Callums project(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callums project(s)
Oh yeah, forgot about those. I'll have a look on servicebox and see how much they come in at.
Thanks given by:
Yeah ill be investing in the 2bolt pulleys for my engine. Your very lucky valves didnt bend, but youve defferntly done it properly snapping the pulley.

How did you manaher to get the head of with the manifold? Did you drop the engine a bit?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 06:01 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Yeah ill be investing in the 2bolt pulleys for my engine. Your very lucky valves didnt bend, but youve defferntly done it properly snapping the pulley.

How did you manaher to get the head of with the manifold? Did you drop the engine a bit?

I kept the manifold on, f*ck trying to get all those bolts out haha. I dropped the engine, when it's as low as it'll go, I got a rope and tied it round the front of the car to hold it forward a bit, then there's just enough room to get it out. Just remember to take the heat shield off Smile

Can you send a cam pulley my way? And if yes, how much would you like for it?
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 06:09 PM)callumcull Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 06:01 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Yeah ill be investing in the 2bolt pulleys for my engine. Your very lucky valves didnt bend, but youve defferntly done it properly snapping the pulley.

I kept the manifold on, f*ck trying to get all those bolts out haha. I dropped the engine, when it's as low as it'll go, I got a rope and tied it round the front of the car to hold it forward a bit, then there's just enough room to get it out. Just remember to take the heat shield off Smile

Should be able to mate, I got 2 heads in car, ill pm you tomorrow hows £10 posted sound?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 06:18 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 06:09 PM)callumcull Wrote:

Should be able to mate, I got 2 heads in car, ill pm you tomorrow hows £10 posted sound?

Epic mate, pm me tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by:

Last night I towed the 6 up to a mates out building so I can work on it on Tuesday, as the weather is going to be proper shite apparently.
I've got a few things arriving at work tomorrow, and have to pick up the gaskets and seals from Peugeot on Tuesday morning. I'd also got the cam pulleys from cully, what a sound guy Inlove haha

So if all goes well, I'll have some bwaarps back Wink
Thanks given by:
Them pullies are prone to cracking like yours. Any that failed in the early days of the cars life were replaced under warranty by pug with the single bolt type when they did the repair work.
I would be checking all them valves. There is not a lot of room for error at all with the valves in these heads so id be surprised if there is no damage. My spare engine snapped on idle and it bent 4 valves.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 10:00 AM)Niall Wrote: Them pullies are prone to cracking like yours. Any that failed in the early days of the cars life were replaced under warranty by pug with the single bolt type when they did the repair work.
I would be checking all them valves. There is not a lot of room for error at all with the valves in these heads so id be surprised if there is no damage. My spare engine snapped on idle and it bent 4 valves.

I was thinking that before I took the head off, but remember my belt didn't snap, only slipped a few teeth. It was only when I was cranking the engine to take the bottom aux pulley off that the pulley properly fell apart. Luckily the pulley kinda snapped whilst still running, then fell to bits when I took it apart. Either way, I'll know on Tuesday and I'll post my success/miserable failings on here Wink
Thanks given by:
So, today's the day I rebuild the her. Wish me luck Big Grin
Thanks given by:
good luck! pictures and updates later if you'd be so kind Big Grin
Thanks given by:
good luck! will be awesome to see the beast live again!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Well, looks like there's another gti6 saved Big Grin

Absolutely no issues putting the head back on. On the first start it was tapping like f*ck, changed the timing a little and it sounds sweet! I don't remember it sounding this good, my previous thoughts of this being a tapper were right. The timing must have been slightly out.

I can't begin to explain how happy I am that I have her back, that and I've never taken a head off, rebuilt it or changed/timed a cambelt before, so not only do I have the gti back, I've gained a lot of experience.

As for photos, I don't have that many as i was too focussed on getting her running, but here's what I have.

I'm going to get a little lame here, but I want to say a massive thank you to you guys for answering any questions I've asked recently, and massive thank you to cully for the pulleys and some friendly advice! You're all a credit to this forum Smile
Thanks given by:
Sweet news!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
excellent news
well done Smile
Thanks given by:
awesome news! well stoked for you
Thanks given by:
Must be a great feeling that you've done it on your own. Well done mate

You come to the south west meet now Smile
Thanks given by:
happy days Big Grin
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
grats man! well done
306 HDi Dturbo- China Blue

Thanks given by:
So that's the gti insured again, finished off a few things on it, the the driver side window stopped working, again. I re soldered a few connections in the door loom, put my stereo and sub back in and took it for a spirited test drive. I don't ever remember it pulling this well!

Then drove in town to pick up some parts for my mums beetle and met a few mates, they're very happy to see this back. Everywhere I've been driving in the gti today I've found myself smiling like a dick. I've missed the shit turning circle, the rattles, the sound, the seats, I've thoroughly missed everything about this car.

Hopefully I'll see a few of you at the southwest meet if I can get some money together/this BMW sold Smile
Thanks given by:
YES MATE!
see you on the 10th then
Thanks given by:
Glad to see this all done now a lot of people now would of just scrapped it good to see another 6 hasnt died.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2013, 10:16 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: Glad to see this all done now a lot of people now would of just scrapped it good to see another 6 hasnt died.

I couldn't have scrapped it. I have far too much love for this car. It's such a shame when people just scrap them. The beauty of this is it cost less than £120 to fix. Just took some research, bit of hard work and a few gaskets!
Thanks given by:
Gutted doesn't even come close....

Having to take it to the scrappy tomorrow, genuinely so upset to have to see this go.

f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck WANK SHITE.

So unfathomably gutted, I'd have thought I'd get more than a week out of it :/
Thanks given by:
What the f*ck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Another pulley? what the f*ck.
Thanks given by:
oh fuckin hell man!
WTF has happened?
Thanks given by:
Don't know, was going down a hill at 40, and heard it. Popped the bonnet and was greeted with this. Another pulley on the inlet cam snapped. There's got to be more to it than just the pulley, I don't get it.

It's a right shitter.
Thanks given by:
Dont scrap the entire car man, just drop an entire different lump in there.. properly gutted for you though mate!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2013, 09:25 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Dont scrap the entire car man, just drop an entire different lump in there.. properly gutted for you though mate!

This.

Is the car tax'd/mot'd for a good few months?

Just find another 6 engine. IMHO

Organise a meet to help fit a new motor then Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yeah it is but I'm moving on the 25th, and don't have the space or money to swap for another engine :/
Thanks given by: