New car time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New car time
(29-07-2013, 09:21 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: thsts it gonna get it sorted and get wrapped in clear as has ed want it mint gonna get buffer out over weekend and get some detailing done

Oh dear god, not another one!

lmao
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 09:21 PM)Curt Wrote: Yeah the newer shape is very nice, although they sound so bloody weird! Not in a nice way either... Wasn't that dyno miles out though? Surely a bit much for a FWD?! Undecided

I prefere these to newer ones iv always been a fan of 'phat' cars low and wide like the 306 tbh

(29-07-2013, 09:22 PM)Curt Wrote:
(29-07-2013, 09:21 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: thsts it gonna get it sorted and get wrapped in clear as has ed want it mint gonna get buffer out over weekend and get some detailing done

Oh dear god, not another one!

lmao

Yup I am a freak when it comes to detailing stuff the last derv wasnt worth the cleanin kit comin out haha
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I actually went and test drove a Megane RS250 today, and from inside the cabin the noise was actually pretty awesome. It was a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde car, in that I drove it quietly around for a little bit and it was very comfortable and easy to drive, then you can put your foot down and it's like being in a different car.

On the whole though, compared to the R26 though it was a little dull. I put my foot to the floor expecting to be countering for torque steer but it was pretty tame in all honesty. Yes, the acceleration was impressive but it actually felt a little like a GTi-6 in that it's easy to just stick your foot to the floor and watch the needle go round. It felt quick, but didn't have the wow factor that I got from driving Ed's stage 1 R26. I know the looks aren't to everyone's taste but I certainly wouldn't say a face lift justifies the extra £10k you'd pay to get an RS250 compared to an R26. There was the satnav option which was nice (built in Tom-Tom with speed camera detection), and dual climate control, but I just don't feel like it would justify the expense (for me at least). Unfortunately there were no 265 Trophies there today so I didn't get to try one.
Thanks given by:
I know what you mean I just wanted something reasonable on fuel that I like the look of and isnt a basr model and is rare as theyre arnt many of these at all in my area everyones now got 306s here and a3's lol too common now lol
Thanks given by:
Completely understandable, you don't see many of them on the road at all! I'd be interested to see how it compares once it's been mapped Smile
Thanks given by:
Hopefully be done in a few weeks pal spent some of the budget so gota save a week or so lol should go to 225 but more interested in the torque Smile
Thanks given by:
f*ck me these can be thrown about Smile 4 wheel difting in the morning wakes you up haha
Thanks given by:
Glad you enjoying it mate, looks great!

Just keep it on the Tarmac, get used to it. Then kick the f*ck out of it Smile

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
they are fun, I find the steering a bit vague though and the back often wiggles a bit too much over kinked crests.
a blast tho
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Am I the only one who's surprised ed hasn't piped up yet? lol

Looks nice though mate, liking the sound of your ninja plans regarding an xud in "something" Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2013, 08:04 AM)Piggy Wrote: they are fun, I find the steering a bit vague though and the back often wiggles a bit too much over kinked crests.
a blast tho

Confused Complains about lively rear end....drives 306?!

Can't comment on how they go, as I've only ever been in a pov-spec diesel as a passenger. Been in the new shape Meganne too (again pov-spec, can you tell these are hire cars?!) and thought the older one had a better interior than the new one.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2013, 07:32 AM)jammapic Wrote: Glad you enjoying it mate, looks great!

Just keep it on the Tarmac, get used to it. Then kick the f*ck out of it Smile

JP

Yeah was bit scary this morning calmed me down a bit tbh need to get used to the handling before givin it a good thrash specially in the wet am off from friday til wednesday will pop n show ya cos I wanna hear these jenveys Smile

(30-07-2013, 08:55 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Am I the only one who's surprised ed hasn't piped up yet? lol

Looks nice though mate, liking the sound of your ninja plans regarding an xud in "something" Big Grin

Well he ignored my posts in his threads so not suprised tbh lol

Yea its not a pug either what u got planned haha ssshhhh Smile

(30-07-2013, 08:57 AM)C.A.R. Wrote:
(30-07-2013, 08:04 AM)Piggy Wrote: they are fun, I find the steering a bit vague though and the back often wiggles a bit too much over kinked crests.
a blast tho

Confused Complains about lively rear end....drives 306?!

Can't comment on how they go, as I've only ever been in a pov-spec diesel as a passenger. Been in the new shape Meganne too (again pov-spec, can you tell these are hire cars?!) and thought the older one had a better interior than the new one.

Tis a bit sketchy but the back tyres are just above legal so could explain it and the fact it was wet and greasy lol
Thanks given by:
I'm away this weekend mate - but you should definitely pop over early next week and show me! I have some no smoke no poke stickers for you Smile

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2013, 10:13 AM)jammapic Wrote: I'm away this weekend mate - but you should definitely pop over early next week and show me! I have some no smoke no poke stickers for you Smile

JP

Buzzin mate yea got it booked in momday for remap so will pop up between monday and wed Smile and nice one pal Smile
Thanks given by:
Spent a full day cleaning heres some pictures after clay bar, 3 stage buff and wax

[Image: 20130802_150656.jpg]

[Image: 2013-08-03111910.png]

[Image: 2013-08-04104633.png]

[Image: 2013-08-03191913.png]

[Image: 2013-08-04105138.png]

[Image: 2013-08-04105236.png]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Dpf removal, Decat and remap monday now rather than just a map
Thanks given by:
Win! When's the bigger turbo coming? Wink
Thanks given by:
Got to look at which ive got and then look into hybrid version, uprated injectors uprated fmic and see where from there haha just cant help maself but will be a while before then these things are costly to modify unlike a 306 which can be done for pennies, got the black 306 from 90 up to 169.9bhp for less than 200 lol this should be 225ish after map, but hoping I get a noise change from exhaust after decat, can hear turbo atm but want it bit louder
Thanks given by:
Yeah they're a world apart for some things, unfortunately as they're all electronic you end up paying a fair amount of mods because you have to pay for a remap afterwards. Some things though aren't all that much more expensive than what you'd pay for 306 parts (if you were buying brand new rather than second hand), e.g. KTEC exhausts are under £500 which is comparable to a Scorpion or Longlife.
Thanks given by:
Yes thats true I really want a full stainless with just a backbox with some grunty sound to it, never heard a modified one hoping the decat makes a difference, well it will stop and dpf problems

And as a true renault it flagged up an engine fault the other night givin it some beans but switch off and on and was fine plugging in monday to see what it was im thinking maybe cos its been sat for 3 months just something or nothin

Although it was self serviced so probs not done fuel filter lol

Also forgot to mention had nitrogen gas in tyre pretty impressive kit sucks all air out and replaces with nitrogen and can actually tell a difference feels much smoother and bumps and potholes not as noticable

[Image: 20130802_145209.jpg]

[Image: 20130802_145401.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks extremely nice now its detailed Big Grin

So not read though this all, what engine is this? i though they was all petrol's.

Thanks given by:
Yeah looks much better trying to blag my mate to use his 400quid wax he valets Bentleys n ferraris n shit but wont let me near it haha

Found few imperfections in areas and signs of spraying but a full flat when front bumpers and rear arches are resprayed will be done and then wrapped front bumper and stone chip areas Smile

Its a 2.0 DCi not sure of turbo but comes with FMIC which looks pretty evil behind bumper its 175bhp 265lb-ft torque 0-60 8 seconds top speed of 137 all book figuires id say has much more top end lol

Having the dpf removed and de cat pipe put on Monday to save any future dpf problems as most diesels have these days and can be costly to sort unless removed

Then haveing a custom mapp done without rolling road just to see what we can go for not going to be maxing out until have uprated bits like fmic n stuff yet but ordering panel filter and should make a substancial difference
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 12:56 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: 175bhp 265lb-ft torque 0-60 8 seconds

Is that all? You could have bought mine for half what you paid for the Meg, and mine's not a girl's car lol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah but with a simple map will be 225bhp and 300+ lb-ft which you cant get Tongue well not reliably anyway haha and 50mpg Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 01:10 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Yeah but with a simple map will be 225bhp and 300+ lb-ft which you cant get Tongue well not reliably anyway haha and 50mpg Smile

Yer but veg etc etc. 45mpg on £1/L still beats your girly car.

I bet for what you pay for a map I could hit 225bhp. Briefly. Until one of many components shits itself. Would be great to be all "told you so" though lmao
Thanks given by:
150quid?
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 01:16 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: 150quid?

Actually fair play, that's a decent price. Assumed it would be around the £400 mark which could have got me a spare head to port, associated pipework, a donor pump and a good old fashioned giant blower.

You car's still girly though.
Thanks given by:
Not a girl drivin it tho ha I make it manly lol, yeah my mates doin a good price for me but goong for decat which is an additional 150 but worth it as stops any future dpf problems lol not bad 225 for 150 nicker tho lol
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 12:56 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Yeah looks much better trying to blag my mate to use his 400quid wax he valets Bentleys n ferraris n shit but wont let me near it haha

Found few imperfections in areas and signs of spraying but a full flat when front bumpers and rear arches are resprayed will be done and then wrapped front bumper and stone chip areas Smile

Its a 2.0 DCi not sure of turbo but comes with FMIC which looks pretty evil behind bumper its 175bhp 265lb-ft torque 0-60 8 seconds top speed of 137 all book figuires id say has much more top end lol

Having the dpf removed and de cat pipe put on Monday to save any future dpf problems as most diesels have these days and can be costly to sort unless removed

Then haveing a custom mapp done without rolling road just to see what we can go for not going to be maxing out until have uprated bits like fmic n stuff yet but ordering panel filter and should make a substancial difference

Is it not a mot fail then with the dpf removed?? seen lots of the newer cars having them removed but would have though it being a fail??

Will the clutch take the 300ftlbs? carnt imagine what that would feel like driving it compered to my 70ftlbs lol

Thanks given by:
Saw one of these today and he was having a play with a m3. For a diesel, it sounded bloody nice!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I dont know about mot but that shudnt be a problem Wink

The clutches are fine to over 400 lb-ft apparently Smile

(04-08-2013, 03:50 PM)Niall Wrote: Saw one of these today and he was having a play with a m3. For a diesel, it sounded bloody nice!!

Must have had decat as mine doesnt sound much yet can hear a nice rasp but want more
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hammer time ... no wait MOT time, err same thing! Megamonkey 13 13,499 19-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Megamonkey