What Discs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Discs
Righto guys

I'm needing to replace my discs. Now I've always thought discs are irrelevant to a large extent, as anything less than a few hundred quid would ultimately warp and crack anyway...

So my last 2 sets of brembo discs (@£80 or so a pair) have cracked and warped over the ~10k I've used each set.

I'm slightly questioning the point of spending that on another set when I can buy a pair of Pagid discs for £37ish off ecp, with probably the same result eventually!

Does anyone have any info/opinions on other discs. I dont necesssarily mind spending more if they don't die so quickly!

Cheers in advance
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Standard mintex ones. As you say, either that or go spend lots and lots on really decent ones.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Ive always been told to treat the disks as the expendable part and get decent pads...

cheap disks and decent pads (Y)
Thanks given by:
I've got Pagid discs and pads all round and so far am pretty pleased with them, they've been on about 4-5k and no problems at all, need to replace the rears again soon but that's due to the calipers being seized on and cooking the discs and pads but got new calipers and although they were thoroughly cooked they haven't warped or anything I just want to replace them for my own peace of mind and to make sure they wear more evenly.
Thanks given by:
I've got the boggo Mintex ones all round on mine (have done for about a year, since its' MOT) and can't fault them. Although I won't be anywhere near as hard on them as you...
Thanks given by:
Pagid. Very cheap with forum discount and they are very good for a budget brake!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I rate the mintex pads and discs. I replaced the first set because they were warped but they lasted long enough for the price of them.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My estate had fairly new brakes when I got it but they were the real cheap ones from Ecp (eicher) and two were warped causing a massive vibration.

So I bought the pagid ones from there instead, have covered around 4k and had no issues with them at all. Smile
Thanks given by:
Righto, I'll be getting the Pagid ones it seems! Cheers all
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Mintex and pagid are virtually the same iirc.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
not really what 100% relevent to topic. but..... iv got budget drilled and grooved from (will link late) and iv given them loads of stick over the last 2 1/2 years on both gti's with no warp / cracking and minimal lipping. i think they are epic for the money.

not really rating brembo these days. i used to get brembos from GSF £18 quid a side so cheapo ones and they would struggle to do 5k of commuting with a little ragging on the weekends and that was on a Dt with a OE MC

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Pagid
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
For the rears though would Eicher be alright you think for general day use?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2013, 11:23 AM)lolsteve Wrote: For the rears though would Eicher be alright you think for general day use?

I've always used them and they are fine so +1 from me
Thanks given by:
I think the Pagid's are even cheaper on Carparts4less buddy, which is ECP's sister site. Usually cheaper still after the forum discount is applied on ECP (codes don't work on CP4L sadly lol )
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
But CP4L have codes.....
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by: