Astor grey Xs project :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astor grey Xs project :)
Well I guess it's about time I started a project thread on the old girl. Owned her for around 3 months now. The car it's self set me back £595. Pretty much top end budget at the time.

So a few pictures of when I got her.

[attachment=12336]

[attachment=12337]

Same day I swopped the cyclones off my old DT onto the Xs as well as the gti interior.

[attachment=12338]

Will upload some more pictures later as ive lost my camera Tongue
Thanks given by:
I love XS's and I love astors. Good lad Big Grin My XS was the best car I have ever owned, no doubt.

Get some more pics up! Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
All the updated pictures on how she sits now are on my camera but I did find these.

[attachment=12339]

[attachment=12340]

Little something im working on at the moment. Not long finished the gti manifold. Pretty much gives away the colour theme for the car Big Grin Should go a little better once fitted. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
looks sweet than mani...

need to reduce that epic black hole type gap between front wheel and wing though!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That's pretty much taken care of, went a little low to begin with, Think I measured it at 110mm.
Thanks given by:
The inlet and exhaust make such a difference to the sound on these too! Will sound epic!

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Ive heard you can remove the black box that sits under the inlet manifold? Anyone no what it does? Some sort of silencer?
Thanks given by:
It's a resonator.

It arguably adds BHP by removing it (about 1.163932 or something stupid) but reduces the induction noise.

So yes it can be removed, there are bungs that you can buy to do so Smile

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Astor friend
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
properly not worth taking it off when it comes to the 1.8 of powah.
Thanks given by:
Finally found the camera, So here's how the car sits today. first up.

[attachment=12346]

Tinted fog lights, pressed plates, black badge, and gold painted fans Big Grin and toe eye!!

[attachment=12347]

Finally lowered 60mm on the front 80mm on the back. I will be finding myself some coil overs in the future for more lows Smile

[attachment=12348]

Another picture of the front, showing the toe eye and the black masks I did the other day .

[attachment=12349]

Finally for now. Took the rear wiper off, custom made a 3inch role tip back box. made by power flow. Turns out it was a centre section with a 3inch welded on, sound epic tho. Finally not forgetting my fake gti badge Wink

Next on the list will be putting the engine parts on and doing some engine bay detailing. (Soon as the garage gets cleared out)

Whats also done but not shown is the gold callipers front and back. Gti steering wheel also the gti front splitter which is hard to make out on the pictures. Update soon Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks epic. Love the front end of this!

Not sure about the '6 badges though lol

Actually I cant f*cking talk, I have them on my doors still lmao

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Looks smart mate!
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's getting there, weather plus the time of year has slowed me down abit. Body work needs to be done in the summer, as it is a bit battered.
Thanks given by:
Looks well mate I've got some gti6 cams here if you want them cheap
Thanks given by:
Will be looking on getting some gti cams and head soon?

Inlets been put on tomorrow!! Should be interesting Wink
Thanks given by:
ffs ive been here years and youre overtaking me.

I have a gti6 inlet with a resonator bung in. Never had it with the box so dont know what its like without the bung! Sounds good though.

If you put a gti6 head and manifolds are you also looking into standalone ecus as it is fairly impossible to get the sagem ecus remapped.

Hopefully Ill be fitting my exhaust manifold, gearbox and head in the next few months! Good luck and ill be watching this thread!
Thanks given by:
Well only reason why my time is going into the engine is because of the weather, so the body works delayed till summer Tongue.

The inlet and out manifolds will be put on in the next few weeks. (Inlet been tomorrow) I will run the 1.8 injectors for now, leaving the 2.0 injectors in a safe place.

I was thinking about stand a lone ECU's but I recon just buying the Gti one and remapping it would be just as good. (All depends whats on the market at the time Smile )
Thanks given by:
Take that resonator off, they sound better without it. And we all know that makes your balls massive.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Little update on the progress today!

[attachment=12374]

So we start with how my engine looked before I started.

[attachment=12375]

Inlet off. Took a while to get my accelerator cable off due to corrosion.

[attachment=12376]

Good time to change the oil filter! The old one wasn't even finger tight!! :O

[attachment=12377]

Painted the head and mount and on with the new gasket. Still a lot to paint up but I got the main block done for now.

[attachment=12378]

fitted the inlet in place. Which soon had to come off again due to me not running the injector loom properly.

[attachment=12379]

Finally how I left it for today! Left to do is the fuel side of things! Air filter setup. ICA breather, and a lot of paint touch ups Tongue

Update tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by:
Looking good
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Looks awesome!

Didn't paint the manifold mating face of the head for the manifold did you? Wink

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Looks good so far mate I've got a full gti6 head with cams followers everything and also some injectors I bought the head so that I could fit my cams to it and have it ported and so on. Also I'd run a 6 ecu just get one that's unlocked mine may come up for sale if I go standalone its already been mapped Smile
Thanks given by:
No! LoL

[attachment=12381]

Very temping sleeper93 First dibs on the ECU Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well that looks nice!

ICA - Idle control actuator? or ICV Idle Control Valve. With the ICV you should really have a silicon T join so it links back to the air filter. Or... you could just put on a second small filter.
Thanks given by:
ICV! I found the only Silicon pipe I have doesn't fit, so no im without any sort of induction Sad Misses will love me when I tell her that the car's not going to be on the road tomorrow ! Woops
Thanks given by:
Finished the manifold today, Still on the look out for a induction kit. Painted a few more bits as well. Still got to paint the power steering pump and line, etc. but I want this in silver.

[attachment=12407]

[attachment=12408]

[attachment=12409]

Next up, more engine detailing Big Grin Silver and bits of blue here and there Smile
Thanks given by:
all you need is a standard cone filter off ebay. Most come with adapter rings so it fits straight onto the standard throttle body! Shouldnt cost you any more than £15.
Thanks given by:
I have that blue one, which is in the first picture but it doesn't clear the top radiator hose Sad
Thanks given by:
Ah okay maybe its bigger than mine. I know mine definitely rubs on the top radiator hose! It only just fits in! What you could do is run the gti6 air box. Ive been advised and almost did it but couldnt be bothered in the end. Im sure a moderately sized cone is fine.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astor 3DR HDI Project Ash 12 3,851 24-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Ash
  Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6 Scott 533 291,781 23-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Niall
  Project uhhh pretty? Astor HDi amiek 61 20,560 17-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Last Post: amiek