Mark's smoothed 306 with added extras.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark's smoothed 306 with added extras.
Ah yeah you've got 4 pots ain't ya?!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yep, big light weight 4 pots. Will fit with 11mm spacers I believe but car would be too low with them on.
Thanks given by:
How much did you pay for them? I'm considering some 4pots at some point soon. I'm not happy with how slowly the standard gti brakes stop you tbh.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I think it was £250 inc pads and discs off eBay.

Discs are still on the car I bought a set on Mintex 1144 as I did not like the look of the ones I got in the sale. Now running Mintex 1155.
Thanks given by:
Brand new over £800, but have seen three sets in eBay since I bought these.
Thanks given by:
Nah mate, worth keepin the brakes. Just incase, you know....
Safety first and all that!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:I'm not happy with how slowly the standard gti brakes stop you tbh.
Don't let ed hear you say that!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pics from FCS.

[Image: Picture032-7.jpg]
[Image: Picture013-14.jpg]
[Image: Picture014-14.jpg]
[Image: Picture030-7.jpg]
[Image: Picture031-8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
been repainted again?
Thanks given by:
not re painted.
Thanks given by:
Day off today so went for a drive and took so pics. Have played around with them a bit not sure if I made them better or worse.

[Image: 3-1.jpg]
[Image: 4-1.jpg]
[Image: 1-1.jpg]
[Image: 2-2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So spent saturday at Kris's. Fixed the boot popper, turned out to be the swtich. The only thing I forgot to check.

So now the boot opens which is good. Turned the boost up so now I get 25 psi max, though tends to hold steady at 21.

Also had a play with the timing and the top of the pump. Its been a while since we had a play around as I have wanted the engine to live a while since I was without a car for a few months.
But now we have clutch slip, and it feels much more responsive.

I have been doing some research on VNT's and controlling them mechanically, also been looking at different turbo's. But really need to sit down and have a look at what can be done and reliably. As this is my only car and it would be nice to not have to have problems with it all the time after making it better.

Will need a better clutch, I know JP is going for something crazy and Darren had an uprated one with is good on his car. Wouldn't mind hearing about the day to day driveablity of these clutches.

If all goes to plan,(which we all know it wont) I should be getting another rebate from the tax man, along with a nice electric bike from work which I will sell. To get a set of Forged Con Rods.

Then the real research begins on getting more from the pump, and the a different more efficent turbo. I would be interested in hearing thoughts on turbos, I would like to twin turbo it as the supercharger and tri charging has been done.
Thanks given by:
As for the clutch, strictlyderv is going for a paddle clutch. That should hold a decent power band; he's going to be around the 180 area. Could be an option.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
In terms of clutchs, ive ran a CG paddle for the last 2 years, without issues, although is is showing signs of serious raping / wear, but still works good atm...for what you pay, you get a decent clutch I guess, and will hold pretty major torque all day long once warmed up...I wanted to upgrade it ideally, but simply didnt have the money, but it will hold most things you can throw at it for a decent ammount of time...

With turbos, if you planning on going twins, id probs avoid a VNT AND twins, more of a vnt OR twins imo, which is fairly contradicting I know given I have two, and one is a VNT, but if you havent played with VNT's very much, you will have lots of lessons / fun getting them setup right, and plunging straight into a twin turbo setup AND a vnt benig on of them, could proove a bit of a nitemare....but then, if you like a challenge, go for it, would depend what kinda twin system you would be running (compounded / sequential)...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yea I have been looking into the type of setups but not sure what would work best. I have a number of thread on mechanically controlled vnts and it does look to have issues and getting them set up correctly.

Which clutch were you looking to upgrade to? How are you controlling your vnt? With the new engine there must be sensors for you to set it up electronically?

On your old setup you had turbo flowing into supercharger right. Like I had planned though I think you are using a bigger turbo than what I was looking at at the time.
Thanks given by:
After all the horrible dusty rain the past few days. I decided since the weather was nice to first stain the decking since I have been meaning to do it for weeks, then gave the car a good clean.

Well apart from the alloys lol.

[Image: 4a706e6a.jpg]
[Image: b9fafd7e.jpg]

Need to fix the drivers door card and get the new wing mirrors out, also roof liner is coming out, even through I used that good high temp glue the rear of the material has come away from the liner.
Thanks given by:
Looking good mark, but it'd look stunning if you spent more time cleaning it, eg giving it some form of vinyl treatment and a shit lod of waxing. Same with the wheels.

Some number plate frames would look good too.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
i think my wheels would look good on yours mark.

then i can have yours.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So bothing special, with the loss of my job I doubt I will be much til find a new one.

But today with the weather looking like its about to rain I decided it was a good time to wash the car. Even though it's going to get dirty on the way up to ace tomorrow.

Even had time to do something I have not done in ages wax the car. Did some research and found that people had used meguiars NXT 2.0 Tech Wax 2.0 on vinyl cars. So gave it ago, here is the results.

First right hand side with wax, left without:
[Image: a7d4ffc7.jpg]
[Image: 0812c145.jpg]
Not sure if there is much of a difference, but maybe a bit.

[Image: 44675918.jpg]
[Image: c2c93d1c.jpg]
[Image: c895750f.jpg]
[Image: e46a80dd.jpg]
[Image: 36d19481.jpg]

Need to do the wheels, that will be tomorrow now as a massive black cloud is moving over head.
Thanks given by:
Nothing interesting money dictates everything I do at the moment.

Can't wait to get a job and get back on track with a few things. I have removed the sagging roofliner and looking at different routes with that.

Changed the engine bay a bit.

[Image: 30db78a8.jpg]
[Image: 40537650.jpg]

On Saturday the car decided to throw a fit mid corner while joining the M27. Went to put my foot down mid corner but no response. Pulled over looked through everything, could not find the reason.

Called AA, looked through everything again, just would not fire. Grabbed a bit of cable went from battery to pump, and it started. Looking a bit close the wire to the stop solenoid had snapped, so a quick bit of rewiring and I was back on my way.
Thanks given by:
Still jobless almost two months now. So basically not spending any money unless I really need to.

Got a few quid for helping Anglepoise so decided I needed to redo the roof lining, as it has been sat in the garage since the new batman film came out.

[Image: 28B490B4-3CAD-42DF-AA2A-4319B358E8F7-842...745E7F.jpg]

Just need to sort out the bits around the edges and hope it sticks this time.
Thanks given by:
First time i have seen this.. Looks mean.. Love the rear end!!! Good work!!
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
Right came up to kris's to have a service and sort out a few issues.

Fitted the roof lining, and also did the B pillar in black like the front ones. Just need to find a new light fitting and handles for the roof.

[Image: E47A5275-5E38-4951-92A8-ADA69D0F45A8-781...92db88.jpg]
[Image: DC6DE212-B29D-4663-AB3E-03DCE2F81FC7-781...aef1c7.jpg]
[Image: 1BF78212-7811-4CAE-901D-FAF3DEBBD367-781...db4485.jpg]
[Image: 220AD52C-D3B6-44B6-9077-DE928FBB5C69-781...cfe1c0.jpg]

Sorted quick shift, that now feels much smoother.
Thanks given by:
I'm really intregued as to where all your oil went! It leaks but not that bad!!
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Maybe it is using it?

No idea.

Car only did not selector 1st once. And 3rd when speeding around a roundabout.
Thanks given by:
Bored while waiting in the van to go to earls court so tried out the new panoramic camera on the new iOS6.

[Image: F193FADC-3F37-45AE-99EB-F50D0630E608-466...2b52a1.jpg]
[Image: 2AFC14CD-B705-43D4-A21F-1727DE8B8883-466...f6f643.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So got a bit annoyed with my vinyl centre console so ripped it out to try again both times so gave in and just painted it.

I am a little worried by the halfords paint mixing team as I asked them to mix me up some sigma. Using the same code as before. But when I painted it, we'll the results are below.

[Image: 04CDC3A8-E4FC-4323-A9D4-3BA26901EAF4-118...3E46B9.jpg]

Also fitted my black cabby sun visors.

[Image: D20F0FCF-529A-4BAD-B2DD-9AD4E7E87525-118...40F97F.jpg]
[Image: 9A5613BF-E11F-47C5-8D0E-E7A45A456799-118...1EDCC5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
By sigma did you mean dark purple? Lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
....and all those people who hated me for trying to say that "no where" makes decent sigma paint. Haterzgonnahate. Anywho, really like the roof linking, very smart.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Ginge the sigma you gave me was good, and when I got it from Chichester many meets ago it was sigma. I did side skirts and mirror caps, and it was spot on. I think the guy mixed it wrong in the portsmouth branch lol.

I like it though.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marky Mark's Astor 6 mackat 106 30,335 05-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Last Post: mackat
Wink Mark's White Phase 1 XUD Project MarkHam 13 4,829 11-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Last Post: anto