaust for it goes through the carpet in the passenger footwell but I've just put a small cut to let that slot in
Thanks given by:
That helps with the removal / fitting thanks for that Grant. Whats the best way to modify it?
[Image: 2jcaw6b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
'Modifying' the carpet will be hard. TBH you'd probably do best to bleach it and then dye it using proper fabric dye or similar.

The roof lining can be easily trimmed using fabric and spray adhesive as stated above.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fabric for roof lining andyyy 4 2,053 21-08-2015, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Adam-m-h
  Roof lining Adam-m-h 53 15,176 18-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Adam-m-h
  Interior light surround thing, on the roof lining? Dean 9 3,244 02-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Dean