EGT/Pyro gauges

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGT/Pyro gauges
Meh, it's not a lot to lose even if it isn't very good!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2013, 09:57 AM)Ricky Wrote:
(08-04-2013, 09:55 AM)anto Wrote: Think my gauge is broke :-(
Doesnt register any temps even when flatout coaling up a hill!

Flat out coaling up a hill..I would rather not know tbh! 1000+ degrees..

Oh I know that but its a sure fire way to let me know,if the gauge is screwed or not if it dosnt pick up that temp!
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2013, 10:59 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I do, but it stopped working, hence buying the stack one, not sure what happened as it was fine when Ruan borrowed it, then put it back on my car, and seemed to be dead...could have been an issue elsewhere, but not sure...

Do you know if the HKS probe will work with any other EGT gauge in the likely event that il have to ditch the broken HKS gauge?
Thanks given by:
Yeah i melted the HKS probe long ago, ive been using a generic probe off ebay without any issues / Ruan was also, but im using a brand new probe now, with no joy, unless its a dead probe, well i say now, should say was!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Just to bump this..

Been reading up on thermocouple types. The ones i've been sent for the gauge are apparently type T couples with a temp range of -200 to +350 degrees C, colour code is red/blue.

Apparently EGT's usually use type K's with a range of -200 to +1350 with a colour code yellow and red.

Any chance that could be the issue? The range of a type T is nowhere near enough for an EGT, no way of telling for definite though if it's a type T or general imported useless crap colour code.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hm you certainly need a k type, altho id have thought you shud get a reading, just alot higher than it should be given that sensors max output is for just 350...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah no reading at all. Going to redo my connections too as apparently they're really sensitive, this one wires with copper wire harness to gauge, and butt connectors to the probe loom.

TBH i might just save up for a decent gauge...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boost gauges & various other gauges Stevo-trendy 4 1,131 01-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Tom