Bosch on lucas bracket

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch on lucas bracket
Hello, am im the middle of a bosch conversion! When putting the new pump on where do i need to move the 3 bolts in the bracket to, the holes to the right of where they sit now? i did have everything connected up without moving them but the car wouldn't start, it would fire and try but die again, many thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Just move every stud one hole to the right
Thanks given by:
Only 1 place they can go really! The two top ones can only go in one other hole! Then move the third to suit. When your doing it you wiill see what I mean! They will probably be very stiff to remove!
Thanks given by:
cheers guys!
Thanks given by:
Very stiff to remove! Any tips?
Thanks given by:
Wind two nuts on, tighten them together then undo the inner one onto the outer one and it should wind the whole lot out
Thanks given by:
yup that works, i tried it first time and nothing, tried again and... wouldnt you know! Tongue just need to spin camshaft 180 degrees now :/
Thanks given by:
So i got everything moved round, everything lined up belt tight and right live, and she wont start! It will splutter into life for 2 seconds but only hot about 700rpm then die, now i know my glow plugs DO need changing so will so that, but at the moment im using tge lucas injectors, would they cause this?
Thanks given by:
would put my money on timing, the pump will be a tooth out. Put timing bolts back in all the way and lock the crank etc then re do the cambelt. You will probably find the bolts dont wind all the way in the pump, so just put them in as far as they will go without shearing threads, remove the cambelt then wind them all the way in.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I did pull the belt up nice and hard made sure i didnt miss one as i had before, worth another try though, anything else i should look at?
Thanks given by:
You said youu where using lucas injectors, a bosch will run on them just be down on power, but what injector lines are you using, lucas or bosch?
Thanks given by:
Bosch lines, and the car is now running! Advanced the timing and it fired into life! Will be taking it to krisb soon for tune cambelt change and injector change... If he ever replies Tongue thanks for the help guys!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Substitution pump Lucas with Bosch AmedeoRS 3 1,625 13-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Last Post: toseland
  Lucas to Bosch Conversion Phase 2 306 DTurbo FrostyHDI 2 1,685 01-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Dave
  Bosch pump to bracket bottom bolt blinkyeatu 5 1,537 30-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Uberderv