Cambelt locking tools.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cambelt locking tools.
As above what sort of kit would I need to do the cambelt?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laser-Camshaft...0714260481

Would this do or is this just pissing money up the wall?

Cheers in advance for any help.
Thanks given by:
Just use M8 bolts.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
That wouldn't fit an XUD9 I don't think anyway, the holes are threaded.

As pointed out, just use some M8 bolts and a 6mm allen key!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 12:45 PM)Ruan Wrote: That wouldn't fit an XUD9 I don't think anyway, the holes are threaded.

what length of M8 bolts is best???
Thanks given by:
As long as you screw them in correctly and make sure that you know about the cambelt having to be tense from the front when you place the cambelt over the pump pulley and cam pulley, you can just use the intercooler bolts...

I know some people will moan at saying that as it is easy if you're not careful to end up with the timing a tooth out, but as long as you ensure you YANK the cambelt up from the front of the engine and push the pulley all the way on the bolt, and it'll sit in the right groove, and you're fine...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 12:58 PM)Ruan Wrote: As long as you screw them in correctly and make sure that you know about the cambelt having to be tense from the front when you place the cambelt over the pump pulley and cam pulley, you can just use the intercooler bolts...

I know some people will moan at saying that as it is easy if you're not careful to end up with the timing a tooth out, but as long as you ensure you YANK the cambelt up from the front of the engine and push the pulley all the way on the bolt, and it'll sit in the right groove, and you're fine...

I'm sure I'll be asking for your help in a month or to when the belts being done.
Thanks given by:
I got mine a tooth out didn't do any harm, glad I had some assistance at the time though Smile
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 01:16 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: I got mine a tooth out didn't do any harm, glad I had some assistance at the time though Smile

I will be on my own and it will be my first time doing a belt Confused
Thanks given by:
As long as you're aware of the possible issue, you'll be fine.

An XUD cambelt is very easy to do, long as you're man enough to get the tensioner off and lock it back, it's an easy job really...

Just be aware there's not much room down the sides, so be prepared for scraped hands!

Just tippex the cambelt and then you definitely cannot go wrong!
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 01:19 PM)Face. Wrote:
(20-02-2013, 01:16 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: I got mine a tooth out didn't do any harm, glad I had some assistance at the time though Smile

I will be on my own and it will be my first time doing a belt Confused

I broke my timing belt virginity on my own on a hdi and it was really straight forward just lock it all up and you'll be fine.

Like others have said though it is really tight down there Blush
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hardest part is getting the cambelt covers off
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 12:52 PM)Fathe 0911 Wrote:
(20-02-2013, 12:45 PM)Ruan Wrote: That wouldn't fit an XUD9 I don't think anyway, the holes are threaded.

(20-02-2013, 12:52 PM)Face. Wrote:

Just use the 3 intercooler bolts
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I use 3 m8 bolts with a bit of tape around the side next tbe head of tbe stud, just to keep tbe injector pump sprocket tight, and made up a pin for the flywheel, its an odd size.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parts and Tools for Engine Swap? bigcheez2k3 9 2,691 19-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Clutch tools Ben 15 3,058 02-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Curt