Callums project(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callums project(s)
I've been meaning to put something like this up for a while..

She looked alright when I bought her, but had many problems!

The day after I bought her:
[Image: IMG_0801.jpg]
A month after I bought her. It was this point I decided she needed her first wash...
[Image: IMG_0933.jpg]
And then...
http://postimg.org/image/d2olu0g19/
So, by this point I was finding more and more problems, before I went stage 1, I'd replaced:
Front P bushes
Drop links
Injectors
NSF wheel bearing
Tyres
CV joint
Brake pads
MAF sensor

By this point I wanted rid of her.

Until steve remapped it. She was a new car!!

I then bought some clones...
[Image: IMG_1239.jpg]

Then, this happened Big Grin
[Image: IMG_1394.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1760.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1762.jpg]

Shortly after stage 2, I realised by fuel gauge lies....
[Image: IMG_1376.jpg]

To sum it up, I love my HDi.... As I plan on buying a '6, I have no idea what the future may be for her, I don't want to get rid, and she needs resprayed, I just don't want to see her go! We'll see.....

[Image: IMG_1763.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1635.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That 'cooler set up looks exactly like I want it, any pics from underneath? Part list?

Looks good fella!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I bought a universal cooling pipe kit off ebay, couple of silicone bends, 2 bens/reducers cause the cooler was massive, bottom boost pipe off a 406, inlet elblow (I got the one with the doofer/doser thing) but that was easy enough to get off.

Oh, and it's running Bosch 072 injectors, which made a huuuuge difference. Still running stock boost as I cant for the life of me find the wastgate pipe to fit the controller in.

Photo of underneath:
[Image: IMG_1761.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking mint pal!
The boost controller goes in the pipe that goes from the compressor housing to the wastegate actuator housing!
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Looking good bud.

Glad to see the intercooler went to a good home Smile
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2013, 09:02 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: Looking mint pal!
The boost controller goes in the pipe that goes from the compressor housing to the wastegate actuator housing!

I know where to put it, and I know whee the wastegate is, but I can't find the pipe for the life of me! And thanks guys Smile
Thanks given by:
You really shouldnt be running stage 2 on stock boost mate, that could f*ck your turbo!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2013, 10:27 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: You really shouldnt be running stage 2 on stock boost mate, that could f*ck your turbo!

How would doing this ruin your turbo im about to fit my cooler and I was planning on leaving with the stage 2 for now too but not if I will damage stuff??
Thanks given by:
Because all that extra fuelling has absolutely no extra air to burn it! Makes for very high EGT's which is really not good!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know the EGT would be mighty hot, but I cannot find for the life of me this wastegate pipe! If someone would help fit this controller along with some beers as payment, I'd very much appreciate it!

And it's very smokey under load Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Just man up and do the wastegate manually lol, what turbo have you got? KO3 takes less than 5 minutes with a long 10mm spanner
Thanks given by:
It's the garret. I don't want to adjust the wastegate arm, would much prefer to put the bleed valve in so if I want to run epic boost I can. I understand it may decide to shit itself if it's too high
Thanks given by:
Epic boost? You do understand how HDI's work yes?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 09:42 AM)Anton Wrote: Epic boost? You do understand how HDI's work yes?

To some extent, do enlighten me though... Wink
Thanks given by:
For the love of god, don't use a bleed valve.. get a proper manual boost controller at least!
Thanks given by:
What's wrong with a bleed valve?
Thanks given by:
It's essentially giving you a controlled boost leak! It'll make the turbo lag more and generally over work it too... not what you want at all, you can pick up the proper ball and spring type MBC's for like £15 of eBay
Thanks given by:
Ah ok. Can you link me to one?
Thanks given by:
Exactly the same one i bought for my HDi http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURBO-MANUAL-B...33590834bd
Thanks given by:
Cheers fella, I'll get that one!
Thanks given by:
No worries mate
Thanks given by:
This is one i ordered for mine pal!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MANUAL-BOOST-C...1e5ee7b302
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
Ah sweet, even comes with the hose!
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 11:27 AM)callumcull Wrote: Ah sweet, even comes with the hose!

Not a bad buy at all mate, takes all of 10 minutes to install aswell! If you're not boosting enough, pull over, pop bonnet, few click, all of 20 seconds! Done!
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
You don't needto turn the boost up for stage 2 as such, people just got into the habit because more boost means more power right? Thing is the moment you turn up the boost on a gt15 you take it out of its efficiency range, more boost will put just as much stress on the turbo as more fuel, as long as you dont go mad with either she'll be fine. Depends on the map really, if shes not smoking like a train it should be good.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
She is smoking so bad after 2700k. I really like the trail of coal though!

I will put the boost up, I want all the power I can get!!!! POWERRRRRRR
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 12:15 PM)callumcull Wrote: She is smoking so bad after 2700k. I really like the trail of coal though!

I will put the boost up, I want all the power I can get!!!! POWERRRRRRR

If you want all the power, you will have to definitely look into a new turbo/fuel pump. There's only so much the tiny GT15/K03 can kick out! Hybridise a K03 with K03S internal or a GT15 with GT17 internals! R70 fuel pump and a map should take her to about 160/170 bhp
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
Poodle, it doesn't completely take it out of it's efficiency range, if it did that much then turning up the boost would mean no power increase as the increased heat through shear inefficiency would combat any kind of gain expected... more boost/air IS needed otherwise that fuel isn't being burnt, if it's not being burnt.. whats the point of even running a stage 2 map, might as well have just stuck with a stage 1 and the cooler.. IMO high EGT's will cause significantly more damage to the blower than running it at 2psi more over stock.. (which is actually all thats needed to make over 160hp anyways.. as dums old HDi state proved)

FYI adv.. if you're talking about hybridising the stock GT15.. it's pointless, considering it's single biggest restriction is the hotside.. which is tiny
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 12:40 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Poodle, it doesn't completely take it out of it's efficiency range, if it did that much then turning up the boost would mean no power increase as the increased heat through shear inefficiency would combat any kind of gain expected... more boost/air IS needed otherwise that fuel isn't being burnt, if it's not being burnt.. whats the point of even running a stage 2 map, might as well have just stuck with a stage 1 and the cooler.. IMO high EGT's will cause significantly more damage to the blower than running it at 2psi more over stock.. (which is actually all thats needed to make over 160hp anyways.. as dums old HDi state proved)

FYI adv.. if you're talking about hybridising the stock GT15.. it's pointless, considering it's single biggest restriction is the hotside.. which is tiny

Literally just thought that about 5 minutes after i wrote it, it's better to fit a GT20
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
Boost controller is easy to fit just fiddly, jack the car up take off the drives side wheel put your bonnet up for day light and get under, you should be able to see the pipe, took me 30mins to do just be prepead to cut/catch your arms up lol if you wasn't so far away I'd come help.
Thanks given by: