stage 2mapping questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stage 2mapping questions
Am looking at tuning to stage 2 on my hdi fmic etc but dont really wanna change the turbo or pump. Just looking for a few answers as search button is abit irritating. i am looking to find a good well known mapper who can map the car safely on the stock items and what bhp and torque am i looking at safely running
Thanks given by:
I'd go and see Pro_Steve, he's a top guy and will sort you out a map to suit.

With everything stock you're gonna need to stay around the 140-150 mark if you want any kind of long term reliability, especially for the turbo.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Thats perfect. Just what im looking for. Be enough to annoy a few cars and stay reliable :-)
Thanks given by:
Pro steve has done my s2 map, running 152bhp with fmic, good '6 clutch and turbo wound to 22psi
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
yeh for stage 2 you dont need to upgrade the pump or turbo. Its just a map. You do however need a good clutch! A sstandard map will take a stage 2 map with limited torque but the full on torque map youll need a better clutch.
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2013, 08:59 PM)hdi shaun Wrote: Thats perfect. Just what im looking for. Be enough to annoy a few cars and stay reliable :-)

Yeah, also you need to consider how much torque you want to run, might be worth going for a reduced torque map in order to save your clutch.

Thanks given by:
Its on a stage 1 now with straight through exhaust and uprated clutch so torque is fine. How much does pro-steve charge?? And were is he locatad
Thanks given by:
Just PM him on here mate, I'm not 100% on costs but shouldn't be stupid.

Thanks given by:
Ok chap thank u :-)
Thanks given by:
No worries Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Shaun just buy a map off him and upload it yourself. If you need a hand just say, Trent.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Are you Somerset fella? If so, go see Steve, he's only in Bristol and for a few quid more he'll do a proper diagnostic session on it at the same time.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-04-2013, 09:40 PM)Poodle Wrote: Are you Somerset fella? If so, go see Steve, he's only in Bristol and for a few quid more he'll do a proper diagnostic session on it at the same time.

ProSteve lives in Bristol? Though he was a midlander!

How come we ain't seen him at meets!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
No, it's whippy that's the midlander. Steve doesn't drive a 306 any more and is pretty busy - this mapping thing is only on the side, he has a real job too lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Who is the countries best 306 mapper?
Thanks given by:
Probably pug1off or someone like that. Best HDi mapper is steve imo.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
hmmm... i was gonna go see whippy after my car was done with pump and things, might go see steve instead... hes certaintly more local
Thanks given by:
Trent i didnt realise u were on here hows things. Ye ill give him a pm once i sort out my fmic then were good to go :-)
Thanks given by:
Whippy's pretty stuck in his ways from what i've heard - big fuelling upgrades are pointless, the standard turbo is fine, there's no point revving these engines etc. Steve will just do what you ask, and do it well, no better customer service imho.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Whippys in leeds, west yorkshire...

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Oh is he that far north? I thought it was birmingham for some reason lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
whats the best clutch for a stage 2?
Thanks given by:
I run a '6 clutch and flywheel but I've read that a cg paddle clutch is the best. I'm sure others will confirm that though

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
oive gto a helix 4 paddle and uprated pressure plaste, unsprung, andits awesome... expensive thouugh
Thanks given by:
CG is most certainly not the best, a large number of people have had serious problems with theirs and customer service has been poor when they've taken up issues with the sales team. Helix and Sachs paddle clutches have both got good reps, you'll pay for it though. There are several budget options about, but the jury's still out on whether they're any good as long-term solutions - dt, gti6, berlingo, etc.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Fair enough poodle. I knew I heard of cg but I couldn't remember whether it was good or bad! Lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah i've done that before! You see the name a lot and your brain somehow decides that must mean it's good... stupid brain, can't be trusted lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm running Steves stage 2 map, with FMIC, decat, 072 injectors, and a standard LuK clutch and it holds the power absolutely fine!

I couldn't recommend Steve enough, absolute legend as I've said many times before Smile
Thanks given by:
Is that a full fat map or torque limited? it will hold the power but depending on how you drive will depend on how long it holds for
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2013, 01:46 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Is that a full fat map or torque limited? it will hold the power but depending on how you drive will depend on how long it holds for

Full fat! No sign of clutch slip at all, and I drive it like I've stolen it. Very heavy on acceleration!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about hdi stage 2/3 pedro_s13 3 1,613 01-07-2018, 06:53 AM
Last Post: Poodle