• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purdy!
sticker bombs are win!

check out my golf 8-)

[Image: 383389_10151501057475604_444875486_n.jpg]

[Image: 553029_10151501055025604_14786541_n.jpg]

[Image: 528252_10151501051935604_687856022_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So started work on stripping the pug for the new sound deadening and found this!
[Image: b97993ee.jpg]
Thanks given by:
O.o damn dude, good luck with that!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
So i got the sh*tty rust sorted! Big Grin
[Image: 7d8e82e4.jpg]

I also started to remove the carpets as they had got wet, but I hadn't realised how bad and my passenger side footwell front and rear was soaked and so was the foam on the carpet. But it's sorted now and currently looks like this.
I got the gf to do the hard parts lol
[Image: 431f1a67.jpg]
[Image: cdbfe17a.jpg]

So tomorrow I'm putting down some cloud 9 underlay as seen here, there plenty to keep the interior sound proof
[Image: 28fa1f9e.jpg]

So while I'm doing all this I will be putting in all new audio cables for my boot build & I've got a brand new head unit on it way!
[Image: 779ad6e4.jpg] it's extremely cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hmFpVCQ3...ata_player

I'll post a few more pics soon!
Thanks given by:
You won't regret the cloud 9. It's makes a great different to road noise. Combine it with some silent coat on big panels and you will have a mint sounding car!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 09:53 PM)Niall Wrote: You won't regret the cloud 9. It's makes a great different to road noise. Combine it with some silent coat on big panels and you will have a mint sounding car!

I got it after reading you guide on sound proofing a 306 Smile That carpet is a sod to get out from under the dash though lol.

Hopefully it don't rain tomorrow so I can do more work on it!
Thanks given by:
So I've managed to sound deaden the floor / boot and get the interior back in! It was abit of a rush job as I use the car daily but it's turned out really good, it's really quiet in the cabin now.

The duck tape came in very handy!
[Image: d9eb82c0.jpg]
[Image: 51cdbef0.jpg]

I have also cut out a full sheet of cloud 9 then covers the boot floor, couldn't get a pic though as it started raining!

More to come tomorrow as I get the new head unit!
Thanks given by:
So I spent the day putting the new head unit in and playing with its settings and it's awesome!!!!!!!! And the clarity on the Bluetooth connect for phone is excellent.

Got to tidy the wires up at the weekend and build a false floor for subs etc plans to be revealed shortly! And I've got to fix an amp as channels 3 & 4 don't seem to be working. I've looked at the fuse and that's fine but I'm going to replace it to see if it fixes it.

[Image: 1e7101fb.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks good mate! now sticker bomb that dash! Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I doing a custom sticker sheet for it Smile
Thanks given by:
Well I've had to get another gearbox! Mine is buggerd again!

I also decided to order some special paint Big Grin
[Image: 9f4463b9.jpg] going to paint the bonnet and roof this colour!

So Purdy has been on axle stands since Saturday! Things didn't go to plan with the putting the new gearbox in!

The old box was an absolute sod to get off! Nuts completey seized on the suspension support arms on both sides! Drive shaft wouldn't come off! Etc. So I left it for the day and started again Sunday morning, this time I found that the last people that put my tyres on for me f*cked up my locking nut! So it had to be knocked out so I now have to buy a new set!

Also replaced driveshaft seals but it's leaking oil! Thought I'd fixed it but I at so got to check in tomorrow now.

Anyways to cheer myself up I bought this
[Image: 3bc57b70.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So I fixed the leak! But then ran into another problem, the track rod ball joint is buggerd so had to order a new one and the clutch pin fell out on a test drive lol so got the parts and fixed it!

Took it on another test drive and things seems really good until the clutch won't engage properly. Then the gear linkage popped off while driving to cinema and I had to be towed how as I couldnt fix it at the roadside.

So i orderded some new Gear linkage which eventually turned up Friday morning! I fitted it and it automatically felt so much better to drive Big Grin
[Image: 81820ef3.jpg]

But then I started having trouble with my clutch again, I think it's the cable at fault so Its getting looked at on Tuesday in the meantime I've got my gf's Clio DCi which will be fun to drive!

Also ordered some locking nuts as the company that did my last lot of tyres buggerd one of he nuts up and I had to chisel it out so rather than buy another set from pug I went with these EVO5 locking nuts they only cost a couple of £ more. I'll be fitting these tomorrow/Tuesday as I don't want my wheels getting knicked lol
[Image: c7460855.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So it turns out the release bearing has gone on the bloody clutch! So I had to order some new parts and she will be fixed shortly!

[Image: D8668008-D953-4D41-999B-4B389D2514C9-868...BA7A01.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm back on the road!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

my father decided to tell me that he had loosened the bolts of the pressure plate of my old clutch, I do not know why he did this! He caused me a lot of problems! but. Made him pay for the new clutch! Anyways enough about that it's fixed!

And feels so much better the new clutch is really light and nice to drive!

Yay! I'm happy Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin lol
Thanks given by:
I've got some new brakes!

Heres one of my GTI 6 calipers there abit rusty. Just need a good clean up and painting pink!
[Image: 8A695529-257C-4AED-9786-509B5D20CEB7-265...2ECE4A.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Instead of pink... GITD!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
GITD would be pretty cool but I do like pink!
Thanks given by:
So I started stripping down the calipers and giving them a clean
[Image: 48763EDE-CCCC-460C-AA7B-5677546F1BDE-153...e9b968.jpg]

Also had a fight with the bolt attached to the caliper sliders and lost Sad lol so I'm getting the blow torch on it!
I'm going to completely refurb them as I want them perfect! So new piston rings, slider bolts etc.

More pics to come soon and I treated myself to some pink LEDs for my dash!
[Image: 3F8A70B9-CBAE-4C63-BA19-851ADDFF645E-153...17f5e2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Quick update:

Decided to underseal the arches and floorpan, done half the car so far now ready for bad weather lol hopefully get the otherwise done this week.

Also Got the car checked out today and had a proper look at it on one of the ramps at selecta tyre and it turns out that my shock absorber is fine! But the bushes on the wish bone are buggered! And I've got a split in a cv boot.

So it's not that bad thank god! Although I would of liked some new shocks

Only thing now is do I go with some replacement bushes or get the whole wish bone with them already in? I'll be replacing both sides while I'm at it.
Thanks given by:
Progress has been abit slow lately due to my health & other things, So Purdy has been getting neglected but that is soon to change!

I've got brand new wishbones to put on with bushes and new cv boot aswell, glow plugs for service etc

Ordered some braided brake lines for then 6' calipers! (Will hopefully have finished paintng the calipers soon and then put them together) got my side skirt seals ready for gti skirts to go on!

Will post some pics soon with the plans for 2013!
Thanks given by:
Picked-up SS exhaust off jammapic today Big Grin

[Image: B324442A-3C6A-4EA7-B3E4-6A289C6A775A-201...9CABF3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How are the pink dash leds, got them in yet?
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 07:00 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: How are the pink dash leds, got them in yet?

Not yet, was hoping to have them in by now lol but that many things have been cropping up I've not had time.

I'll try them on the interior clock first to see what the like before I do the dash.
Thanks given by:
Also got these in the post today off swampy Big Grin

[Image: B7D7A075-B691-4CC6-93F7-75EE1EE44F6A-939...663FA6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Plans - 2013

As some of you may know I'm hoping to get a new car soon so that I can take the 306 of the road and work on it in my spare time. I'm doing this as my health isn't the best at the moment and here's just that much that needs doing to her that I haven't got the time.

First step of my plan is to get everything electrical/mechanical in working order! Then move onto engine mods such as FMIC fit my SS exhaust and all the other parts I've got in the shed!

Next step is to fit Gti bumpers etc and to sort out the interior and I.C.E. and rest of bodywork. These will obviously take me time but I think I can get her running/looking good for FCS 2013

Once I've got it to a good standard and enjoyed it for abit it'll be time for extremely big power and some wild body modifications when the show season is over Big Grin

More detailed plans to follow soon.
Thanks given by:
So since its been a nice day, I decided to de-rust my GTI calipers so I can get on with refurbing them!<br /><br />Take one bucket and fill it with distilled white malt vinegar and soda crystals. Then place rusty parts in bucket and watch the magic happen!<br /><br />http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i397...8BB010.mp4<br /><br />I'm leaving all the parts soaking over night and will clean them up in the morning with a wire brush to get rid of the remain crud and I might even be able to get a coat of primer on them. If not ill try and do it Xmas day lol
Thanks given by:
That's going to be awesome when it's all done, can't wait to read more
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2012, 02:06 PM)RJDubya Wrote: That's going to be awesome when it's all done, can't wait to read more

Thanks mate Smile

Just a quick photo from how the brakes are looking from a soaking in vinegar and soda crystals. This is without any scrubbing / cleaning done to them.

[Image: B0D18261-083E-473F-A341-FCB2EE46453F-235...5CE9F3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Gave the carriers two light coats of zinc primer to prevent them rusting again and giving them plenty of time to dry in between coats.

[Image: A40E66B4-891F-4831-88F7-93BC31B5760B-515...E410B3.jpg]

I'm aiming to get the piston rings out of the callipers tomorrow and then I can zinc coat them before I paint them pink! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Been fighting with callipers today and got one fully dismantled! I knew people had referred to the French as slimy before, but didn't realise they were that bad, got grease everywhere! lol

[Image: 756ED359-948B-454E-9E63-B40FF61F727D-515...71033E.jpg]

Also picked up a few bits of Ash23 Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purdy! (HDi Estate) Aaron35 34 7,841 14-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo