Project uhhh pretty? Astor HDi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project uhhh pretty? Astor HDi
(24-09-2013, 05:48 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Lawl amie! What tools did you buy? And Christ those brake are getting close!!

Why the love hate relationship?

(24-09-2013, 06:18 AM)C2K Wrote: Presumably because she loves the car, but the costs are mounting just from servicing/taxing etc.

Lol at the toenails matching the caliper.

I bought a G clamp! Woaaaah. Yeah the brakes were an advisory last mot, so a little overdue!
And yep exactly that, I might cry if she throws any surprises at me in the mot. She also needs two new tyres Sad
Thanks given by:
This happened today!

[Image: 2uqerege.jpg][Image: a3agases.jpg][Image: esegujug.jpg]
Thanks given by:
very pretty!
Thanks given by:
You've got tiny feet Vaughn!
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2013, 10:25 PM)Just Sean Wrote: You've got tiny feet Vaughn!

They aren't my feet you cock!
Thanks given by:
Gotcha!!! :p
Thanks given by:
lmao

(29-09-2013, 10:18 PM)SRowell Wrote: very pretty!

Thank you!!

Next step, fix the leak that's wasting my precious fuel Sad
Thanks given by:
OMG, I want my brakes that colour NOW!!!!
Thanks given by:
Lolz very pretty... Rolleyes
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Colour looks shit
/justbeingdifferent
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
She now has 12 months mot Big Grin much love to vaughan and ginge for fixing her up!

maaaaybe looking into insurance prices for getting her a map, but diamond have no clue so...
Thanks given by:
No insurance company will no what map its running....
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 10:06 AM)Just Sean Wrote: No insurance company will no what map its running....
Huh
they didn't reply or do anything when i declared the club stickers and painted calipers. i can picture their wtaf faces sat at their desks from here.
Thanks given by:
Just map it.
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 10:22 AM)Just Sean Wrote: Just map it.

i like to be legal ty! Angel
Thanks given by:
Gaylord
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 10:21 AM)amiek Wrote:
(17-10-2013, 10:06 AM)Just Sean Wrote: No insurance company will no what map its running....
Huh
they didn't reply or do anything when i declared the club stickers and painted calipers. i can picture their wtaf faces sat at their desks from here.

Wow....that's going a bit far declaring those! lol

Aren't diamond part of the Admiral group? If so, tell them its a chip, +10% will do..... Shouldn't cost you much to declare.
Thanks given by:
Insurance companies can tell if its mapped, Especially if it means the difference between a days salary for in insurance assessor vs the cost of the car and all the other cars.

Anyway the admiral group will ask you if your mapping it to increase power or improve economy, now obviously being a girl make sure that your primary aim is improving your fuel economy and the extra power is just a by product.
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 10:51 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(17-10-2013, 10:21 AM)amiek Wrote:
Huh

Wow....that's going a bit far declaring those! lol

Aren't diamond part of the Admiral group? If so, tell them its a chip, +10% will do..... Shouldn't cost you much to declare.

They are things you are meant to declare though... I know what insurance companies are like, they'd do anything to not have to pay out so I'd rather be on their good side. Although, they never did get back to me.

Yeah they are, thanks for that I was wondering what it would come under!

(17-10-2013, 04:23 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Insurance companies can tell if its mapped, Especially if it means the difference between a days salary for in insurance assessor vs the cost of the car and all the other cars.

Anyway the admiral group will ask you if your mapping it to increase power or improve economy, now obviously being a girl make sure that your primary aim is improving your fuel economy and the extra power is just a by product.

This.

It genuinely is for Economy though, I do way too much town driving and the hdi doesn't like it!
Thanks given by:
A quote for added modifications (paint, stickers and map) £462.

What.. The.. f*ck.
Thanks given by:
Lol, did you tell them it was more than 10% power increase? Confused
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 06:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, did you tell them it was more than 10% power increase? Confused

Yes because a stage 1 map increases the bhp by more than 9...
Thanks given by:
That'll be why you got that quote then. I did say above lol....

How are you supposed to know the exact increase anyway?
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 06:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: That'll be why you got that quote then. I did say above lol....

How are you supposed to know the exact increase anyway?

I'll also get that quote because of just over a year driving and a claim, and my age.

True, but what's the point declaring something if you're still lying about it?
Thanks given by:
Not really, I still get daft quotes like that for over a 10% map with the admiral group and I've 4 years NCB.

You're not lying about it, you're telling them it's mapped, just not by how much, and unless you're going to RR it you'll never know exactly how much power is there anyway. They have 3 'types' of power increase; 0-10%, 11-25% and +25%. Personally I think these should be done as stage 1, 2 and 3, because HDi's are so poor to start with that you have to say 25% increase just for a stage 1 which isn't even that much quicker. Obviously if you were doing big turbos and intercoolers (which admiral grp won't allow anyway lol) then you'd have to say it's a higher increase, but for a stage 1 I really wouldn't bother.
Thanks given by:
Nah with maps that are as well publicised as these for their power figure you cant really lie. Id be looking at a specalist insurer to get a sensible price.
Thanks given by:
Amie, maybe reconsider your insurer depending on what your plans are with the car? For instance, i can do anything to my car as long as i don't go over 180bhp and it doesn't cost me a penny. Before, when i was with Admiral, i found it a real struggle to insure mods with them. They just don't understand and even when they do, they bill you for all the wrong reasons.
If your planning on doing a few more mods, consider a modified insurer. personally, i cant rate Green light enough and i know a few others here will agree!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
defiantly this!
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 10:00 PM)Niall Wrote: Amie, maybe reconsider your insurer depending on what your plans are with the car? For instance, i can do anything to my car as long as i don't go over 180bhp and it doesn't cost me a penny. Before, when i was with Admiral, i found it a real struggle to insure mods with them. They just don't understand and even when they do, they bill you for all the wrong reasons.
If your planning on doing a few more mods, consider a modified insurer. personally, i cant rate Green light enough and i know a few others here will agree!

Yeah I wouldn't choose admiral if I wanted to do more. Everything's just going to have to be on hold for a long while, I found mod insurers wouldn't take me as I have 0ncb! Or would offer £2k+.

Diamond just have me a quote of £23 for just the paint and stickers Sad
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 10:06 PM)amiek Wrote:
(17-10-2013, 10:00 PM)Niall Wrote: Amie, maybe reconsider your insurer depending on what your plans are with the car? For instance, i can do anything to my car as long as i don't go over 180bhp and it doesn't cost me a penny. Before, when i was with Admiral, i found it a real struggle to insure mods with them. They just don't understand and even when they do, they bill you for all the wrong reasons.

Yeah I wouldn't choose admiral if I wanted to do more. Everything's just going to have to be on hold for a long while, I found mod insurers wouldn't take me as I have 0ncb! Or would offer £2k+.

Diamond just have me a quote of £23 for just the paint and stickers Sad

Hold out till you have your first years NCB then give Green light a ring. Im paying £500 a year FC for my GTi which i think is bloody good seeing as im still classed as being young enough to be a chav and live in a grade E postcode area Sad
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astor 3DR HDI Project Ash 12 3,851 24-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Ash
  Astor grey Xs project :) underground375 30 4,495 06-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Last Post: underground375
  Ph2 d turbo project. Pretty pic heavy nath_ski 5 2,426 21-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe