wastegate actuator .....problem?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wastegate actuator .....problem?
Right so I just realised my silicone hose to the actuator from my boost controller is split to the point its not doing anything,ill be fixing this tomoro at work
My questions are :

With no pipe will it be shut completely meaning full boost or will it creep easily and make less boost. I seem to have trouble getting more than 22 psi no matter how much fuel I give it, im just wondering if its been split for a while could this be why im struggling to up the boost.

Its a phase 1 dt with bosch t2 and fmic

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Good chance its wastegate creep, its quite a few years old now the spring won't be as strong as it used to be. Either that or the turbo is dying, mine wouldn't go higher than 20psi no matter what, checked it and it had loads of in/out play.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
My t2 CAN and has hit 30+ psi
So yeah probably something up

The pipe between the actuator on mine is blocked off with a bolt after the MBC shat itself and still hits decent boost
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well the wastegate won't open via boost if it's not feeding the actuator but it's also leaking so won't create as much boost. If you fix the leak and shorten the arm as much as possible then you should hit good pressures.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Ok I will see what happens once the leak is fixed looking for around 24 26 psi ish. Should make fair power with correct fuelling. Maybe 130 140 with tge fmic setup safely
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aluminium Actuator Brackets silverzx 11 2,680 13-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  T2 wastegate arm AdamInNi 4 1,364 02-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Dave
  welded wastegate help daveylennon93 16 3,787 31-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum