Mark's smoothed 306 with added extras.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark's smoothed 306 with added extras.
Once we get enough comments it will move on to the second page and you guys wont have to worry about it. Or get faster internet lol.

This weekend is MOT time for the car once again. Might take the rear bumper up and fit it with Kris along with a new drivers wheel bearing.

Bought a another Ariane alloy so will get that painted and swap it for the curbed one, and put that one under the car as a spare. Just need to get a new spare wheel cage.

Still on the look out for new front and rear speakers.
Thanks given by:
New Arianne has arrived.

Will take it off to the painters soon.

Might get the Superturismo's done at the same time. Just not sure if I want them in white.

[Image: 27be4f22.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wow thats a massive amount of work! Didn't like it through the chavvy stages, but now looks great!
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate. New bumper for the rear? Standard smoothed one?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
yea a smoothed standard rear bumper.
Thanks given by:
Will look awesome once it's got the smoothed rear bumper on, it's taken a lot of development, and trial and error, but it'll be spot on then!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
wow all i can say is 100% mate for the hard work. wouldnt think that is what it use to look like when you got it totally different car
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
MOT passed.

No advisories, just a straight pass. Going to get some new front brake lines.

In the process of looking for helper springs and softer springs.

Rear smoothed bumper is on, short shift is sorted and the car is driving much better.
Thanks given by:
So here's te finished article.

[Image: 8eae15e4.jpg]

[Image: 887cf353.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So managed to change my standard rear speakers for my Alpine front speakers.

Took a bit of cutting of the standard speaker suround and then figuring out the wires. But I got them in.

Started on the fronts but only managed to do the drives side, I need to take the door card off again and figure out why the door cards dont fit quite right.

Hopefully will get this all sorted after xmas.
Thanks given by:
Glad you got the speakers in. Sorry I wasn't that helpful when you sent me that message. I was off my tits at the time. Only realised you had even sent it to me when I saw the email the next morning lol.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thats cool I have not wired in the tweeters yet as mine are a bit worse for wear. So have bought some new ones.

The rear ones have gone quite after putting in the one new front one, will havd to see if that changes when the other front on goes in.
Thanks given by:
So before Xmas I did my component speakers into the rear parcel shelf and was very pleased.
I then started sound deadening the front of the car so started with the drivers door. Had a few problems with the opening catch of the door so on Tuesday I sorted that fitted it all back together and cracked on with the passenger.

Now I have brand you alpine component speakers upfront along with some good sound deadening.

I have two sheets of dynamat left so will be using them somewhere and today my new front brake lines have arrive.

[Image: 875263f4.jpg]

Forgot to get pics of the finished sound deadening on the front doors.

So just need to sort out the leaking sump and get the lines fitted.
Thanks given by:
LOL i had a package with the same return address turn up this morning too.
Thanks given by:
Wow doesnt even sum this up. Such a huge change! Love it mate
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
So today, went up to Kris's, met EA Cruise and saw his cool car again.

Kris went about finding my starting problem, turned out to be a faulty pipe letting air in as we guessed.

Then he went onto fitting the braided front brake lines (thanks swampy).

While kris was doing this I was fitting the Alpine power ampilfier to the back of the head unit bit of a tight squeeze but it all went in.
Does make a difference too speakers are much better now.

Also had a bit of a surprise with the boot popping itself open on the A3m on the way home.

Also test fitted some alloys, cyclone only just touch the calipers, so would need to run spaces, but my ET15 16' Superturismo's fit really well.
Thanks given by:
Nothing special just the braided lines.

[Image: c980baef.jpg]

[Image: c9faeaed.jpg]

Also bought my Fuchs 5w40 oil for the service, most likely after Jan.
Thanks given by:
So currently having a small problem with starting the car.

If its left for more than 7hrs the car will turn over but wont fire. But all I have to do to get it to start is keep pumping the accelerator or even easier get out and pump the priming bulb a few times then it fires up first time.

We thought we had fixed it last Friday as there was a point where it looked like air was getting into the fuel but did not solve the problem.

Anyone got any ideas? We have a few but always good to hear others, might lead to a quick fix.

Anytime before the 7hrs the car just starts first time like normal no problems.
Thanks given by:
It definitely sounds like air getting in and making the fuel trickle back to the tank, so if it were me, id still be looking for a air leak or the one way valve in the grenade is fecked
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thats what Kris thought of the bulb is fecked. Right just need to go buy one now.
Thanks given by:
So went to see Kris's today to see if we could figure out the starting problem. We have come to the conclusion that air is getting in somewhere, but we can't find it, so we think there might be a problem with the pump. As I said before it only happens if the car has been sat for 6-7hrs plus. Anytime before this the car starts fine.

So after that we did a quick service changed the oil.
[Image: 7ad76d41.jpg]

Changed the oil and fuel filter, then realised we forgot to other main thing we were suppose to be working on, the sump.

So we quickly wipped off the sump, had a bit of a problem with an alternator bracket, but a quick bit of drilling and a smack with the hammer and it was removed and the sump came off. Cleaned up, re siliconed and re fitted.

Car feels much smoother to drive now which is great. Looks like it might be new pump time, more mod and newer seals.

Also fitted this too.
[Image: 41f69dbb.jpg]
Thanks given by:
New bit of engine bay tarting up.

Painted the slam panel, and the oil reservoir.

[Image: a6f5088e.jpg]

[Image: 5c540f5d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Painted the PAS reservoir? How do you see how much you have in there? Lol

But yeah looking good :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
open the lid lol.
Thanks given by:
Pompey306mark Wrote:open the lid lol.
Whatevs trevs

Give the poor girl a wash!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Will do tomoorrow as I will have job interviews after that.
Thanks given by:
So today i put the front end back together.

[Image: cf2e8295.jpg]

[Image: 8f2b6d4a.jpg]

[Image: b9a12621.jpg]

[Image: 6c035bec.jpg]

Then a quick clean so it looks nice for the interviews. It must be freezing out side even though it does not feel like it, I have to grit my driveway and walk way to the house after as it had all turned to very slippery ice.

[Image: 493a2e22.jpg]

[Image: 12800a07.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Where did you get your battery cover from mate?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Where did you get your battery cover from mate?

Iirc it's the standard one, just painted
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Could I get one from pug? I want one for mine!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marky Mark's Astor 6 mackat 106 30,331 05-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Last Post: mackat
Wink Mark's White Phase 1 XUD Project MarkHam 13 4,827 11-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Last Post: anto