welder local

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
welder local
Need someone local who can tack a socket onto a wheel nut because mine are rounded off and impossible to get off. Just the locking nuts.

On 2 of the wheels

Thanks. Life saver!
Thanks given by:
just smash a hot socket onto it, most of the time welding a bolt/nut on doesnt work too well as the weld just breaks
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
This^
Thanks given by:
I don't think a light will get it warm enough tbh
Thanks given by:
Just smash a socket over then! Or get a big chisel and a persuader, but watch your wheels
Thanks given by:
shove it in a mug of boiled water, itll expand a little bit atleast, then twat it on
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Put a 20mm socket in the oven at max temperature for 20 mins. Take it out (with a glove) and smash it over the locknut. Allow the socket to cool and contract around the bolt. Remove!!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I've managed to smash a 17mm socket on lol!

Havnt got access to an oven

Mo5s will be going scrappers at this rate!
Thanks given by:
You haven't got access to an oven, what do you eat...? Genuine question btw, food is very important and living on sarnies would suck lol. :/

Did the 17mm socket get them off ok?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I eat in the mess. I've already asked before if I can stick headlights in their oven and they laughed me out the mess basically!

No. Just slipped and rounded some more
Thanks given by:
Get down the mech repair depo on camp and ask them to remove them!
Thanks given by:
Not a bad idea.
Thanks given by:
Ah thought you were on leave atm for some reason. As above then haha! :p
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Worst worst case.. if you've got some decent 'bits' you might be able to drill it out
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've never had any trouble with welding a nut on, think you ladies need to crank the power up a bit Wink
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 11:27 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: I've never had any trouble with welding a nut on, think you ladies need to crank the power up a bit Wink

Ditto this, many alloys have been removed from cars in my yard with this method lol!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
i tried the hammer socket method didn't work for me to start with
i ended up drilling the bolt head to release the tapper tension then used the socket hammer method to remove the bolt
Thanks given by:
Bring it down the yard mate
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I couldn't find the wheel nut key for the HDi...tried smashing sockets on etc, no chance lol, they all just slipped. Finally found the key in one of the map pockets afterwards though lol
Thanks given by:
Can't Jamie, no tax insurance headlights battery
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone fit windscreens local to me? bashbarnard 10 2,214 30-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: allye
  Maybe moving.... to Stroud! Anyone local? cpikey316_ 5 3,319 29-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: cpikey316_
  tig welder advise Stef205 2 2,131 27-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Last Post: ozonehostile