306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
What Discs - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Suspension, Transmission, Handling & Braking (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: What Discs (/showthread.php?tid=12092)

What Discs - Ed Doe - 20-03-2013

Righto guys

I'm needing to replace my discs. Now I've always thought discs are irrelevant to a large extent, as anything less than a few hundred quid would ultimately warp and crack anyway...

So my last 2 sets of brembo discs (@£80 or so a pair) have cracked and warped over the ~10k I've used each set.

I'm slightly questioning the point of spending that on another set when I can buy a pair of Pagid discs for £37ish off ecp, with probably the same result eventually!

Does anyone have any info/opinions on other discs. I dont necesssarily mind spending more if they don't die so quickly!

Cheers in advance

RE: What Discs - Jonny81191 - 20-03-2013

Standard mintex ones. As you say, either that or go spend lots and lots on really decent ones.

RE: What Discs - Just Sean - 20-03-2013

Ive always been told to treat the disks as the expendable part and get decent pads...

cheap disks and decent pads (Y)

RE: What Discs - Dodgy Bob - 20-03-2013

I've got Pagid discs and pads all round and so far am pretty pleased with them, they've been on about 4-5k and no problems at all, need to replace the rears again soon but that's due to the calipers being seized on and cooking the discs and pads but got new calipers and although they were thoroughly cooked they haven't warped or anything I just want to replace them for my own peace of mind and to make sure they wear more evenly.

RE: What Discs - Curt - 20-03-2013

I've got the boggo Mintex ones all round on mine (have done for about a year, since its' MOT) and can't fault them. Although I won't be anywhere near as hard on them as you...

RE: What Discs - Niall - 20-03-2013

Pagid. Very cheap with forum discount and they are very good for a budget brake!

RE: What Discs - Ben - 20-03-2013

I rate the mintex pads and discs. I replaced the first set because they were warped but they lasted long enough for the price of them.

RE: What Discs - Toms306 - 21-03-2013

My estate had fairly new brakes when I got it but they were the real cheap ones from Ecp (eicher) and two were warped causing a massive vibration.

So I bought the pagid ones from there instead, have covered around 4k and had no issues with them at all. Smile

RE: What Discs - Ed Doe - 21-03-2013

Righto, I'll be getting the Pagid ones it seems! Cheers all

RE: What Discs - Oil-burner - 21-03-2013

Mintex and pagid are virtually the same iirc.

RE: What Discs - puglove - 21-03-2013

not really what 100% relevent to topic. but..... iv got budget drilled and grooved from (will link late) and iv given them loads of stick over the last 2 1/2 years on both gti's with no warp / cracking and minimal lipping. i think they are epic for the money.

not really rating brembo these days. i used to get brembos from GSF £18 quid a side so cheapo ones and they would struggle to do 5k of commuting with a little ragging on the weekends and that was on a Dt with a OE MC

RE: What Discs - Anton - 21-03-2013

Pagid

RE: What Discs - lolsteve - 21-03-2013

For the rears though would Eicher be alright you think for general day use?

RE: What Discs - vlj - 21-03-2013

(21-03-2013, 11:23 AM)lolsteve Wrote: For the rears though would Eicher be alright you think for general day use?

I've always used them and they are fine so +1 from me

RE: What Discs - C.A.R. - 22-03-2013

I think the Pagid's are even cheaper on Carparts4less buddy, which is ECP's sister site. Usually cheaper still after the forum discount is applied on ECP (codes don't work on CP4L sadly lol )

RE: What Discs - Anton - 22-03-2013

But CP4L have codes.....