Car parks *facepalm*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car parks *facepalm*
(20-06-2013, 09:13 AM)PE02KHG Wrote: As far as i know theyre priority parking not parent and todler only parking same as disabled unless theres a sign saying you need a badge. And criminal damage etc just because you have to walk slightly further, which takes how much time in reality? A few seconds? Bit over the top isnt it? Get the little one a coat then you wont have to worry.

Itwasntme

It teaches them a very valuable life lesson. If they're parking in specially widened bays that are put there in consideration of those with low mobility, or prams, or car seats, or whatever, just to avoid getting their car pranged or because they're lazy, it's nice to remind them that these spaces don't guarantee their safety.

Anyway it's not criminal damage, it was an accident.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 08:21 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: I had to park up in a supermarket a few months ago, all the parent and child spaces gone, eventually found a space. Came back to the car and a VW Golf had parked next to me using a fag paper as a guide for adequate space. Sadly I couldn't get the child seat in the car. I had to force my door open to get in.

I feel ashamed of the next bit. Cos it was such a squeeze I decided I'd really whack the scabby old Golf with my car door to try and dent it.

Only it backfired.

Dented my door instead.

Golfs are tough.

Haha! lol

Golfs are surprisingly wide after driving 306s, and do seem to take up a lot of space, especially where spaces are small (ASDA seem to be particularly tight on their spaces), although not quite as wide, or long, as the Vec....and its not until you drive a wider car you realise why they seem to park close.

But when you drive cars that aren't made of tinfoil you tend to not care about carpark dents anyway. I park as close to the shop as I can (without taking disabled/parent spaces unless I have my Nan) usually in the tight spaces that other people don't want to try....and I haven't picked up any car park dents in Golfs (or Vectra)........however I did the same when I got back in the china HDi....looked like someone had been playing crazy golf against the doors when I got rid! lol

Also, when someone can't manage to park between the lines I make sure I let them know where the lines should be.... Wink It's just bloody inconsiderate to take up 1.2 spaces in a busy car park. Park near the back if you're too lazy to fit your vehicle in an allocated space!
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 08:40 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Don't know how English Law is on this actually, but in Scotland any marked disabled spaces on the roads aren't actually legally recognised. If you wanted to you could park in a disabled space and all anyone could do is get a bit huffy with you.

I believe this to be true, supermarket car parks are private property, UK road rules don't apply, you don't even have to stop at the stop signs they put up in them or at the zebra crossings. But of course we do because we aren't knobs.
Thanks given by:
UK road rules do apply if the carpark is accessable 24/7
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right, but i was talking about council spaces on the actual street, the boxed off ones. Think it was summed up a few posts back though about the difference between white and yellow spaces.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 09:13 AM)PE02KHG Wrote: As far as i know theyre priority parking not parent and todler only parking same as disabled unless theres a sign saying you need a badge. And criminal damage etc just because you have to walk slightly further, which takes how much time in reality? A few seconds? Bit over the top isnt it? Get the little one a coat then you wont have to worry.

no it aint over the top. have you ever seen your mrs struggle with a trolly and a screaming baby in her arms just because some tosser carnt be arsed to walk? like i said, i dont care what anyone says about what i do. and it aint about getting my lad a coat is it. its about wwankers parking in the wrong place. why dont these people get a coat and fucck off.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I agree that it's wrong, annoying, idiotic and selfish. But I also agree that vandalising someones car because someone is annoying is wrong. Just accept that there are twats in the world and move on.

Oh and I always park further away, there's nearly always someone next to me when I come out.
Thanks given by:
Next time I go to Tesco I'm gunna make sure I park sideways across two parent and toddler bays just for you kingy Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 10:39 AM)Curt Wrote: I agree that it's wrong, annoying, idiotic and selfish. But I also agree that vandalising someones car because someone is annoying is wrong. Just accept that there are twats in the world and move on

This, was probably a much bette way of putting it.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 01:25 PM)Matt Wrote: Next time I go to Tesco I'm gunna make sure I park sideways across two parent and toddler bays just for you kingy Wink

You da man dude.
Thanks given by:
I know right, hard to be more awesome than me. Hopefully I can get a toddler and a disabled next to each other, so can really take advantage of the spaces
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 03:11 PM)Matt Wrote: I know right, hard to be more awesome than me. Hopefully I can get a toddler and a disabled next to each other, so can really take advantage of the spaces

That makes you a TOTAL tosser then.
Thanks given by:
lmao that's me
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 04:06 PM)Matt Wrote: lmao that's me

You probably need to take up that many spacers to accommodate for your big fat ass.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 10:39 AM)Curt Wrote: I agree that it's wrong, annoying, idiotic and selfish. But I also agree that vandalising someones car because someone is annoying is wrong. Just accept that there are twats in the world and move on.

Oh and I always park further away, there's nearly always someone next to me when I come out.

This. I always park as far away as possible, across two spaces if it's quiet and I'm being lazy, or just on the end of a row if not. But vandalism isn't okay in any circumstance. You guys ever thought of reporting it to a member of staff? Wonder what they'd do.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 05:41 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote:
(20-06-2013, 10:39 AM)Curt Wrote: I agree that it's wrong, annoying, idiotic and selfish. But I also agree that vandalising someones car because someone is annoying is wrong. Just accept that there are twats in the world and move on.

This. I always park as far away as possible, across two spaces if it's quiet and I'm being lazy, or just on the end of a row if not. But vandalism isn't okay in any circumstance. You guys ever thought of reporting it to a member of staff? Wonder what they'd do.

have done and they dont do nothing about it. as i said before, its when you see women struggleing with shopping and a baby that really gets my back up. and yet you still see lazy bastards taking their space.
anyway, i think ive said enough on this so im gonna leave it now.
everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 05:02 PM)kingy Wrote:

You probably need to take up that many spacers to accommodate for your big fat ass.

Dude no need for person insults its just banter... Jeez some people can't take a joke.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 08:22 PM)Matt Wrote:

Dude no need for person insults its just banter... Jeez some people can't take a joke.

Matt. I was joking mate. Oh by the way, I went to Donnington today and you lot left a right mess behind ya. Still bloody tidying up.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2013, 05:02 PM)kingy Wrote: You probably need to take up that many spacers to accommodate for your big fat ass.

You spelt arse wrong.

Good job you live on the island or you might have a keyed car...
Thanks given by:
Thats how we say it in derby.
Thanks given by:
So Americanised Sad
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2013, 05:55 AM)Rich306 Wrote: So Americanised Sad

more like lazy cotton wool wrapped people!
Thanks given by:
Tbh if you're precious enough about your car that you feel justified in using disabled spaces, maybe you shouldn't be driving it as a daily. Saw some bloke in a chavved up E46 convertible cut across some old dear to take the last disabled space a couple of days back, stuck the wanker sign out the window when she flashed her lights at him, got out and strutted into the shop. I mean seriously, how do people get their heads that far up their own arses?? What kind of jumped-up, self-important prick thinks the maintained prettiness of their car is more important than some old lady's last shred of independence? Smashed his wing mirror off and stuck it into his roof, hope the lady garden cut himself on the sharp edges when he pulled it out.

(20-06-2013, 05:02 PM)kingy Wrote: You probably need to take up that many spacers to accommodate for your big fat ass.

Ooooo somebody hit a nerve lol!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
^^+1.
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2013, 10:04 AM)Poodle Wrote: Tbh if you're precious enough about your car that you feel justified in using disabled spaces, maybe you shouldn't be driving it as a daily. Saw some bloke in a chavved up E46 convertible cut across some old dear to take the last disabled space a couple of days back, stuck the wanker sign out the window when she flashed her lights at him, got out and strutted into the shop. I mean seriously, how do people get their heads that far up their own arses?? What kind of jumped-up, self-important prick thinks the maintained prettiness of their car is more important than some old lady's last shred of independence? Smashed his wing mirror off and stuck it into his roof, hope the lady garden cut himself on the sharp edges when he pulled it out.

Ooooo somebody hit a nerve lol!

Meh I dont give a shit, im the first to admit it lol. but can't have users actually throwing out personal insults in an aim to hurt someone
Thanks given by:
Mat. As ive said I was only joking with ya. I never went funny when you ssid about parking in 2 spots did I. Infact I went along with it and to be truthful I aint seen you since fcs last year so I dont know what build you have. I just got lucky thats all. See. Joking with ya. Chill ya beans mate.
Thanks given by:
Haha mate honestly I don't care. Just seemed you got abit pissy throughout this whole thread
Thanks given by:
Tbh it pisses me off when I see it happen but narh mate, aint getting pissy at all. Just watch where you park at fcs though.lol.
Thanks given by:
Haha won't be a fcs so...
Thanks given by:
Thank f*ck for that and all...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post