mooey's Hdi Shed thingy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mooey's Hdi Shed thingy
SRowell Wrote:Bad stuff mate. Boost wasnt enough to get you out of trouble Sad

No, boost's rubbish for that, damn lag! :roll:

Seriously Mooey, that sucks mate! Sad Maybe the person behind had defective brakes or something and was trying to warn you she couldn't stop...?
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Lol....or maybe not!? lmao

I was being serious though cos I'm sure we've all had the occasional 'oh shit' moment when you get brake fade and geniunely aren't sure if you will stop in time......you'd want to do anything possible to avoid a collision....
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Lol....or maybe not!? lmao

I was being serious though cos I'm sure we've all had the occasional 'oh shit' moment when you get brake fade and geniunely aren't sure if you will stop in time......you'd want to do anything possible to avoid a collision....

driving home from Liverpool once I was tired and was driving in the slow lane and somehow trucks seemed as if they were coming backwards at me really fast! Was like swerving to avoid them D:
Thanks given by:
Glad your all ok gutted for ya though bud!! Weren't a Lexus was it remember reading about the electronic throttle sticking on on them!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Glad your all ok gutted for ya though bud!! Weren't a Lexus was it remember reading about the electronic throttle sticking on on them!

Toyotas mate....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:
Jonny b Wrote:Glad your all ok gutted for ya though bud!! Weren't a Lexus was it remember reading about the electronic throttle sticking on on them!

Toyotas mate....

Same thing ain't it! Ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's pretty harsh dude, hope you repair it, she's looking tidy now.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If is repaired it will never be the same or as safe looks like it will be made in to bean cans its bent underneath the beam is creaking too.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Shame that's it's going to the scrappys.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Shame that's it's going to the scrappys.

I will make good use out of most of it don't you worry about that.
Thanks given by:
Well I liked this car, now it appears that its fecked, glad everyone is OK but looking at the damaged I would say that is well beyond economical repair and will soon be getting made into a box Sad bad times!

I do hope the person who hit you stopped?! and that their insurance is paying for this! because if they are and your not found to be at fault then (as long as everything is declared on your insurance) you can demand to be put back into the situation you were in before the accident whatever the cost, as in repair your car or a replacement car the same inc mods. just a bit of a shame given the progress you had made on it!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
The car is fully insured including all mods. Even if the car was put back on the road it will never be as safe ever again. I don't think I would feel the same and put the work in to it. Iv spent £100s in the last few months new gear box clutch ect.
Am to sore to get under it at the minute but am told if I can make the car drivable for now I can drive it.
Thanks given by:
mooey65 Wrote:The car is fully insured including all mods. Even if the car was put back on the road it will never be as safe ever again. I don't think I would feel the same and put the work in to it. Iv spent £100s in the last few months new gear box clutch ect.
Am to sore to get under it at the minute but am told if I can make the car drivable for now I can drive it.

I understand this entirely mate, So did the other party stop? and is it going through their insurance?
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:I understand this entirely mate, So did the other party stop? and is it going through their insurance?

Yes she stopped and am waiting to here from them.
Thanks given by:
mooey65 Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:I understand this entirely mate, So did the other party stop? and is it going through their insurance?

Yes she stopped and am waiting to here from them.

As I say, If she is found to be at fault you can demand to be put back in the position you were in before the accident regardless of cost, be that your car being professionally repaired or a replacement with the same mods and a hire car while its being sorted as it wasn't your fault.........if your not careful you will be left with a small payout (306's have no real value any more) and no car as insurance companies are bastards! Just thought it was worth you knowing so that you could look into it and make things a little bit better for you given the situation!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Understand where you're coming from fella, pity though. Personally i'd take Marks option, then remove all the good bits, put it back to standard and should sell on as mint condition. Should leave you with a nice budget and pile of upgrades for the next one, there will be a next one...?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So I can ask for a like for like including mods? How does that work and who puts the work in to the car?

As for a next one iv not got a clue I just need a car to get me to work and back at the minute.
Thanks given by:
mooey65 Wrote:So I can ask for a like for like including mods? How does that work and who puts the work in to the car?

As for a next one iv not got a clue I just need a car to get me to work and back at the minute.

Yeah, if your not at fault then you can because as I say you can request to be "put back in the position you were in before the accident" which means they have to sort it out so you have a car of the same standard (including mods mileage etc) regardless of cost, they can't just write it off! Weather they fix yours or replace it is up to them, speak to your insurance company and ask as they should know the score and should do the arguing for you Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Wow this sucks... But atleast everyone is ok! But this is more than likely a write off as from the looks of the pics the rear has just crumpled and even if it could be repaired, if god forbid it was in another accident from the rear, it would just fold up :/
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt feel happy driving this if it was repaired!
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:I wouldnt feel happy driving this if it was repaired!

i dont think it be worth it as people have said it can be repaired but it will never be the same.

guttered though love lil eric x
Thanks given by:
yeah my orion never felt right after i repaired it
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That is a right shitter, sorry to see it dude Sad
Thanks given by:
Well it will live on in spares
Thanks given by:
You bought a new one yet? Any news from the insurance company?
Thanks given by:
My insurance o :twisted: ffered me 1100 but IV told them that as I believe am not at fault am not having them have any involvement in this claim it can all be done though the third party and there still waiting on paper work.
Thanks given by:
And nope no new car yet.
Thanks given by:
1100 isn't a bad amount!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  D-Shed mspdan 5 1,424 31-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Tom
  205 td shed kernow_joe 44 12,016 25-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe