The photography thread - Post your own work!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The photography thread - Post your own work!
Right girls, theres a similar thread on another forum I use which seems quite succesful, has over 1500 pages and is bumped up pretty much every day, so I thought why not give it a go on here as theres a fair few photography people among us and everybody loves a good photo! Wink

No real rules tbh, just post up any of your own stuff as you wish and try to keep comments positive or constructive, if you think somethings crap then explain why and how it could be better etc.

Hopefully a thread like this will encourage me/others to take the camera out more often and try new new types of shots etc.

Off the top of my head, I expect to see some good stuff from Carlos, SRowell, Moonstone2.0, Dum-dum, and hopefully a few others :think:

Anyway il kick off with a few old-ish ones I took probably 2 weeks ago. Got some newer ones il hopefully get uploaded tonight, too.

[Image: 6382609951_9b13a68be9_z.jpg]
Meow by Daan!, on Flickr

[Image: 6349368601_b8b5efaf15_z.jpg]
Tudor Galleries by Daan!, on Flickr

[Image: 6311250429_c9d6fa4b15_z.jpg]
Wounded by Daan!, on Flickr

[Image: 6350116240_c9bb86c22c_z.jpg]
Broom by Daan!, on Flickr

Also, would be good to know what cameras/settings were used, if you can remember. The above were taken on my Fujifilm Finepix S2500HD, cant remember the settings though :roll:

Your turn! :dance:
Thanks given by:
i only take pictures on my iphone. cant afford a really good camera lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
My camera only costed me £100 lol

*Its not how expensive it is, its how you use it Wink (But I do want a better camera....)
Thanks given by:
some nice edits there lol x
Thanks given by:
dan where the hell did you get that?
i want!!
Thanks given by:
beccaboo Wrote:some nice edits there lol x

Thanks, lol?

Matt Wrote:dan where the hell did you get that?
i want!!

Ebay, pretty much the going rate for that make/model camera, was loads around at that price when I was looking for one... Smile
Thanks given by:
i dont edit my work lol
Thanks given by:
Sorry about the logo but its how i had them on my website..

some wintery ones to stay seasonal

[Image: winter%20smaller%203.jpg]

[Image: winter%20smaller%206.jpg]

[Image: winter%20smaller%205.jpg]
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
some nice work there hun
Thanks given by:
beccaboo Wrote:i dont edit my work lol

Thats cool, I do :clap:
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:

u being sarcastic lol :dance: :dance: :dance:
Thanks given by:
beccaboo Wrote:u being sarcastic lol :dance: :dance: :dance:

Im just being me haha! Personal preference to edit you own photos or not isnt it :violin: Lets see some of your stuff then! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
ha ha ha i shall post some stuff up when i get on computer at weekend all my work there as i just use a netbook day to day
Thanks given by:
Photography is an art form and it doesn't change that whether its edited or not.

To say that you dont edit your photos and to the people who are "anti editing" have you ever developed your own film and developed prints? There are different ways to develop film which change the way the negative looks, there are different ways to print to change the appearance. It is near to impossible to recreate "identical" prints with a home developing kit i.e darkroom, enlarger, chemicals..and that's what I love about b&w film photography. All camera's take photos with their manufacturer's underlying settings and technological design so in effect the digital photographs are pre edited to how the manufacturers and designers want it to look like :p This is not to say all photos should be post-processed and I try not to cause it is very time consuming but a photograph is the photographers final product not the raw template which is taken at the moment.

Long live film but I also hope digital gets better and better.

There is absolutely no shame in post processing...what would landscape photography be if the original film photographers didnt want to "burn" or "dodge" their prints to make their masterpieces because "it wasn't as it looked"? would be a tad boring Smile

Not criticising but noting my humble opinion
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
See my light painting thread for pics, I might stick some up later though Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Abandoned
[Image: n765675631_6540231_221772.jpg]

Vine
[Image: n765675631_6540241_6596175.jpg]

Stuck
[Image: n765675631_5669002_3624.jpg]

Twiggy
[Image: n765675631_5429313_2721.jpg]

Stop
[Image: n765675631_5429320_6544.jpg]

Half of these using a 8mp digital phone camera, never had funds to purchase a decent camera Sad

C&C welcomed
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Well said moonstone 8-)

Mark, dont be such a lazy twunt :hand: You must have some more decent stuff to put up, I forgot you liked photo stuff! Big Grin

Ginge, Cant see any of your photos, although im on my work PC so it may just not like where they are hosted.
Thanks given by: 306_ben
Dan! Wrote:

Not sure whether to post this here, but there we go...

Perhaps we can have a section on "How-to"? For instance that first shot of yours Dan looks superb and I'd love to be able to do something similar.

So maybe a section that details what software was used/techniques etc? Or some links to other websites with "Dummy" guides?
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Ginge, Cant see any of your photos, although im on my work PC so it may just not like where they are hosted.

straight from sphotos with facebook, i can imgur host them if need be : :geek:
Thanks given by:
Was thinking of doing this thread myself. You bumder.
Anyway, pretty sure these were ISO 100, using either bulb or 30sec exposure. White balance from 9000k down to 5500k with a M2/M3 colour filter.
[Image: DSC05945.jpg]
[Image: DSC05946.jpg]
[Image: DSC05949.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That would be an idea Burnmw, although feel free to just ask in here aswel if you want, helps keep the thread alive and full of info Big Grin

That first shot was just taken in colour and then editted using photobuckets built in edittor, which lets you use a tool called 'colour splash', which means it turns the whole photo B&W and then you highlight the areas you want to be brough back into colour. I did it with that photo to bring out the cats orange fur more and try to get the focus on the car rather than the backdrop.

Ginge, that'l be why, fb's blocked at my work! No worries about re-hosting them just for me, il be able to see them later if not Smile

Carlos, well gay! Great minds think alike though :dance: I like that last one alot, cool photo 8-)
Thanks given by:
carlos does your tripod shake?! lol
Thanks given by:
Good work carlos! I did some astro work the other month..will see if i can dig it out tonight..not as easy as it would seem! cant earth just stop rotating for just 30 seconds! :p
Thanks given by:
Anyway, a few topical ones of my own (from last year), camera is a Kodak Easyshare Z650.

[Image: Winter005Small.jpg]
Would have been perfect if that Transit wasn't in the way, didn't notice it was there when I took it Sad

[Image: Winter010Small.jpg]

[Image: Winter008Small.jpg]

[Image: HollyBush4Small.jpg]
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
carlos some pictures look pretty cool. also ginge,thats some pretty good quiality pictures there with a camera phone
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:That would be an idea Burnmw, although feel free to just ask in here aswel if you want, helps keep the thread alive and full of info Big Grin

That first shot was just taken in colour and then editted using photobuckets built in edittor, which lets you use a tool called 'colour splash', which means it turns the whole photo B&W and then you highlight the areas you want to be brough back into colour. I did it with that photo to bring out the cats orange fur more and try to get the focus on the car rather than the backdrop.

Ginge, that'l be why, fb's blocked at my work! No worries about re-hosting them just for me, il be able to see them later if not Smile

Carlos, well gay! Great minds think alike though :dance: I like that last one alot, cool photo 8-)

Cheers bud :romance-wub:
Just guessed on the point of focus. Was pitch black so couldn't see jack shite. Same goes for the other too shots, hence why they're as soft as foooooooooook.
Haven't been able to go out taking any photos for a while, too much coursework Sad
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:carlos does your tripod shake?! lol
As Moonstone said, it's actually the earth moving rather than the tripod. :o
Thanks given by:
Moonstone2.0 Wrote:Good work carlos! I did some astro work the other month..will see if i can dig it out tonight..not as easy as it would seem! cant earth just stop rotating for just 30 seconds! :p
True that, got a remote shutter release in the post now so should make life a bit easier.
Going to try some star trail stuff when it comes, 'bout 5/10 minute exposure and see what's what Big Grin
Thanks given by:
REally like your second and third shot Burnmw, shame about the transit in the first, I always end up with crap like that in the background of my shots lol
Thanks given by:
Carlos182 Wrote:
ginge191 Wrote:carlos does your tripod shake?! lol
As Moonstone said, it's actually the earth moving rather than the tripod. :o

wow... thats quite an exposure there!
i apologise!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photography challenge thread Jonny81191 806 374,398 09-03-2018, 03:40 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Photography Pages ozpug 3 1,881 07-01-2016, 02:33 AM
Last Post: 7057sam
  First post/thread of Christmas! Merry Christmas! Dum-Dum 36 10,193 08-12-2014, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Matt