Ph1 estate. Coming soon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 estate. Coming soon
I cannot wait to see this done Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Ph1 estate, I'm looking forward to seeing this
Thanks given by:
When you gonna start this should be good when it's done
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Isnt this done yet?? Smile
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So I finally got around to sticking a ph1 front on, Sunday night working to 1am.

And the results? Basically I'm pissed off lol. Probably because I'm tired and missed something obvious, but I now seem to be having an earth issue, nothing on the passenger side apart from sidelights, also lost the heater blower motor which really did my head in because I replaced it earlier as the original had seized, got it working, lovely and hot but now it's gone again soon as the front end changed. Ahh well il sort it out when I'm not so tired

Only pictures I took

[attachment=13290]

[attachment=13291]

After all the building upto this moment, I don't really like it haha. Sort the bloody electrical gremlins out is the next job
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
ATM just looks like any phase 1 with a roof rack lol! I await more pictures!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Looks good so far
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Not much more luck this morning.... Lost an indicator on the way to work. Fml
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Apart from the missing indicator, tractor ride height, ph3 strips and dirt, what do we think?

[attachment=13292]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate, get those sidestrips sorted, and spray the strip on the back bumper, and you're on to a winner. I wanna see a physical version of the photoshop i did at FCS this year. No excuses. Tongue lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 10:55 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Looking good mate, get those sidestrips sorted, and spray the strip on the back bumper, and you're on to a winner. I wanna see a physical version of the photoshop i did at FCS this year. No excuses. Tongue lol

Haha, all I've heard today is "rubstrips!"

Thought I'd sort out the electrical issue first but the strips are waiting :-P
Also collecting some anthracite 205 speedlines next week ;-)
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I'm afraid I'm not a fan. As I feared whenever a phase 1 estate has been mentioned in the past, the square front just doesn't work with the curvy rear that you can't do anything about. I'm sure it'll look better when it's finished though Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 11:08 AM)Curt Wrote: I'm afraid I'm not a fan. As I feared whenever a phase 1 estate has been mentioned in the past, the square front just doesn't work with the curvy rear that you can't do anything about. I'm sure it'll look better when it's finished though Smile

Thats exactly what I thought when I stepped back and looked at it. Was like "shit" haha

I've got all the bits that were taken of though so not a problem if I change my mind
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Lows, rubstrips and nice spaced out speedlines I think would look ace! Also maybe a wash? :p
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 12:09 PM)rd070707 Wrote: Lows, rubstrips and nice spaced out speedlines I think would look ace! Also maybe a wash? :p

Definitely need the rear wheels spacing out. I despise the tuck on an estate, makes the beam look really badly cambered
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 10:55 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I wanna see a physical version of the photoshop i did at FCS this year.

and the 106, and the dturbo Big Grin
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 12:29 PM)Craigus Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 10:55 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I wanna see a physical version of the photoshop i did at FCS this year.

and the 106, and the dturbo Big Grin

I'm getting around to it :-P
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
mmmm Not a fan really :/ Its different and all but it just looks old.
Thanks given by:
It's not growing on me tbh.

Pretty sure I'm going to put the ph3 front back on now, just had the final straw moment because the f*cking bonnet won't open. Not enough tension on the cable.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHH
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Nooo, finish it properly!

It has potential.
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 01:39 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: Nooo, finish it properly!

It has potential.

yes!

I think it looks ok.
Thanks given by:
I've just got to the workshop. Sort the bonnet and electronic faults out then see how it's looking
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Like you said, needs rubstrips to complete it. But just get the electrics sorted and drive on. Sort more important things like the rallye and dturbo

Good work though so far. As said i like it!
Thanks given by:
get the eleccys sorted, wont take all that long then to finish the rubstrips, back bumper, satin black the rack etc, 20min to get wheels swapped and it will look ace

Stick it to the haters, its guna look epic
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I really like it, stick at it some lows and rubstrips and paint the rear bumper it will look awesome. When you said you lost an indictor I wasnt expecting the entire thing to be gone.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
I love it! I would love to have a ph1 estate. Stick with it!
Thanks given by:
Stick at it mate, it will look shite at the moment as it's a mixture of ph's, sort the bump strips, back bumper strip and wheels and then take a step back and look at it..

It Will look different but different's cool as no other car rolled off the production like it Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
its unique!
Thanks given by:
Sorry guys......

[attachment=13300]
[attachment=13301]

It's just so nice to have decent headlights again. And a bonnet that opens. And not worrying about the indicators falling off

However, this isn't the end of the ph1 estate, I shall return with more ph1 shenanigans soon, just going to be more prepared this time
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Finally sorted the electrical problem!

Just replaced all the 20a fuses and a blown 10a under the bonnet and everything functions as before.

No more driving around worrying about the police

[attachment=13337]

But after that whole escapade with the ph1 front I think I might treat it to a decent exhaust on the weekend
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: