Damn snow!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn snow!
procta Wrote:tom what you should have done is found a nice empty car park and went for it with the handbrake.

Who says I didnt? Wink

Also had a play with the ASR. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
ASR is utter shite. I turned it off in the skoda today because it was actually making driving more dangerous than it would of been with me driving with no driver aids!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I don't see what's dangerous about it.....it hasn't even come on while driving! I made it cut in by dumping clutch in 1st in about 3 inch or snow in saisburys car park....it just slowly pulled away with none of the drama you'd get without it. It also came on getting onto my drive, again not dangerous, just got me onto the drive without any spinning.

Maybe skoda ASR is dirrent as liam was moaning was moaning about the vrs ASR.

The abs is better than the over reactive ph3 abs though lol!
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:I don't see what's dangerous about it.....it hasn't even come on while driving! I made it cut in by dumping clutch in 1st in about 3 inch or snow in saisburys car park....it just slowly pulled away with none of the drama you'd get without it. It also came on getting onto my drive, again not dangerous, just got me onto the drive without any spinning.

Well in my car, It was far to sensitive. Several times I tried pulling out of a junction and it just cut power even after it had supposedly gained traction. I actually could drive better on the way home with it off as although I did slip the wheels a few times, I could pull away at a sensible speed and accelerate before the person behind me had to brake.
With it on, it was kicking in even after changing gear and just completely cutting the power. And believe me, the skoda doesn't wheel spin in second!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Hmm, fair enough, mine isn't that sensitive though, just seems to be there when its helpful in the snow. Infact it cuts in more on wet roads than snowy ones.....but that's probably cos I don't treat traffic lights like drag race starts in snow Haha! lol
Thanks given by:
wtf! tom there is loads more snow down south! There isnt any in Liverpool!
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:wtf! tom there is loads more snow down south! There isnt any in Liverpool!

Its still here today....more like compacted black ice than snow now though. :roll:
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
SRowell Wrote:wtf! tom there is loads more snow down south! There isnt any in Liverpool!

Its still here today....more like compacted black ice than snow now though. :roll:

surprised nobody has complained tbh. Suffolk normally complains about anything black D:
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:I don't see what's dangerous about it.....it hasn't even come on while driving! I made it cut in by dumping clutch in 1st in about 3 inch or snow in saisburys car park....it just slowly pulled away with none of the drama you'd get without it. It also came on getting onto my drive, again not dangerous, just got me onto the drive without any spinning.

try driving fast with the ASR on and you'll see how crap and dangerous it is....in wet and dry conditions. As soon as I get in the skoda i turn it off. Ive had it kick in i third gear in the dry up hill round a corner and the rear end got so twitchy as it kill the power.

ESP however is a amazing bit of kit.

Edit - we had about 6 inches of snow here and most of its melted all ready.
Thanks given by:
stevobeavo Wrote:

try driving fast with the ASR on and you'll see how crap and dangerous it is....in wet and dry conditions. As soon as I get in the skoda i turn it off. Ive had it kick in i third gear in the dry up hill round a corner and the rear end got so twitchy as it kill the power.

ESP however is a amazing bit of kit.

Edit - we had about 6 inches of snow here and most of its melted all ready.

Why would you he drivinging fast insnow? :?

Drive to conditionsvand its not a problem........but all that have moaned about it have skodas.....maybe its more sensitive in those.
Thanks given by:
ASR - Anti Skid Regulation?

Sounds like something that should be applied to your boxers tbh...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:ASR - Anti Skid Regulation?

Sounds like something that should be applied to your boxers tbh...

Lol, great minds eh?, just yesterday I was saying it should be built into toilet cleaner!! lmao
Thanks given by:
Tbh I dont understand the point of it. It's basically traction control yet they offer traction control on the skodas as a option.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:Tbh I dont understand the point of it. It's basically traction control yet they offer traction control on the skodas as a option.

Do they? Well thats odd lol!! Maybe they know the Skoda ASR is shit... :think:
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
NiallHarper Wrote:Tbh I dont understand the point of it. It's basically traction control yet they offer traction control on the skodas as a option.

Do they? Well thats odd lol!! Maybe they know the Skoda ASR is shit... :think:

Errrr Tom it's the same as the golf ASR....which is shit.
As far as I'm aware, there is no good driver aid out there that helps in these sort of conditions. Your best off turning them all off and using your common sense
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Clearly its not the same as I don't seem to have a problem with it LOL. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Clearly its not the same as I don't seem to have a problem with it LOL. Tongue

I bet it is. But what isn't the same is 3 things. Firstly, the skoda will weigh more and be balanced differently. Secondly, I have 200+ kg of stock and tools in the boot and thirdly, you haven't actually worked out yet that you need to use the right hand pedal. You can't just pull away on the clutch as people get pissed off if there behind you!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
There's a difference between not impedeing traffic and just booting it though lol.

I also have a boot full of crap atm.....but you're right, the skoda is probably heavier. However mums little fabia on skinny tyres isn't so good in the snow and ice as the golf....she doesn't have ASR though...... :think:
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:Errrr Tom it's the same as the golf ASR....which is shit.
As far as I'm aware, there is no good driver aid out there that helps in these sort of conditions. Your best off turning them all off and using your common sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-hHWSQhKuc

You were saying?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to drive in the snow Iceman299 16 3,888 22-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  SNOW!!!!!!! Piggy 70 22,891 26-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  Its only a bit of snow bingham123456 76 29,914 18-02-2013, 04:25 PM