Another handling thread!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another handling thread!
Been trying to sort out my boat of a 306 Smile

Going to use nialls gti rear beam with my ap coilover set front and back. Also have some skf top mounts and looking for some adjustable droplinks! Anything else I could get to improve handling??

Maybe some solid baker beam mounts?? ..
Thanks given by:
Gti6 front anti roll bar?
Thanks given by:
Que Ed Doe!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2013, 08:58 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Gti6 front anti roll bar?

22mm jimbo?
Thanks given by:
Better lower arms, solid rear mounts. Bigger arb front and rear, bigger torsion bars. Better rear shocks if you did not get them with the coilovers. Xsara vts quick rack, lighter alloys, better tyres, bigger brakes will all improve the standard handling characteristics of a 306.
Thanks given by:
Think the one I have is 21mm. Not sure what a standard DT is but is defo smaller
Thanks given by:
Standard d turbo anti roll bar is 19mm.

Decent tyres will make a difference
Thanks given by:
decent tyres and bushes for the front arms.

defo for the 21mm gti front arb too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I use vibratechnics P bushes and power flex front bush (in the wish boned) makes a big difference.

But mark has hit the nial on the head above

and what top mounts are you using :S

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
You want a larger rear ARB before the front or you'll start introducing understeer into the car, Just use all the GTi or Xsara Bars and arms if you can, The Vibra T bush's last well from the testing I;ve done and solid mounts at the rear.
I;ve got a similar set up to this on mine, Abit with much better dampers and on the time clocks I'm faster than most FWD cars on Slicks
Thanks given by:
Do the solid rear links not eliminate the rear-steer somewhat? As that's the fun part of a 306, surely?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
They reduce the symptoms of the lift off oversteer. They make the back end more predictable, but also make the 'area' where you begin to lose 'it' more of a fine line lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
The front GTI roll bar is a sketchy one. Do you intend to run coilovers? Is it a track car? So many variables. PhilipM doesnt run a front roll bar and from what ive heard she goes well on a country road! I guess a good road setup is 21mm with hybrid arb on the rear (new mounts if they are nakkered) and a front end refresh with quality parts. If its a road car then B8s with Eibachs as well.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes I have coilies
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Estate handling mods Tabbiss 2 1,835 24-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Scary rear handling! plugy 11 4,128 15-06-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: plugy
  Dreadful Handling JTaylor2005 39 6,714 01-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Paul_13