Ideas please people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas please people
Wink 
well i got my 306 td ph2 and seeing as i never owned a 306 before and im very dumb ideas on wat could be done to it in styling and tuning etc would be great thanks in advance

Thanks given by:
Its entirely up to you mate. My idea of what I would do will be entirely different to what other people may like.

Anyhow if it was me.
-ph3 it
- Minus 60mm on clones
-Laguna splitter
-Strip it
-Track abuse it
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Change of wheels to something a bit nicer, lower it, phase 3 bumpers, colour code/phase 3 side strips, crystal headlights, clear side repeaters, GTi/phase 3 spoiler...

Simple stage 1, bosch conversion, decat, straight through exhaust with mid box, FMIC, bigger turbo...

Depends what you want to do/how far you want to go really Smile
Thanks given by:
nice ideas guys apart from track abuse lol and seeing as its my first 306 i want to make it a good one also please explain some of the things your on about lol(im thick as pig crap)
Thanks given by:
Ph3 the car, so fit bumpers, side skirts, lights and bootlid from a ph3 model

Lower it 60mm and fit cyclone wheels as below:

[Image: cyclones.jpg]

Laguna splitter is a lower front bumper splitter found on renault lagunas that can be retrofitted to 306's
as below (this was one of the first search results on google to massage Nialls Ego)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbJZ01wnLfU55_SV_ZSml...9xt0ba65P3]

Strip it and track it, as below

[Image: image_zps5a29b368.jpg]

/selflessplugg

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
and would all ph3 parts you said fit straight on or would they need to be adapted

wheels look niceSmile
Thanks given by:
yup =]
Thanks given by:
cool will look in to them parts then thanks guys
Thanks given by:
just to give you an idea. this my old platinum ph2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
thats a nice ph2 mate
Thanks given by:
*WAS lol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
ooooo lol poor little 306
Thanks given by:
What engines in it? Essentially make it fast, very fast!
if its a petrol whack a V6 in it and if its a diesel tune the nuts off it and add a mahoosive turbo.

Also is this Paddy's/David's old car, I'm sure that was T63***

PS I've edited your thread title to not have text speak.
Thanks given by:
i no have no idea if it was paddy`s/david`s old car bought it off a guy on facebook the car when i bought it was ;located in wigan lancs and its a 1.9 td so its will be tuned or as you say getting the nuts tuned off it

and im very thick wat the hell is text speak lol
Thanks given by:
Defo not davids old one, that currently lives in norfolk with rhysboost still with my old TD04 setup on it..

welcome to the forum man!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Txt spk is wen u talk lyk a slly billy n no1 can undrstnd wat u mean

Wink

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Coilovers, Set low as they'll go-Beam to match. Cyclones are OK in a magnolia sort of way, but nothing special. Go wide Wink
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
thanks jake Smile

and ok grant i am a silly billy lol

pete what`s best coilovers and what size wheels coilovers with what drop on
Thanks given by:
Yep Arron its what Grant said. Don't take it as an insult thought, we like people to make a reasonable effort at using proper English here as it makes the forums easier to read for everyone.

Anyway have you decided what your going to do to the car first yet?. The 1.9TD is absolutely ripe for tuning.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 09:18 AM)aaron1982 Wrote: what`s best coilovers and what size wheels coilovers with what drop on

It depends how much you want to spend and what you expect from them. If you just want to go low, with little concern for handling or your spine, TA Technix are spot on. I had them on my GTi-6 and they're nowhere near as some will make out, and will certainly be better than your old worn set-up.

However, if you want to go for handling, look into Gaz GHA or similar. Plenty of people run them and rate them highly.

Wheels wise, it's all down to opinion, they're a very personal thing. In my opinion the only sizes to consider are 15 and 16". The benefit of 15s is a lighter wheel and cheaper tyres. As Pete said though, Cyclones are a bit boring.
Thanks given by:
IMO.. unless you're planning on changing the ride height every 5 minutes, just get a DECENT shock and spring setup, it'll handle better and have a much much better ride quality
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I find it's not so much changing the ride height every 5 minutes, it's about getting it right in the first place. Very few springs drop the amount they say, which annoys the shit out of me.
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's fair enough, as a rule though it's normally whatever it says it lowers it by -10/20mm and it probably won't be too far off the real life height
Thanks given by:
The other issue is that springs and shocks often dont go very low, and the ones that do are more expensive than TAs lol. Id agree a proper springs and shocks set is a better option though, difference in ride quality is huge, i'd argue that the handling will most likely be better for the same money too.

Everyone goes for rims and a drop, I say jack it, stick some bullbars and a winch on and go green-laning!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
my only worrie with lowering is around burnley the spped humps vary alot some can be really stupid high and some are just plain pointless cos there so low and have no affect i have seen a normal ride hight pug 307 go over a hump at about 20 mph and its exhaust was smashed and so thats my main worrie i understand i can avoid these humps that are to high but in some cases that is just not allways a choice i can make my self
Thanks given by:
If you're really worried about speedbumps etc.. i wouldn't go much more than 40-50mm tbh (depending on what size wheels you go for obviously) otherwise you'll start scraping.. If you're only going that low then definitely a springs and shock setup
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 12:16 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: If you're really worried about speedbumps etc.. i wouldn't go much more than 40-50mm tbh (depending on what size wheels you go for obviously) otherwise you'll start scraping.. If you're only going that low then definitely a springs and shock setup
im thinking of going 16" so if i was to drop it about 40 mm on some shocks and springs what size tyre would be best to fill the arches with out rolling them and to avoide scrapeing on a set of 16`s
Thanks given by:
205/45/16 depending on how wide the alloy is.. should be fine but worst case run 195/45/16.. that should look fine at about a 40-50mm drop
Thanks given by:
205/45R16 is a really expensive tyre size though as its a subaru size. That said its what I run Smile
Thanks given by:
lol ok well will see what wheels i decide to get yet
Thanks given by: