No oil light when turning ignition key over

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No oil light when turning ignition key over
Hi i notic when i turn the ignition key over there is no light on the dashboard only park light and battery light, maybe the oil sensor does not work?
If it is the sensor where is the sensor on the engine? behind the engine or front?
Peugeot 306 xrdt xud engine.

Thanks m8,s Wink
[Image: 62941977.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hi, the oil sensor is here:
[Image: P1010073_zps2d05e62e.jpg]
The one with the red wire going to it in the center of the pic. I believe it is a 19mm or 21mm deep socket that you require to remove it. I had the same problem and replacing the sensor with a different one fixed it.
Thanks given by:
Ok thank you very much m8 il check it out Smile
Thanks given by:
Check the bulb behind the symbol?
Thanks given by:
More likely the dash than the sensor, put multimeter on sensor and see if it works, if so, check the bulb Tongue either that, or just connect a bit of wire to the red wire on teh sensor, turn ign on, and touch the wire to ground, should make the bulb go on / off
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks for answer back i am going to tray it out and see if it works, i have already order a new oil sensor but yes it might be the light on the dashboard Tongue
Thanks given by:
I have checked with multimeter nothing happens, when doing with a wire nothing happens so maby the light is broken yes ore a bad wire Smile
Thanks given by:
Wich lights fits in to the bulb dash board speedometer?
I see diffeferent lights on ebay but i am not sure wich one is the correct one, i quess i need a red one but a tip would be great wich one is correct thanks Smile
Like this one ore that one....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLUE-LED-FULL-...0452491259

http://www.ebay.com/itm/509T-LED-BULB-DA...51a0c6ca05

thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
You dont need a coloured bulb behind warning lights as the symbol has a coloured surrounding. Have a look at the other bulbs in your cluster.
If you want to change the colour of your clocks then the 509T T5 twist lock bulbs are what you want, though you could just put a red LED behind the oil warning i guess Tongue
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks m8 for the answer back Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dturbo egine in. Just turning over. Darren123 16 5,555 29-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Dan306DT
  Screetching on boost after turning down wastegate 306Puggy 15 2,985 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Last Post: 306Puggy
  Whining when turning davalav 8 2,364 24-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Last Post: davalav