Sigma 96 phase 1 306 gti 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma 96 phase 1 306 gti 6
(25-08-2013, 09:30 AM)Piggy Wrote: how did you find that updated front polybush?
fitted a dream on mine. 100 times better!

how did you get the rear bump stops to fit? Mine seem oversized by quite a few mm!

Front fitted like a dream, slid in no messing Wink bump stops I used liberal amounts of copper slip and a screwdriver and eventually they went in. Felt quite sick seeing the break pipe tbh knowing I'd driven it Undecided
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
yeah I know that feeling. But at least you got it sorted before it went pop!!!

glad about the bushes...nice to see people reaping benefits of all the emails!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats what i ment F off lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 09:40 AM)Piggy Wrote: well...no, SHOULD NOT...not should!!! lmao

..good chance to go braided, theres some in for sale section came up today I think.

Got braided hoses already mate. Just taking them off the d turbo Sleepy
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Smile Smile Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well today didn't got to plan Doh The rad I got needs the phase 2 type bottom hose to fit so have had to order that so more ££££ and in changing the thermostat I managed to break the plastic housing Censored Anyone know if these are available from pug or happen to have a spare?

On the plus side I got the other wishbone on and the other front braided hose on. Just the rears to do then can bleed the brakes ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
I'll have a look...not sure I do.

they do get brittle. shame that
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah seems a bit of a piss poor design tbh. Needed to remove the hose to get to 1 bolt and in removing the hose it disintegrated grrrrrr. Means I'll be cycling to work Tuesday lol
Thanks given by:
Iv got a ph2 bottom hose if you want it £10

Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 08:59 PM)puglove Wrote: Iv got a ph2 bottom hose if you want it £10

Oooh awesome Cool you about tomorrow? Don't suppose you got the plastic thermostat housing too?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
yeah im home most of the day tomorrow, havnt got the stat housing im afraid

Thanks given by:
Went to puglove's to get the hose only to find it was the wrong type Sad ahh well, was good to have a quick chat and see his 3 pugs Cool got home and finished the brake hoses and bled the brakes. I bloody hate doing anything that involves brake fluid its horrible stuff Angry

[Image: mu4aqega.jpg]

[Image: ga5agupu.jpg]

[Image: ze5anypa.jpg]

Hopefully the correct hose will arrive from ecp tomorrow and I'm popping to pug to order the thermostat housing at lunch, all being well she'll be sorted Wednesday Cool
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
I got a thermostat housing, but it has a connection for the top large rad pipe but also a connection for a smaller pipe.
I also have two bottom hoses, one with plastic clip and one with metal..if that helps at all?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Its the metal ended hose I needed, all ordered already though. Bugger Sad sounds like a different stat housing to what I need unfortunately
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Thinking of lowering this very soon, any ideas on how much at the rear? My d turbo was about 30/35mm but was a bit to much gap for me, fronts were about 3 threads left on ta tecnix coilovers so will be what the front is down by
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
45mm is ideal i think. thats what i am hoping come sunday on mine. anymore and it just looks like you have been to tesco
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I love Phase1 306s! I think they look the part in sliver or black, with compomotive alloys on in black or a dark grey.
Thanks given by:
Parts ordered from Pug, should be here tomorrow morning Cool hopefully bottom hose will be delivered while I'm at work today, will all be sorted Wednesday afternoon all being well. Will hopefully lower this at the weekend all being well Wink
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
dont put TAs on this Sad

and you need to be tucking a bit of tyre on 50's on the rear Wink

& dont listen to piggy's duff advice gis is going to be irish low next weekend!

Thanks given by:
no, its not!!! GT is the idea jamie, not dumbass who cant carry passengers!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
well you got tue dumb ass bit........ so why not have the cant carry passengers bit?? Tongue

Thanks given by:
Bottom rad hose arrived and fitted, not sure that the spring clip is gonna hold all that pressure though Undecided is the metal end meant to go all the way in to the rad? Window regulator clip arrived and on fitting the new clip I snapped it Angry although have had to remove regulator anyway as the cables had wrapped and twisted themselves round. So have ordered a repair kit Undecided Thermostat housing was not at pug but will be tomorrow. Being carless sucks Rolleyes
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
yeah i was a skeptical as to weather the clip was going to hold, but its doing alright atm lol

Thanks given by:
Got the stat housing and fitted it, fitted new fan switch, filled and bled coolant and started car. All working lovely now Smile no leaks, the clip is holding and even the fan works Big Grin
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
yay Smile worth all the agro now Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Oh yes, definitely Smile already feels epic even with just uprated bushes and decent front tyres. Once past about 4.5k it just takes off and if kept above that its awesome fun on twisty b roads, oh and the noise Heart
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Gave the car a quick wash as it's all back in 1 piece, here's how she's looking now

[Image: o3ao.jpg]

[Image: 32xy.jpg]

[Image: 2xjb.jpg]

[Image: usn5.jpg]

[Image: x5p5.jpg]

Bit of a monster truck at the moment but will be lowering her soon, just finding the motivation to tackle to rear beam Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Looks very good glad to see it on the road now. I know what you mean over 4.5k they go well. I need to sort my bushes out still.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Very nice, ph1's in this colour are my favourite
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Big Grin 
Regulator repair kit finally arrived ThumbsUp but.... cable length was different so couldn't fix it ThumbsDown
I'm also skint till i get some stuff shifted and till payday so not much I can get done this month now Sad Thought I'd list list the spec so far
K&N Panel Filter
Polyflex Bushes all round
Hoffman Sports Cat
Dewipered
Alpine components
Braided Brake Hoses

Future plans
Dot5.1 brake fluid
Mintex or greenstuf pads
Fix drivers window
Change Oil, oil filter and spark plugs
Miles GTi6 Stainless Exhaust System
Miles Gear linkages
Vibratech Fast road top and gearbox engine mounts
30 or 40mm drop front with spax PSX dampers, 30mm rear
21mm torsion bars
Profit?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up FCS prep phase win sigma gearbox mounted mikey b 199 54,402 03-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Last Post: puglove
  My Phase 1 Sigma D Turbo. ADV_93 14 6,426 27-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Last Post: ADV_93
  Phase 1 Sigma GTi6 Project c.gerrard 75 19,226 04-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Last Post: c.gerrard