Renaultsport Megane R26

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renaultsport Megane R26
interior still bit dull for me, a special version like this deserves a better looking and feeling steering wheel
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Got talking to a guy in Scarborough today at a little cruise that was going on, he had one of these, same colour as Eds and believe it or not he let me have a go!

My verdict, stupidly quick with a map, unbelievable amounts of grip and very nimble for what is quite a big car, but steering felt a bit dead compared to most Peugeots, ride was very hard for a car that wasn't lowered, and it doesn't like bumps mid-corner. Very, very quick though, the mid-range torque is hugely impressive!

Not for me though.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
electric steering for the steering feeling loss!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 10:18 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Got talking to a guy in Scarborough today at a little cruise that was going on, he had one of these, same colour as Eds and believe it or not he let me have a go!

My verdict, stupidly quick with a map, unbelievable amounts of grip and very nimble for what is quite a big car, but steering felt a bit dead compared to most Peugeots, ride was very hard for a car that wasn't lowered, and it doesn't like bumps mid-corner. Very, very quick though, the mid-range torque is hugely impressive!

Not for me though.

The steering is something to get used to. As Ruan keeps saying, the 306 came with an unbelievable steering set up in terms of feel, which is mainly what we all like; it tells you EXACTLY what's going on at all times. The downside to this is you go in any other car and it's unlikely to feel as communicative... Don't get me wrong, there'll be cars out there with as much feel as a 306 but they're pretty few and far between.

The meg also has Electric power assisted steering. It's variable load (lighter at lower speeds), and that does take a bit of getting used to, but it's actually not a bad set up at all when you've worked it out. I find mine is still very communicative considering the assistance!

They are rather good fun though Wink
And the fact they are easy to provoke into loos is great!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
can you remap the PAS...I know that sounds nuts but some can be...you can adjust them to only assist at really low speeds
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It was bloody good fun Ed, not quite as fun as a 306 or a 205 despite being loads faster, but compared to something like an R32 or S3 it was epic, so much more involving! Never understand how VAG make fast cars so bloody dull...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
meeehhhhhhhhhhh

xxx
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Just pulling your leg babes Wink. Love a car like this..did they do a 5 dr Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
They actually did Chris Wink the 5 door was the 225 model (same as this but without the LSD and track suspension setup):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NO-RESERVE-200...4ac8683353

They even did the 175 DCi in 5 door too Wink
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-RENAULT-M...58a2b58d4a
Thanks given by:
They reeeally don't like right in a family edition lol
Thanks given by:
yeah but its a cool idea...2kids strapped in tight for mega lolz cornering speeds
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Oh god, another one. Confused They're still fugly and boring imo, looks lile a nice, tidy example though.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just clocked this thread Smile seen on fb its a beaut!! very nice in white, I have CUP and LUX on mine defo best upgrades even tho im only a 175dci but around the 220 and 360+ torque but a dyno will prove as not sure exact figuire before map cos no car keeps original figuires lol

Need to get my rear box chopped want a turbo wrasp lol

Love it though mate just I can get 55mpg+ and you have the noise lol

Defo looking into a stage 2 already ktec goodies etc, I think I need to do the filter box chop tbh changed filter made extra 10mpg cos old blocked and massive throttle response but think has more as they are restrictive arnt they

Cant wait to have all three parked up at a 306 meet Tongue
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2013, 12:23 AM)Scott Wrote: They actually did Chris Wink the 5 door was the 225 model (same as this but without the LSD and track suspension setup):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NO-RESERVE-200...4ac8683353

They even did the 175 DCi in 5 door too Wink
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-RENAULT-M...58a2b58d4a

Darn I thought you'd say 3 door only, anyway the misses would say.."not more French crap" [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

So jealous [WINKING FACE]

(27-08-2013, 06:38 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Just clocked this thread Smile seen on fb its a beaut!! very nice in white, I have CUP and LUX on mine defo best upgrades even tho im only a 175dci but around the 220 and 360+ torque but a dyno will prove as not sure exact figuire before map cos no car keeps original figuires lol

Need to get my rear box chopped want a turbo wrasp lol

Love it though mate just I can get 55mpg+ and you have the noise lol

Defo looking into a stage 2 already ktec goodies etc, I think I need to do the filter box chop tbh changed filter made extra 10mpg cos old blocked and massive throttle response but think has more as they are restrictive arnt they

Cant wait to have all three parked up at a 306 meet Tongue

At least you chose the right fuel CJ [WINKING FACE]
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Never go back to a perv me until promotion over 45k a year lol my right foot would need that lol
Thanks given by:
That looks good in white mate, suits it.

Is this going to go for a little tootle round at Combe?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Thanks buddy Smile Yeah I will be! Need a new set of PS3s on it soon so might as well make the most of what remains!

Thanks Craig! If you're looking for an induction kit I happen to have an ITG kit here lying around Wink Also got a spare FMIC (standard R26 one though, the KTEC one is staying on the car Wink ). I'd definitely go for the filter box chop, from what I've seen/heard they make a huge difference.
Thanks given by:
Cheers bud ive bought a pipercross in mean time and doing the airbox mod next weekend when have more time and want to chop rear box out also even tho its a derv will sound bit more turboy lol

Just ordered cooksport lowering springs as had a spring snap the other day

There will be plenty mods coming soon as get compo in a month hopefully got me medical next week Smile

Iv just noticed yours hasnt the megane letters on boot I cant make my mind up whether to remove cos they look good clean without

And will keep u in mind if I ever pop the intercooler but should have ktec by then I believe they are same IC on both pervs and dervs
Thanks given by:
Good call! The box chop sounds amazing on the perv, stick a video up once you've done it as I'd be interested to hear what it's like! Also let us know what the Cooksport springs are like. I've got .R suspension on mine and love it, but I know a certain other R26 owner on here is looking at those springs Wink

Ah okay, I didn't realise they were the same!

My little task for the day is done! I had a cargo net lying around for ages and decided to fit it but hadn't figured out the best way to do it. Turns out there's some room behind where the rear seats clip in, so I've used the existing mounting point there.

Yes, that is Twister you see in the boot lol

Thanks given by:
So far in the project thread you have fitted a cargo net?

Get on with it and track slag it!

Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Haha iv a cargo net to go in mine yet too wooo lol

Yes will do took the sound proofing out of airbox and can hear turbo tiny bit more hoping to hear some grunt as the airbox only has 400mm of pipe to turbo inlet so shud hear a difference Smile

Yes hopefully have springs on by weekend bud will keep you updated, mine has all the uprated suspension cup chassis and lux pack from reading on forums it should make an improvement and lower but mines already lower than most but probs because derv

Just relooked at your pics n mines same as yours tbh so with a 25mm drop front and 30mm rear should sit lovely wabt to space rears out maybe 10mm though Smile
Thanks given by:
I've got 9mm spacers on the front and 16mm on the rear. They make a pretty substantial difference to the look of the car, especially when lowered!

Lol Grant, it'll have the back seats out and very little in it for Combe next month Wink
Thanks given by:
Can you recommend where to get the spacers from pal
Thanks given by:
They're sold by a chap off Meganesport.net, I believe JohnC? I'm not 100% on that though!
Thanks given by:
Scott, you got a passenger for your session?
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2013, 07:10 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Scott, you got a passenger for your session?

ninja

He don't know it yet though
Thanks given by:
I shall give a passenger ride to whoever is willing to lend me a GoPro for the session ninja
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2013, 07:14 PM)Scott Wrote: I shall give a passenger ride to whoever is willing to lend me a GoPro for the session ninja

Done!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2013, 07:18 PM)Niall Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 07:14 PM)Scott Wrote: I shall give a passenger ride to whoever is willing to lend me a GoPro for the session ninja

Done!

Also done. You are gonna end up with a lot of passengers!
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2013, 07:19 PM)vlj Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 07:18 PM)Niall Wrote:

Done!

Also done. You are gonna end up with a lot of passengers!

Can only have one. Sorry, its just me and scott time for 15 minutes Heart
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2008 Liquid Yellow Renault Sport Megane R26 Ed Doe 112 56,778 18-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Jonny b