THE_Liam - Octavia VRS - Project Sleeper!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE_Liam - Octavia VRS - Project Sleeper!
fuckin hell liam you still having faults with it!! this one reminds me of my mates A4 he bought for 650 quid. shell was in mint condition but by christ it did have some problems! iam not kidding you he must have forked out well over 2.5k into repairs and it still needed money throwing at it. i remember him spending 1k on it with in 2 weeks that was for mot and tyres.
in the end he got that fuckin sick he waited till the alternator went on it and scrapped it. his only mods were the later leather interior from another A4. which i sold for him on ebay.
i said he should have broke it, but he kept the bible of recepts as a reminder not to any near a vag again.
Thanks given by:
I'm very close to sorting this out, just needs engine mounts and clocks sorting. Then if I keep it, remap should give me 210-220bhp Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:I'm very close to sorting this out, just needs engine mounts and clocks sorting. Then if I keep it, remap should give me 210-220bhp Smile
liam id be getting shot once its sorted out, i wouldnt even bother remapping it after the f*ck on.
Thanks given by:
If I get rid I'll lose a lot of money on it mate, I'd rather avoid that if I can. First time I've ever spent decent money on a car and it's turned out to be a disappointment, but I don't wanna chuck in the towel just yet Wink
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:If I get rid I'll lose a lot of money on it mate, I'd rather avoid that if I can. First time I've ever spent decent money on a car and it's turned out to be a disappointment, but I don't wanna chuck in the towel just yet Wink

lot of people said to me pal, break it to get some cash back. he was just plain sick of the sight of it by the end. he belled a local scrappy and said take it away. new tyres aswell on it too!
but alarm bells were ringing with me with it as the wheel bearing was a way on it when he got it. also the old owner was well known for been hard with cars. it didnt even have a service from 40k till 70k! one of the mot testers said its a piece of shit hes bought and that he wouldnt have put a test on it!
but that was down to my pal thinking he could wing it instead of getting a mot on it when i told him 6 month earlier.
Thanks given by:
Not been on here for a while, had some computer issues plus been working shedloads of overtime...

Fingers crossed, a deal may be done to rid me of this ruinously expensive Skoda tomorrow. Any guesses as to what I'm getting?
Thanks given by:
I think a older Skoda? Retro breakdowns FTW
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 06:51 AM)HDIkyle Wrote: I think a older Skoda? Retro breakdowns FTW

Nope. Try again...
Thanks given by:
Lada.

[/inbeforeprocta]
Thanks given by:
Agreed a deal for 1300, means I've lost a fortune but I'll just be glad to get rid of this expensive piece of shit. It'll be sold back to the dealer as soon as I can find a cheap XUD Big Grin
Thanks given by:
easy a vauxhall nova saloon on D plate.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 06:00 PM)procta Wrote: easy a vauxhall nova saloon on D plate.

Funny thing is Procta, if I could find one i'd pay £500 for one of thsoe!!
Thanks given by:
I was thinking of an Octavia VRS for my next car... hmm.

Not so sure now.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't. Just don't.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 06:38 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Don't. Just don't.

Bwahaha!

Surely you were just unlucky and got a bad one?
Thanks given by:
Maybe, but I have an irrational hatred of these cars now lol
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2012, 09:24 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Maybe, but I have an irrational hatred of these cars now lol

I kind of want one for the same reasons as you did too though. I want a VAG 1.8T and this is the cheapest, fastest car with one in it.

I might just get a 406 DT and do a silly tune on it instead. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2012, 10:22 AM)me-tm Wrote: I kind of want one for the same reasons as you did too though. I want a VAG 1.8T and this is the cheapest, fastest car with one in it.

Confused

Erm, no it's not? I bought my A3 1.8T in 2009 for £1400... Just a remap and it was FAR quicker than the vRS.

Also, I never had ANY serious issue with it (that I didn't cause by modding it lol ) in the 2 1/2 years I had it, so yes I would say this is a bad one. I'd have another one tomorrow (and I'm very tempted to) without any hesitation. Easily the best car I've owned by a big margin.

You can't tar every car with same brush because of one bad experience. ALL cars have issues (this is a Peugeot forum, right...?) and if you get unlucky, you get unlucky.
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2012, 11:50 AM)Curt Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 10:22 AM)me-tm Wrote: I kind of want one for the same reasons as you did too though. I want a VAG 1.8T and this is the cheapest, fastest car with one in it.

Confused

Erm, no it's not? I bought my A3 1.8T in 2009 for £1400... Just a remap and it was FAR quicker than the vRS.

Also, I never had ANY serious issue with it (that I didn't cause by modding it lol ) in the 2 1/2 years I had it, so yes I would say this is a bad one. I'd have another one tomorrow (and I'm very tempted to) without any hesitation. Easily the best car I've owned by a big margin.

You can't tar every car with same brush because of one bad experience. ALL cars have issues (this is a Peugeot forum, right...?) and if you get unlucky, you get unlucky.

Whoops, sorry. Didn't realise the Audis were so cheap! What age was yours though?
I'm still tempted by an Octavia VRS just so I could cruise around wearing a high-vis vest and watch people move out of my way. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
No need to say sorry haha, was just pointing out there's cheaper options Wink. Mine was a '98. You can pick them up for about a grand now though...

If you like the bigger car though, the A4 1.8T's are cheap too... I've never been too keen on the Octavia myself...
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2012, 11:50 AM)Curt Wrote: You can't tar every car with same brush because of one bad experience. ALL cars have issues (this is a Peugeot forum, right...?) and if you get unlucky, you get unlucky.

I'm not mate, but if you have a bad experience with a car it will put you off buying another. Plus, to be fair I could do with something cheaper to run and insure, and I just fancy another 306, I was nothing but happy with them. The idea is to get a 306, and then when my money situation is better get a classic as a 2nd car, I'm between an MX5 and a 924 just now...
Thanks given by:
There's a cheap 924 for sale on rr at the moment, its in halifax, so local too!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Why a 924
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2012, 09:03 AM)Pete Wrote: There's a cheap 924 for sale on rr at the moment, its in halifax, so local too!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Yeah I saw that mate, looks good for £900 but I can't get classic insurance until next month when I turn 25...

(09-07-2012, 05:24 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Why a 924

Great looking, style, brilliant handling, reliability, nippy and it has pop-up lights Big Grin

Always wanted one. I know someone's gonna pop up and say its not a real Porsche and it has a van engine, but I'm not bothered, I'd have one if it had a VW badge...
Thanks given by:
Got a couple of prospects lined up for a temp car to replace this while I find a nice 306, either a Volvo 480 or I might be joining the 106 NAD club, there's a cheap one going nearby...
Thanks given by:
Shame you had a bad egg Liam. My furby has only wanted some bushes and a wheel bearing since I got it over 3 years ago. My next car will prob be another skoda.

My nieghbour bought a remapped octy vRS and loved it. Claimed it was quicker than his TB Dimma. Still hope your happy with your new car ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Haven't found anything yet mate, hoping to swap it for a HDi....
Thanks given by:
Thank God in heaven it's finally gone Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 8,013 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  THE_Liam - Diablo Phase 2 DT - To break, sell or crack on? THE_Liam 220 68,300 07-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  205 GLD Sleeper :) Chris_90 254 62,098 02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: cully