Does anyone fit windscreens local to me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone fit windscreens local to me?
As title. Need a windscreen doing
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I can physically fit one no problem however I have no tools or bond to fit them I'm afraid!
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2016, 04:36 PM)1616six Wrote: I can physically fit one no problem however I have no tools or bond to fit them I'm afraid!

If i can get the kit, which im sure i can. Want to come over and we can fit a screen. Id like to know how to do it anyway for futre refrence.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
What are your intentions? IE. Is it a brand new screen and trim or are you planning on trying to remove a screen from another car & re using trim etc?

In order to fit you'd want at a minimum:

Cheese wire & 2 handles
Wire feeding spike
T-cut
Aperture primer
Bond
2 sucker handles

It's not too hard to do but can easily go wrong.

The very quick overview is remove mirror, wipers, scuttle etc, remove windscreen trim, feed wire through drivers side top and bottom corner, cheese wire carefully across to passenger side & down the side, then wire back over and cut driver side out. Old screen comes out.

Cut back old glue with a sharp chisel or blade so there's a clean smooth old glue line probably 2mm in height left. Clean with glass cleaner. Prime old glue line.

Clean new glass, t cut the edge where the primer/glue will go, fit new trim to glass, prime glass where the new bond line goes.

Bond new glass or the body, depending on how the glue line is on these (I can't honestly remember, doesn't really matter), lift new screen in, tape or sucker to roof to hold in place... Put car back together & don't drive for a couple of hours.

Easy hey?
Thanks given by:
My intentions are. Buy windscreen, fit windscreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
how much is an actual windscreen for a 306?

I paid £100 to national windscreens to come remove, fit and dispose of the old one.

Albeit on a 206 and I had already removed the wipers and scuttle.

Should think if you could get it done for around that, it would be less hassle.

Just call in to autoglass/national/whoever else around there, say you've done a bit to make life easier and offer the cash option.
Thanks given by:
if you're getting a new screen just let a fitter do it, they have all the tools and materials required to do a proper job.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Cheapest place I know of by working in the trade is a company called AWG windscreens but I'm not sure if they would come down to you or not Bash. They have a branch near Norwich and one near Peterborough.

Give them a ring & see what they say: 0800 318711

They will supply and fit for a really reasonable price, I'm talking less than £150 for a 306 I imagine.

Don't bother with the likes of Autoglass, when I worked there you'd never get a private job as they charge the earth and admit it too.

I'm happy to help but with it being a safety thing too I'd sleep easier knowing it was done with the correct equipment, glues & primers ETC. Physically fitting I can do no problem, fully trained in doing it but I don't even have any mates locally now to borrow equipment from.
Thanks given by:
Obviously no use to you but I had a local one man band to replace my 306 screen for less than £100! Local guys always wayyyy cheaper than national companies, this was pre MOT so no insurance to claim off.
Thanks given by:
£130 fitted for a screen with a new trim with a guy local to my mate, unlikely you'll find much cheaper as the screen itself is £100.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Well mine came in at under £100 with trim fitted and disposal!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe moving.... to Stroud! Anyone local? cpikey316_ 5 3,301 29-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: cpikey316_
  Local Garages/Mechanics Scott 77 52,984 29-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Last Post: td163
  welder local Just Sean 19 6,084 04-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Just Sean