Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)
Rofl

cable ties do the rest.

is it electric DD? so wiring them in?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2013, 07:53 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(21-10-2013, 07:46 PM)puglove Wrote: So can you only get one bolt in then chris?

But if you use an M24 bolt, instead of 4 M6 ones, 4x6=24, therefore it's 4x as strong and you only need one /dumdummaths

lmao
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2013, 07:46 PM)puglove Wrote: So can you only get one bolt in then chris?

But if you use an M24 bolt, instead of 4 M6 ones, 4x6=24, therefore it's 4x as strong and you only need one /dumdummaths

Hmm very good point!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:

lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Lol Jonny. lol

They do look awesome, much better suited to properly proportioned people. They're manual piggy, electric ones have smaller buttons than that lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So for the benefit of Puggy this is my 3" tight 90* bend for my down pipe. Its sitting on top of a nice small flexi

So as I was going to do my beam today I ordered some shiny braided hoses and also some copper brake pipe and nipples along with a flaring tool as I was wholly confident in my ability to break the existing hoses.

So I realised that I only have 1 jack I realised I could support the beam as it came off on 4 axle stands. I hooked a couple of bottles up to catch the brake fluid so I wasn't gonna lie in puddles of it. Took me just 2 hours to get the beam off withoug breaking anything (except the fuel tank heat shield).

While the beam and exhaust and all the other crap was off I cracked out the waxoyl. I'm happy that my NSR arch doesn't appear to have a rust hole in it and its now caked in waxoyl as is every bit of metal I could see from the fuel tank back.

And finally after 4 hours of swapping bits over between the beams I got the new beam on the car (again with the help of 4 axle stands) and somehow I didn't need to make any new brake pipes.

Tomorrow will bring fitting new pads and discs, making a mid box back box, putting everything back together, fitting the front braided hoses, bleeding the whole system through with 5.1 fluid and getting my 2 new tyres put on then hopefully having enough time for a wash, pics and a test drive.
Thanks given by:
You're mechanical skills are bounding along now Chris [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 08:07 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: You're mechanical skills are bounding along now Chris [THUMBS UP SIGN]

*Your lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Well, he is a professional
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 08:16 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(23-10-2013, 08:07 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: You're mechanical skills are bounding along now Chris [THUMBS UP SIGN]

*Your lol

Gayphone predictive text..FAIL

User spell check..FAIL

lmao

Thanks given by:
you got same braided hoses as me...

did you have to make up some washers/clips to make them fit on the beam? I did Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 08:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: you got same braided hoses as me...

did you have to make up some washers/clips to make them fit on the beam? I did Undecided

Yes and no, I have used washers but I haven't done a good job of it so I might well redo them tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Be good to see those seats go in, look totally boss. shame about the weight. Do you really need a passenger one?
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 08:53 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Be good to see those seats go in, look totally boss. shame about the weight. Do you really need a passenger one?

Cheers mate, it'll look a bit silly without both seats as its not getting stripped and I lift share to work so need the seats on the days I do drive. Also I'm really not too bothered about the weight of this car, it already weighs a stupid amount and its only going one way with the mods
Thanks given by:
1750kg bus for the win
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 09:01 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Also I'm really not too bothered about the weight of this car, it already weighs a stupid amount and its only going one way with the mods

All the extra CC's helping to haul it along? Tongue

Thanks given by:
All the extra CCs to weigh it down more like.
Thanks given by:
Rofl

Looks lovely underneath there man, those brake hoses are a pita to secure, ended up using a couple of nuts and several e-clips to sort fozzy's until he can make a proper fixing. Confused
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Is that the spray can waxoyl? I found the brush on non-drip stuff to go on really well with little/no mess

[Image: image_zpsd482cff6.jpg]

[Image: image_zpsa1137bfb.jpg]

[Image: image_zps607d00f5.jpg]

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 09:15 AM)Poodle Wrote: Looks lovely underneath there man, those brake hoses are a pita to secure, ended up using a couple of nuts and several e-clips to sort fozzy's until he can make a proper fixing. Confused
Yeah I think there is enough thread left between the nipples when they are tight to get a washer either side of the bracket to hold them in place.

(24-10-2013, 09:19 AM)Grant Wrote: Is that the spray can waxoyl? I found the brush on non-drip stuff to go on really well with little/no mess
Yeah its the trigger spray cos the aerosols really are terrible. I prefer it to the brush on as its easier to get into gaps even if its not quite so pretty.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough dude. Although, y'know you can buy smaller paintbrushes right? Wink

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah but the trigger spray fires through gaps like above the fuel tank and also has an adaptor so you can do the inside of the box sections
Thanks given by:
But bigger is better right?
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 09:34 AM)Just Sean Wrote: But bigger is better right?

Thats what your *insert female relative* said.

Anyway rear end is back together and bleed up, just about to go out and do the fronts.
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 09:30 AM)Grant Wrote: Fair enough dude. Although, y'know you can buy smaller paintbrushes right? Wink

lol I can just imagine Chris perusing the bay of e for hours on end looking for the biggest paintbrush possible!

Thanks given by:
Very nice, since you're making all this effort to protect it I assume you're going to be keeping this one for a couple more weeks?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
So I improved on my previous attempts at mid box back boxes. I cut the strap holding the hangar off the original box and then stuffed a mid box inside it then used a large jubilee clip to hold it together. To finish it off I added the down turned tip off the old box

While I wasn't going anywhere and it was sunny and relatively warm I decided to give the front grille a quick blow over to match the rest of the car, its not the worlds best job but then I didn't sand it or clean it before painting lol.

For the second time since I've lived here I've dropped a car off axle stands. I really need to start working up and down the hill rather than across it. Fortunately no damage to the car.

And here she is sitting pretty on her 6 beam. Its turned out at a 60mm drop (it was 40mm on the 6) but I'm tempted to drop her another 20mm.

Its been a long day with the threads in the hubs being a little rusty and the screws in the disc not wanting to come out coupled with having no sharp drill bits. Didn't get a chance to do the front braided hoses and one of my hand brake cables has come up miles too short and the other really long so I've spent £20 on a new pair of Pagid ones from ECP.

Hopefully just a couple of hours work tomorrow morning and I can set about cleaning the car.
Thanks given by:
Looks sweet mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Actually looks pretty smart!
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 04:53 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(24-10-2013, 09:30 AM)Grant Wrote: Fair enough dude. Although, y'know you can buy smaller paintbrushes right? Wink
lol I can just imagine Chris perusing the bay of e for hours on end looking for the biggest paintbrush possible!
You wouldn't believe me if I said most of my brushes are quite small.

(24-10-2013, 05:13 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Very nice, since you're making all this effort to protect it I assume you're going to be keeping this one for a couple more weeks?
Yeah, hoping to keep it pretty long term. Already up to 4 months with no plans to get rid and shes definitely staying till 250k (unless its REALLY bad news at the MOT)

(24-10-2013, 05:45 PM)Curt Wrote: Looks sweet mate Smile
Cheers mate.

(24-10-2013, 05:49 PM)vlj Wrote: Actually looks pretty smart!
Cheers dude, can't wait to drive it but once this is done and shes MOT'd she will be ready for the 2.2 lump and then I'll be a very happy bunny
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage1 to 3? Because stage2 is for pussies..now with pics for added goodness toseland 49 30,506 31-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: toseland
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 352,837 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 156,212 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum