Raceland Coilovers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland Coilovers
Just wondering has anyone used these in a 306 before? Good quality?
[Image: DSC_0054.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes, lots of people. As for quality... they're very much budget coilovers, they do the job, but they're never going to be described as "good" quality.

Some people find them harsh, others too soft, depends what spring rates you get. Although you can get different springs.

If you want cheap lowering and adjustable ride height, go for it. If you want handling and ride quality, spend more money. If you're not bothered about adjustability, probably better served with shocks and springs.
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2013, 04:18 PM)Curt Wrote: Yes, lots of people. As for quality... they're very much budget coilovers, they do the job, but they're never going to be described as "good" quality.

Some people find them harsh, others too soft, depends what spring rates you get. Although you can get different springs.

If you want cheap lowering and adjustable ride height, go for it. If you want handling and ride quality, spend more money. If you're not bothered about adjustability, probably better served with shocks and springs.

Have springs in, and im happy enough with them Smile Got racelands for 70 euro though, which is bout 50 pounds?? i think..... Anyways there hardly used so i'm hapy enough, just to put them in now Smile
[Image: DSC_0054.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had ta technics in mine which I believe are the same as racelands and I was impressed to be fair, very firm but not an issue really. For what they cost you cant go wrong imo. Although Curt is right you can always spend more for better, just depends on what you are after really.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I had a set of TA's and set of GAZ GHA's.

TA's were on for 3 years, enjoyed every drive with them, GHA's were on for 2 days, and hated it. one of the adjusters on the GHA's was f*cked, so possibly not setup right, but either way, bang for buck, cant go wrong, never leaked / seized or caused me and problems at all!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Very mixed reviews here lol

iv had 2 sets of TAs and 1 set of racelands. Race lands leaked on both sides due to bottoming out the the time , had 1 ta go on one side. Again i assume to bottoming out all the time. Bang for buck they are okish. But on a1.8/1;9/2.0/ derv or perv id recomend getting to some higher LB main springs. Make a hell of a difference and in my experience stops them bottomimg out and leaking.

But that said , a good set or even a mid range set are in a whope other leuage IMO. (currently own a mid range set of APs ) just soooo much better.

Exscuse the spelling , old phone very hard to use on the forum and VERY tiered lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Don't get me wrong, they serve a purpose and can't really go wrong for the money... But it's still down to what you need. I had them on the '6 and it was fine as a daily, if very hard. I ran mine pretty low.

Would I describe them as good quality... No.
Thanks given by:
Decent enough coilover although you cant get them new anymore, can be a wee bit bouncy compared to other budgets, good for the money though.
Thanks given by:
Had my ta for 3 years hard as nails but pretty good as good as my spax adjustable shocks if not better.

Driven in anger at Snetterton, handled amazingly
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: