Callums project(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callums project(s)
Yeah if shes smoking like that then you've got a problem lol.

Sorry I should have said peak efficiency, I think you'd be surprised at how little difference increased boost makes to the power curve with these turbos. Personally I think increasing shaft speed and back pressure as much as you do to up the boost by five psi is more damaging than a few more degrees on the egts, but thats imo too as I dont yet have any proof either lol. The stage 2 map is merely turning the fuel up to match the increased air flow now available due to the fmic, otherwise itd be equally beneficial to turn up the boost on a stage 1.

Id agree about hybriding a stamdard turbo being a bit pointless, tbph I think they're all a bit pointless considering the massive range of turbos available as stock for less money that would work better with a bit of minor fab work.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I would've thought the air flow stayed the same.. ** psi with an intercooler will be the same amount of flow without an intercooler, surely the power difference comes to the colder density air, which as we know contains more oxygen = more power?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Corrected flow accounts for temp changes etc. This might take a while to explain (especially as I dont know the right terms for it all and im only working it all out still myself) and im at work, will have a go later. For now, consider this: if the turbos not flowing any more how can the air be denser..? Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Because before it wasn't intercooled.. (hot air - less dense) but now it is.. the air becomes more dense as the charge is cooled, or at least thats my understanding anyway lol
Thanks given by:
So, according to Steve when he done the remap he said it's gonna me real smokey until I up the boost pressure.

It's not smokey at all until I hit 2700k whilst flooring it.

I will increase the fuel pressure and the sensor off a 1.6 HDi.

I don't know tons about all this, so I'll have to rely on info from you guys Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah, colder air is denser and the intercooler cools air, qed... Denser air more or less means more air, so where does the extra air come from? Its still got to go through the turbo...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 02:18 PM)Poodle Wrote: Yeah, colder air is denser and the intercooler cools air, qed... Denser air more or less means more air, so where does the extra air come from? Its still got to go through the turbo...

Surely with the cooler and increase in boost pressure, means more air, and more dense air, so more power ultimately? Like, more air stuffed in the same space?
Thanks given by:
But.. we're talking about intercooled air.. which is post turbo so it doesn't have to go anywhere other than the inlet manifold... It's the same amount of air, it's just denser because it's colder... leaving more room for the turbo to fill it up with more charged air.. to cool again etc..etc
Thanks given by:
But if the boost pressure is increased, it's more air stuffed in the same space? And the air will be slightly higher in temp, as compressed air creates more heat. But still more air?
Thanks given by:
It doesn't 'create' more air, As you say.. it's the same amount just crammed into the same space, that space is your intercooler pipework.. but that air has already been cooled by the intercooler meaning the charge air which was hot is now still compressed but much much cooler (dependant on ambient air temp, intercooler setup etc.)

EDIT: essentially.. before intercooler = hot compressed charge air.. post intercooler = nice cool compressed charge air
Thanks given by:
Excuse the shite drawing, but this is what I'm getting at.....

Thanks given by:
Rofl

So much confusion in here, don't think i'm helping either lol. Maybe best to give up now. Confused
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I don't think my drawings that resemble that of a 5 year old isn't helping either!
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 03:09 PM)Poodle Wrote: Rofl

So much confusion in here, don't think i'm helping either lol. Maybe best to give up now. Confused

Agreed lol
Thanks given by:
Just lmao youv confused me ............. And I know what your talking about!!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 03:22 PM)puglove Wrote: Something..Something.. I need to give danny my supercharger

I agree!
Thanks given by:
your dreaming brother!

Thanks given by:
Sorry Callum, we'll stop clogging your thread now lol. Angel
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So a few days ago I bought Joe's ph2 gti6 Big Grin

After an epic drive back from Cornwall, she's been sat for a few days as the insurance doesn't start until the 25th.

I changed all discs and pads, I can honestly say I haven't driven a car that stops as well as this.

Spend most of yesterday changing things over from the HDi, head unit, sub etc.

Now I just have to wait till Tuesday before I can drive her.......
Thanks given by:
Good buy ,nice car ,nice colour

Thanks given by:
Ph2 Nile 6 crew ftw.. what do you reckon compared to the Hdi then?
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 10:41 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Ph2 Nile 6 crew ftw.. what do you reckon compared to the Hdi then?

The HDi felt quicker for the first ten mins I was driving the gti, until I drove the tits off it. It only felt quicker when the turbo kicked in. I was so so wrong. The gti is amazing, it's firm, it keeps pulling and pulling, it looks and sounds epic!!

I will thoroughly enjoy owning this car. So much better than the HDi. Who needs mpg when something is as fun as this to drive!!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to our world lol now you understand what i was on about in that buying thread of yours aha
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah, when I took it for a test drive with Joe, I was giggling like a little school girl when I heard the sound for the first time.

Is there a few on here that have nile ph2's?
Thanks given by:
Yeah haha, theres me, you, kim and i swear there's a couple more that i can't remember right now lol.
Thanks given by:
I vote a ph2 nile gti meet/photo shoot. I have a decent slr Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 01:22 PM)callumcull Wrote: Haha yeah, when I took it for a test drive with Joe, I was giggling like a little school girl when I heard the sound for the first time.

Ha I can second this, you even started grinning just talking about it earlier! Glad it's gone to a good home, does feel weird driving a standard slow falling apart car now!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 07:04 PM)kernow_joe Wrote:
(23-06-2013, 01:22 PM)callumcull Wrote: Haha yeah, when I took it for a test drive with Joe, I was giggling like a little school girl when I heard the sound for the first time.

Ha I can second this, you even started grinning just talking about it earlier! Glad it's gone to a good home, does feel weird driving a standard slow falling apart car now!

Hahaha shows how much I like the car! Thank for those parts earlier mate! Did the 205 make it back ok?
Thanks given by:
Whats your plan with the HDi?
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 07:16 PM)callumcull Wrote: Hahaha shows how much I like the car! Thank for those parts earlier mate! Did the 205 make it back ok?

no worries bud, yep made it all the way there and back
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by: