Post Camping Meet banter and lolz thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Camping Meet banter and lolz thread
(22-04-2013, 05:32 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: No isle of man, no speed limits.

Amazing idea. People will drive like dicks and end up having a crash. Also, great idea to have a meet where most of us will have to travel a minimum of a few hundred miles
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
f*ck me when did you get so old.
Thanks given by:
The moment he lost his Virginity
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2013, 05:41 PM)Rich306 Wrote: The moment he lost his Virginity

Same day he met Samass then?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
South wales please?!

Even though I don't own a french car anymore, I'd still turn up even if it meant getting taken the piss out of Big Grin
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Isle of shite = shit roads to much traffic and the most expensive ferry crossing per mile in the world.

I think Wales is the best bet so far.
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2013, 05:46 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Isle of shite = shit roads to much traffic and the most expensive ferry crossing per mile in the world.

I think Wales is the best bet so far.

QFT, Wales is a good shout

Thanks given by:
(22-04-2013, 05:41 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: f*ck me when did you get so old.

Not old. Im just trying to be realistic and make a point as to how silly it is for almost all members to travel that far for something that will end up in tears for someone
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
yess Camping meet in EA! We can speedboat! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2013, 05:48 PM)Niall Wrote: Not old. Im just trying to be realistic and make a point as to how silly it is for almost all members to travel that far for something that will end up in tears for someone

Gotta agree here, I've seen one too many cars written off at a meet due to someone driving beyond their ability/the car's ability.

Thanks given by:
(22-04-2013, 05:55 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(22-04-2013, 05:48 PM)Niall Wrote: Not old. Im just trying to be realistic and make a point as to how silly it is for almost all members to travel that far for something that will end up in tears for someone

Gotta agree here, I've seen one too many cars written off at a meet due to someone driving beyond their ability/the car's ability.

Exactly. Its all well and good saying we can all go for a steady drive but it wont happen.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(22-04-2013, 05:57 PM)Niall Wrote:
(22-04-2013, 05:55 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:

Exactly. Its all well and good saying we can all go for a steady drive but it wont happen.

I have to say that at this meet there was no incidents.. Everyone drove pretty sensibly while out on a drive... ( Apart from one jaguar related incident that is Rofl )

Although I was close to oversteering to my doom coming off a slip road when me and Chris went to get fuel lol
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
That jag driver was a lady garden
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2013, 08:31 PM)Connor Wrote: That jag driver was a lady garden

That he was. What a complete bellend.

Thanks given by:
Wales is notorious for having picky police officers, which isn't a problem in the sense that I would expect everyone will be obeying the law, but in terms of being stopped and hassled purely for being there is something I think we'd all want to avoid.
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2013, 08:40 PM)Scott Wrote: Wales is notorious for having picky police officers, which isn't a problem in the sense that I would expect everyone will be obeying the law, but in terms of being stopped and hassled purely for being there is something I think we'd all want to avoid.

I was going to mention this also...
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Thetford forest...
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I would say somewhere slightly more central, something like Oxford-ish area.
Thanks given by:
Scotland?

Just a thought. Epic, epic roads and scenery, and even though it's a long way for people, it is SO awesome to drive there.

Thanks given by:
As much as it would be an epic trip, I'd definitely have to say no to Scotland (unless I were to fly up there) as there's no way I'd be able to afford to take a 6 up there, and even jumping in with someone else it's a stupidly long drive! Sad
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2013, 12:24 PM)Jake Wrote: Dums cabby?

Good point... :S

Forest of Dean? Rural enough there's not many police, can't hoon because there's sheep EVERYWHAR, fairy central, probably cheap camping....
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
isle of man only has no speed limit if your a resident or have special permission i believe.

wales would be epic, i've never been pulled in wales, the traffic cops will pull up next to you at petrol stations but mostly they are just interested in the car if you're driving something interesting, welsh police are by far the best i've encountered.

poodle, have you been to the forest of dean? its like the hills have eyes out there......
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
My farm? Wink
Thanks given by:
Just a thought but is there an A306 road anywhere and where does it run from/to?
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2013, 06:26 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Just a thought but is there an A306 road anywhere and where does it run from/to?

yeah, its in richmond in london lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I remember the jag incident well and seeing my life flicker before my eyes haha
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2013, 06:47 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(23-04-2013, 06:26 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Just a thought but is there an A306 road anywhere and where does it run from/to?

yeah, its in richmond in london lol

I might go look for that this afternoon as im in richmond
Thanks given by:
(22-04-2013, 08:45 PM)Scott Wrote: As much as it would be an epic trip, I'd definitely have to say no to Scotland (unless I were to fly up there) as there's no way I'd be able to afford to take a 6 up there, and even jumping in with someone else it's a stupidly long drive! Sad

And here we have the crux of the matter.

Unfortunately given the distribution of members on the forum, Scottish members also face ridiculous costs to get anywhere South for a meet. One of the reasons you will hardly see my face at meets and shows, a one off like FCS I can budget for, but monthly or whatever meets just aren't happening for me.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cwspellowe please let me be express my deep horror at your avatar photo? I feel myself being scared and hiding behind pillows everytime i scroll down past that pose. Lol!!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Why all the hate Rich, he's probably just using that to make sure when he's out waiting for his mates they know exactly what he looks like.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The photography thread - Post your own work! Dan! 345 111,149 02-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: PocketFighter
  First post/thread of Christmas! Merry Christmas! Dum-Dum 36 10,218 08-12-2014, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Matt
  The "Look what turned up in the post" thread! Just Sean 45 14,837 02-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Toms306